BeautyPassioner

New Brush Cleaner

[ Edited ]

Hi everyone! I recently am looking for a new brush cleaner that is in a good price range and of course has good reviews. Do any of you girls have any reccomendations? I was exploring in the brush cleaner section online and I stumbled upon an exclusive brush cleaner from the Sephora Collection, and it was only $7. Should I buy that for $7 or should I buy a different brand that is better quality? Also, should I possibly get the $15 one that is bigger and can last longer. Thanks for your help!

Brushguru

Re: New Brush Cleaner

(0) Hearts

Looks like it's been a few months since you asked the question about trying a new brush cleaner.

Sephora has just put out a new brush cleaner out called: "citrus brush cleaner," by Parian Spirit. It works great for daily use as well as deep cleaning. It's only $11.50. You might want to try it.

BeautyPassioner

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Thanks so much everyone!!

xoxo 

Panda168

(0) Hearts

I think baby shampoo works really well or if you don't mind splurging the Beauty Blender Cleanser Solid is AH-mazing!

deannarp

(0) Hearts

I have to hype my new fav, Dr. Bronner (sp?) soap. Only 4-5 bucks and it makes my brushes look like new. I heard about the soap on here or through a guru and I had to google it, found out that it's loved by many for brushes. it's available at health food stores and at Target US. I also have the sephora brush cleaners and they can't get my mac 217 or 239 white like Dr. bronner. Not sure if I spelled it right but google it and it should come up.

melissabt

Hi BeautyPassioner,

I find that the Sephora Collection Daily Brush Cleaner works well! If you are unsure I think trying out the smaller size would be good:smileyhappy:

<3 Melissa
jennypenny1995

(0) Hearts

Sephora's Purifying Brush Cleaner is fantastic.  Only 1 pump gives me enough to clean the dirtiest and largest of all my brushes, and 1 bottle has last me months and months.  No need to buy expensive stuff!

BrennaMcD

(0) Hearts

My favorite brush cleaner is the Clean: Brush Shampoo. It is a solid product that comes in goat's milk and olive oil varieties. It is simple to use. The best part about it is that it conditions your brushes. I tried using Dr. Bronner's soap like many people recommend, but I found that it made my brushes feel coarse. 

enableme

(0) Hearts

I use olive oil mixed with Burt's baby shampoo to wash my brushes :smileyhappy:

comfyrock

(0) Hearts

I use Masters Brush Cleaner from a craft store.  With a coupon from Michaels or A.C. Moore. that's good value for me.

ilovebears

(0) Hearts

I really like the Sephora brush cleaner :smileyhappy:  I just ordered my second bottle!  I also have one of the small bottles, which I bring with me when I travel (I plan to refill it with the big bottle).

IAmLadyLiterary

I either use the BeautyBlender Solid Cleanser, which is great for travel, or I use Dr. Bronner's baby shampoo, it works well, it's inexpensive and it does come in a bar which is also great for cleaning brushes.

starletta8

(0) Hearts

I also really like the Sephora Collection cleaners.

crayzeeRN

(0) Hearts

I really like the Sephora brand cleansers :smileyhappy:

Tayvm

(0) Hearts

I've never purchased a cleanser specifically for brush cleaning.  I pick up natural bar soaps that have the nice conditioning oils in them.  I use them for my Beauty Blender as well.  There isn't so much lather that you spend forever trying to rinse them out and there is absolutely no staining on my brushes or BB.

sdbeautyjunkie1

I would suggest the Beauty Blender solid cleaner it works better than anything. I couldn't justify the $ for a oong time but it seriously makes my BB look brand new and cleans brushes super fast 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 15 replies
  • 4 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • jennypenny1995
    • crayzeeRN
    • starletta8
    • ilovebears
    • Panda168