Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

@trishavt  awesome! 🙂  I am still waiting for Sephora to get the shadow singles... ugh. What's taking so long 😄 😄 😄

Also Sephora added more products on their site including: lipsticks, lip liners, brushes, face powders, etc.

http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

New foundation - online March 7th

Screen Shot 2017-03-05 at 2.52.15 PM.png

New product coming soon

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 4.52.20 PM.png

NY store opening soon

Screen Shot 2017-03-04 at 4.53.31 PM.png

Natasha Denona cream liner (live in the US/coming soon for Canada)

http://www.sephora.com/work-set-cream-eyeliner-P417374?skuId=1910322

Cream eye liner - Feb 20th

Screen Shot 2017-02-18 at 8.01.34 AM.png

Love that brown color.

Something new coming

Screen Shot 2017-01-23 at 11.48.27 AM.png

Anonymous Insider

I just got the Star Palette this afternoon and I'll be wearing some of the shadows tmr.  Oh, swoon, do they ever swatch pretty.  I resisted as long as I could but I finally caved and ordered this palette.  This is my first time using a ND eye shadow and I have all my primers and glitter glue ready to go.  

I've always had good luck layering primers with UD primer potion first, MAC paint pot on top of that and then glitter glue on the lid, so I'm hoping this combination will do the trick and lock on the shadows since they seem to have acquired a reputation for being difficult.  I will post pictures tmr afternoon to show how well it wore!  

Anonymous Insider

I don't know, guys.  I'm conflicted on this one, so I'll break it down into pros and cons, at least based on my first impressions:

pros: the shadows did not fade or crease by the end of the day- though I think that had more to do with my primers than the shadows.  The mattes are very easy to blend and I was very pleased with the eyeshadow look.  It was as stunning after 10 hours of wear as it was at the first hour.  The metallic shades look freaking amazing- I can't wait to try Atria, Rhea and Bellatrix!  They are smooth and fine and look like they won't have fallout.

cons: those 'k' shadows are glitter bombs.  I used a glitter glue AND I put my eyeshadow on before my foundation and then cleaned up the fallout with a wipe and still, within an hour of wear my face was covered with glitter. This is NOT cool at all.  The glitter in the k shadows is large and chunky- not a lovely fine glitter at all.  And those are the shades that really sold me on this palette.  Galaxia is just what heaven is made of... until it ends up all over your face!  grrrr.... and spectrum and cosmo are so similar I really don't think there would be any noticeable difference on the eyes.  This is really weird to me.  What was ND thinking?

I will continue trying to make this palette work for me for a couple of weeks, trying different sticky bases and maybe attempting to brush off the excess glitter with a soft brush after application and I will report back.  The colors are gorgeous and I want to make it work, but if 4 of the 18 shadows in a 170 dollar palette don't work, that's unacceptable.

My morning pictures were awful so here's my eyeshadow after 10 hours.  (not that this picture is much better, sorry!)  I was impressed by how good looking it remained- as far as I could tell it looked exactly the same.

I used galaxia on the lid, diadem and vega in the crease and gemma in the outer v. 

upload_2862747368916048681.jpg

@Anonymous

I just had to chime in and say how lovely your complexion is with your beautiful curls.

Such a bummer about this palette. The colour scheme is my ideal and I could actually see myself using every shade (which is uncommon for me with pre-made palettes) but with that price tag and the conflicting reviews, I could never bring myself to paying $160 for a palette that half preforms. 

Don't feel guilty about returning it though. Its not your fault that it didn't work. And from what I've read, you tried many methods to get this palette to work for you properly.

If you want help finding dupes for any shade in particular, I'd love to help.

I've been wondering how MUFE's peacock would compare with the gorgeous green in this palette since it was released..20151214_163301.jpg20160329_163945.jpg

Anonymous Insider

thank you @EvangelineDamon!  I fought my pale skin and curls during my teenage years but I've embraced them as an adult.

I actually ended up liking that duochrome Orion better than I thought I would.  I thought it would be like MUG Insomnia which looks hideous on me because of the reddish undertones, but Orion was something different all together.  It and Atria were my favorite colors in the palette.

