Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

I am happy to report that these wore pretty well for me.

I applied them over my WnW eye primer (as I do all shadows) and while there was some fading throughout the day, it was pretty much in tact when I washed it off.

Overall I like the palette!

I have five of the five-pan shadows and the 28-pan brown/green, as well as the Star palette. I really love her shadows and find they work well for me - no muddiness when blending and easy application. Some are fine applied with a brush, some are better patted onto the eye, but I've also found that to be the case with some other brands, particularly with metallic shades. The only one I'm disappointed in is the Star palette. As others have noted, the pressed pigment shades are not easy to work with and deliver poor results with lots of fall out. But I've had an excellent experience with the old formula in all the palettes I have. (I sometimes use a primer and have normal eye lids - no oiliness or dryness and I live in a climate that can be very cold in winter but not too humid in summer, if that all helps!)

@vibrouge

Thanks!

I do know people's experiences with her shadows seems to really vary, though. Hope it works out for you, as there are some really pretty colours and stunning finishes.

Have you found formula differences between the 5 pan palettes and the large 28 eyeshadow palettes? I had heard there had been improvements to the shadow formula but can't remember what product(s) has the new formula. I expect her eyeshadows will improve over time and with feedback.

No, not really. I think the Star palette is supposed to have new formulations, particularly the mattes. 

@ChristalM Can you try and still return? Some people have better luck than others...

@LibellulesI can. I would prefer to return an unused product however 🙂

@Mochapj your swatches look amazing but I hear that is not the same as how they perform on the eye 😞

@ChristalM I totally understand.

Like mocha, I also had negative experiences. Lots of fading and muddying - that was over Urban Decay primer, Tom Ford Primer, and NARS primer.

I had additional problems with fallout and irritation - I believe I was alone with the irritation (and subsequent redness), but I think fallout is a common problem. At least with the shimmers.

@ChristalM from what I've seen so far today I would agree with your statement.  

I'm waiting to see how they look at the end of the day, and will also try with a few of my other primers, but so far I'm not wowed.

@Mochapj

Oh no!

I have the same palette as @Mochapj and I have to agree. I did a look with the two lighter colours and really don't know how I feel about it. They definitely didn't look the same way on the eye as they swatched.

They're not as long wearing as some of my other eyeshadows (with Nars primer) but I wouldn't say they are terrible. They did look muddy at the end of the day. I will say that I didn't feel like I was having a good makeup day so I think it's a bit about the color and the texture.

So, I'm very much an eyeshadow girl, but prefer palettes. On the flip side to that, I also don't like a weighted down makeup bag especially when I'm traveling in the summer.

Currently my palettes are Naked 1, 2, and 3, Too Faced Sweet Peach, Too Faced White Chocolate Chip, and YSL Nu, Tuxedo, and Paris. I barely touch my Naked 1-3 palettes, since the YSLs and Too Faced dominate most of my looks for every day and going out since I don't feel the UD palettes give me as good of a color payoff. I've been researching the Natasha Denona 28 pans. I kind of got sticker shock at the price like most, but once I saw the weight/breakdown and the fact that the palettes I own are more than those, it's not as bad - just a more upfront cost. 

Would investing in the ND 28s be worth it? I would probably sell off / trade off my UD Palettes once purchased since they're never used anyway. 

Just some quick thoughts and swatches on the Star palette. The swatches were done with a disposable foam applicator because I hate sticking my fingers into my shadows (in natural light). The 2 reds apply way better with a brush than how they appear on the swatch here. I find the mattes, duo chromes and the metallic shade Rhea apply well. The mattes did kick up a bit of dust compared to the duo chromes and Rhea. The other 2 metallic Bellatrix and Atria seem a bit softer and there is a bit of shadow kick back and fall out.

The big problem is with those new crystal shadows, the ones with a K beside it. It’s super chunky and when you go to pick up the color a lot moves from the pan... like chunks. It’s too soft. It almost seems like you need to apply them wet but they don't like being wet. I tried with MAC fix +, Lit’s glitter liquid and MAC mixing medium it doesn’t blend as well as I would like it, you can see chunks and streaks. I must admit I really need to play more and just did this quick. I tried different brushes including MUFE’s 224 silicone applicator, the foam applicator and my finger. While at times it seemed to work great with the MUFE applicator I found my finger was the best option. I don’t know where my glitter glue is so I can’t try with that.

So really you have 4 crystal shadows that are soft, fragile and fall out. It’s a shame. I think I’ll need to play more and go hunt some video on how to best apply these. Because of the price point and the 4 problematic shades I’d say if you are looking for fast and easy from all the shades you might not be happy with this. If you love to play, try new things, be artistic this might be up your alley!

Spoiler
Star palette top.jpgStar palette inside.jpgND Star palette left side swatches.jpgND Star palette right side swatches.jpg

@veronika23

Great swatches V! Thanks for sharing your thoughts and these photos with us. I'm disappointed to read they're not so user friendly but I can't help but still want this 🙂

They're really not user friendly :/. I tried a few looks, but ultimately ended up returning for similar issues I previously experienced. That and the crystal shades had ridiculous fallout, which says alot to me because I never ever experience fallout with anything (maybe I'm a freak :/).

Ugh! No, I cant deal with fallout especially at this price.

And you're not a freak. It says more about the quality that you're accustomed to @Libellules, and there is nothing wrong with having high expectations, especially if you've paid a lot for a palette. 🙂

@trishavt  @Libellules

Yeah here's another word I was looking for... user friendly. Oh my. LOL

I think if the palette was cheaper maybe some could over look the 4 hard to play with shades... I still want to find the best way to use them though.

and you aren't a freak @Libellules 😉 It's awesome you don't get fallout with other shadows but these crystal ones are just all over the place.

@veronika23 Thanks for sharing.  Dot on the chunky glitter shades?  There are some pretty ones in the mix.  Too bad they're so high maintenance.

@meganlisa  Thanks! That's the word I was looking for! High maintenance! Exactly.  Would be nice if she could come on BT and explain how to best apply her shadows... hint hint BT mods 😄

@veronika23 I guess that's my issue sometimes with certain brands.  I get that - if you're a MA - you have time to apply the higher maintenance stuff.  But for many of us, just getting out of the house is a juggling act (kids, work, life, BT).  And I do like this palette, so I'm not knocking it (most of it I could see myself using daily).  Just maybe those 4 more difficult shades...are an issue.

Why hasn't the brand done a Q&A on BT @KatieBT

2 Replies
testing