Answer
supastar313
New to Makeup, Help!
(0) Hearts

Hi everybody! I am new to makeup, all of it! I am 13 and i would like to start wearing makeup to school. I have medium-ish skin, brown eyes and light brown hair that gets lighter towards the bottom. Any ideas for what i should start with? Also i have an older sister but she doesnt wear makeup and my mom doesnt know i want to. How should i tell her???

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
WhimsicalNat
Answered
[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Hello and you came to the right place.

Rule #1. As an esthetician, I recommend paying attention to the ingredients. You want to look for makeup that says it's oil-free and non-comedogenic, meaning it won't clog pores which can lead to acne breakouts. At your age, I suggest trying Almay or Clinique foundation, since you probably need light coverage. Mineral powder or a BB (beauty balm) cream are both easy to apply evenly. Test along your jaw line to ensure the right color match. When applying, always gently blend from the neck up and be careful around the eye area as it's the most fragile skin on the face.

almay-wake-up.png

clinique.jpg

For lashes, a classic favorite. Maybelline Great Lash (in Very Black) does the trick. Take it slow. The first time I used mascara I jabbed myself in the eye...lol. Start with a little, at first, to build lash coverage. *Make sure to replace mascara every 3 months so it doesn't dry out and create clumping of your lashes.

maybelline-mascara-packaging-allura.jpg

If you want a touch of cheek color, Maybelline's Dream Bouncy Blush. It's creamy blush that you can apply with your fingertips. Simply smile and apply a small amount to the apples of your cheeks.

maybelline-dream-bouncy.jpg

Always make sure to moisturize your lips and, for you, a subtle lip color would be the perfect finish to your makeup regimen. Sephora Collection Ultra Shine Lip Gloss or Burts Bees Tinted Lip Balm are both budget-friendly ways to shimmer.

Sephora-Ultra-Shine-Lip-Gloss-Set.jpg

burts_bees_tinted_lip_balm_art.jpg

*** Always make sure to remove your makeup before you go to bed. This is the best way to prevent acne and keep your skin looking awesome, for years to come.

Most importantly, have fun! If you make a mistake you can always wash it off and start all over. Another great thing to keep in mind is Sephora and most drug stores will let you return a makeup product if it doesn't work for you. *Just make sure to hold on to your receipt.

Good luck!

Question Stats
  • 12 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 13 in conversation
    • berniebeauty
    • biancahart
    • IsabellaBeauty
    • babybear04
    • Graceann
    • MakeupLvr17
    • spark13