I'm not sure which shadows are which on your swatches, but I think Orion was pretty close to the color on the far right of both arms.  I actually really like the last three on the bottom arm!

I wish I could say this palette was worth the price tag.  😞  I actually really liked all the colors too- I think it's pretty much the most beautiful palette I've ever seen-, but I guess I discovered I have a low tolerance for glitter fallout.  There are some people who've made it work for them though, so I guess it depends on your application style.  Do you have a lot of experience with glitter?  

Oh- and those two pink/reddish matte shades were very sheer for me, and that I know wasn't user error!

@Anonymous

I'm glad you've embraced them cause they're super pretty and unique. You'll have to share your curly haired tips with me..

Orion was the one that I was thinking Peacock would be the dupe for.

I should've added the shade names in my swatches, ha ha, sorry about that.

Both pictures have peacock in them.

First picture, three swatches are all MUFE (M-540 Grey Beige, M-518 Nude & ME-302 Peacock)

Next set of swatches were all of my duochromes, as you can see, that particular shade is a slight obsession of mine. I can't recall the first swatches' order in that picture but I do know the last three shades in that picture..

(L'Oreal Infallible Gilded Envy, L'Oreal Golden Sage & MUFE ME-302 Peacock)

I'm honestly not a big fan of glitter either. The most I can handle is a satin or a shimmer, but glitter with fallout is the worst. (UD for me has the most glitter fallout of all my shadows.)

One thing I use, on top of my primer, is an eyeshadow stick. I notice that helps bind some of the particles to the lid. Its another step but it has helped make my Naked3 palette a bit more user friendly.(but once that's finished, I'm sticking to picking my own shadows.)

Pinks and reds (and purples) have a tendency to be a little tricky to formulate for some reason but it can be done. 

Its too bad the quality wasn't consistent because that is the most beautiful composition of a palette that I've ever seen. 

Also, ugh, Atria is so beautiful, too!

One similar shade is MUFE's Amber, ME-700.

I first thought NARS Himalia however its not as copper or metallic.

Image result for mufe me 700Image result for mufe me 700

Image result for mufe me 700

I'll still be looking for dupes, for the both of us and anybody else that might be interested. 

Anonymous Insider

one week update:  It's not looking good.  There are a few shades in the palette that are just BEYOND gorgeous (the metallics, mostly, and the duochrome orion) and the mattes are very nice- though I find those reddish shades to be lacking in pigmentation.  But those glittery shades are a pill.  I've tried every glitter glue I have and nothing keeps those chunks of glitter stuck on your eyelids!  forget about it! They fall all over your face, get on your glasses lenses, in your hair, on your clothes... everywhere!

I'm starting to lean towards returning this.  I hate to return things but dang!  A 169 dollar palette needs to perform better than this!  

I wanted to take the plunge and buy a ND palette and was on the fence on whether or not to purchase this one or spend the extra for one of the 28s. 

After reading a ton of reviews on BT and various blogs, I went with a 28 because most of the reviews of the Star palette were very similar to yours in that the glitter shades are hot messes and not worth the effort.

Anonymous Insider

@Melsti how are you liking the 28 pan palette?  Which one did you get?  That green/brown palette is calling my name...

I went with the purple/blue palette.  I figured my Sweet Peach / YSL palettes can hold me over on the nude shades til I can save up again and but the brown/green! 

I've used the palette once since buying it about 2 weeks ago and I loved it. The colors were really nice and blended really well (problem I've had in the past with shadows).  I didn't use a primer at all since I was in a hurry, but the color stayed for over 4 hours looking just like I had put it on. I'm really excited to try it out more! 

@Anonymous

Thank you so much for the honest, detailed review and updates!   I have been eyeing this one for a while, but I really don't need another palette.... Your insight is helping me resist (at least momentarily).  🙂

Anonymous Insider

I'm pretty sorry I got this one because I feel guilty returning things.  I guess I thought since I have a lot of experience with pigments and glitter glue that I would have an easier time with them?  (ha ha, now I'm laughing at my arrogance)

testing