Cheer14

Need a Foundation for Oily/Acne Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

Please Help! I have tried so many foundations and can't seem to get it right. Per everyone's suggestions I have tried Make Up Forever Mat Velvet and Tarte Amazonian Clay for my oily, acne prone skin and neither worked. The Mat Velvet left my whole face looking flaky and I had a ton of trouble getting it to blend. Tarte on the other hand had excellent coverage but I always looked super pink or like mud was on my face. I am now wearing MUFE HD Invisible Cover and although the color and coverage is great I get really oily and it starts wearing off around my nose after an hour or so. Should I maybe try a powder foundation?

marydiva

Re: Need a Foundation for Oily/Acne Prone Skin

(0) Hearts

Try Bare Minerals! They're HG for me. I have oily/combo skin and I need a powder foundation to mattify my skin. (Although I go with the original formula, not the matte so I look a little dewy, but I like it that way :smileyhappy:)

I recommend their READY foundation just because it's more convenient, but the original loose is great too! 

orkira

(0) Hearts

Hourglass Immaculate Liquid Powder Foundation & Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer.  They are wonderful for oily & acne prone skin.  I have combination oily & acne prone skin & use both they are HG status for me.

http://www.sephora.com/immaculate-liquid-powder-foundation-mattifying-oil-free-P301802?skuId=1341023...

http://www.sephora.com/veil-mineral-primer-spf-15-P210575?icid2=Hourglass_LP_BrandClassics_Carousel_...

reflectsgold

(0) Hearts

Lancome teint idole 24h

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I agree with you on the MUFE mat velvet. 

its realli great for people who have oily skin, but for people who have acne, it accentuates all the minor flaws because its so matte. 

Did you try using a good primer? 

I find that a primer and a good loose powder makes a world of difference. 

I love illuminating finishes even though I have combination oily skin. it also doesn't accentuate dry spots.. 

so I rather use a good primer like the hourglass mineral veil, and use the ysl teint touche eclat or guerlain lingerie de peau. 

fhgarman

(0) Hearts

I second the Hourglass Veil Mineral Primer. Really keeps any oily T-zone in check. Also Laura Mercier Oil-Free Foundation Primer is really excellent and and a bit less expensive than the Hourglass one. Have you tried Bare Minerals Matte powder foundation? It's a loose powder but it really is great and has really good coverage. If you can find the right color match, it could be great for you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • reflectsgold
    • marydiva
    • infinitise
    • orkira
    • fhgarman
    • Cheer14