licilinda

New blush suggestions?

(0) Hearts

Hello all! I'm looking for a new blush, but I'm having a hard time trying to figure out what color would be good for me. I have dark brown hair, amber hazel eyes, and the color Buff in Clinique's even better foundation is the perfect match for my skin. I already own two of Tarte's Amazonian Clay blushes (exposed and tipsy).

licilinda

Re: New blush suggestions?

(0) Hearts

Thank you so much Ivyxox and Nicrohr for your awesome responses! I will definitely be looking into all recommendations :]

ivyxox

(0) Hearts

Have you tried Illamasqua's blushes?  They are amazing!! I would recommend power blush in naked rose and cream blush in dixie. They are very flattering on all skin tones :smileyhappy:

Nicrohr

[ Edited ]

Hi there and welcome to BT :smileyhappy:.

I too have been searching out new blushes in 2013/2014!  After many years not wearing blush, I wasn't sure what colors would suit me, either.  

Overall I think going in store somewhere and trying out some new colors (or buying some cheapies like NYX to try some new out-there colors!) is a good idea to see what you like... then if you choose, buy high-quality in the colors that most appeal.

Most recently, I moved from cool mid-to-light pinks into trying orange/peach, lilac, cool reds, warm bright pinks, and also some 'highlighting' blushes.

Also, let me say that while I have warm yellow/olive undertones, cool colors look better on me.  I have dark brown hair and hazel eyes and I'm fair caucasian (Bare Minerals in the second lightest shade).  In the summer sometimes I am very tan, though.

Here's a list of some much-recommended and high-quality favorites you might want to try, that people have recommended to me over the past few months (many of which I now own!):

- Cool mid Pink: NARS Gaiety is my HG blush.  I find it is a sheer matte cool (but not ultra blue based) , very buildable, not chalky and lasts me a long time.  This is my everyday go to blush!  It is MUCH more subtle on than in the pan, where it looks shocking pink -- this is a great starter blush in my opinion!  Tarte Dollface is also popular, and I think a little lighter in color but more opaque.

- Peach: NARS Orgasm - pretty shimmery warm peach, also pretty darn wearable, very popular and versatile.   OR Benefit Coralista, very similar, maybe more shimmery.

- Reddish/intense colors (also, I hear good for deep tans and WOC): Warm/neutal red: NARS Exhibit A.  Cool reddish deep pink - Tarte Flushed.

- Very Pale Pink:  Illamasqua Katie (matte), and Shmashbox highlighting Prism (slight shimmer).

Conversation Stats
  • 3 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 3 in conversation
    • ivyxox
    • Nicrohr
    • licilinda