pinktorridora

New Anastasia Brush #20

Looks like Anastasia released a new eyebrow brush, and I'm wondering if anyone has seen it or used it. Seems to me the new flat side is for precision, as opposed to the #12 that is angled.

Thoughts?

http://www.sephora.com/brush-20-P386784?skuId=1622083

melissabt

Re: New Anastasia Brush #20

(0) Hearts

Hi Pinktorridora,

I've used this kind of brush before, in my opinion I feel like it holds the color/powder on the brush better. For this type of brush you would use brushing up strokes to distribute the color more evenly.

<3 Melissa
pinktorridora

(0) Hearts

You like this type of brush better than angled brushes for brows?

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

It looks very similar to the Tarte one that comes with the Tarte brow mousse. I actually just got Anastasia Dipbrow and have been using my old Tarte one (the Tarte mousse didn't match my brows as well). The Tarte one works well, and it's nice that it came free with the Tarte mousse. The Anastasia brush #20 looks very similar. If I didn't have the Tarte one, what I'd do is go into a store that carried both brushes (likely a freestanding Sephora instead of a JCP Sephora) and try both with the Dipbrow (if that's what you're using) or with whatever type of product you're using.

I'm not sure that the flat bristles on the #20 would work well with powders or is better for brow pomades and mousses. The Tarte one has more flexible bristles. If the bristles on the #20 are stiffer, it seems this is more appropriate for powder.

pinktorridora

I was thinking the same - the bristles do seem stiff so I wonder if she made this brush for her Powder Duo. Also, maybe this brush could be used to sculpt out brows with powder highlighter or concealer?

DiVWA

(0) Hearts

IDK. I noticed one review said that the brush worked well with Dipbrow. Another said it didn't work for concealer. There are only about 5 reviews so easy to read them. You could always ask a question about the firmness/flexibility of the brush and see how users answer. The Q&A has helped me numerous times with products like this.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • melissabt
    • pinktorridora
    • DiVWA