Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Anonymous Insider

Re: Natasha Denona

I'm pretty sorry I got this one because I feel guilty returning things.  I guess I thought since I have a lot of experience with pigments and glitter glue that I would have an easier time with them?  (ha ha, now I'm laughing at my arrogance)

@Anonymous Bummer - I'm sorry! I remember being really sad when this one didn't work out for me. Orion is quite gorgeous, and several of the others are pretty too. They just don't perform well :/.

It's not you - it's the palette! It's definitely the palette.

Anonymous Insider

I think my main emotion at the moment is just confusion.  Why would ND put out a palette like this with the claims she did (no primer, no fallout)?  I would think that she really needs to put out solid gold products for the price she sets, you know?  It's got to be pretty much full marks across the board to justify 170 dollars for a palette, yet I found that about half the shades did not perform as well as a Makeup Geek or a ABH shadow.  So I'm very sorry to lose about three or four of the shadows, but this is going back.

I'd definitely try another ND palette, but I will NEVER buy a palette with more of those awful chroma crystal shadows (or whatever she calls them)- and that's from someone who is pretty comfortable using loose pigments and glitter glue. 

So thank you, @Libellules, for letting me know it wasn't just me!

Not sure where I saw it, but Natasha was saying that you need to use a glitter glue or primer with the chroma crystal shadows, as they're essentially pressed glitter pigments. It was either on her instagram page or youtube. Only saying this because I remember ordering a glitter glue around the same time I ordered this palette. She was saying that you will get fallout with them. If you check out A Glittery Life on youtube, she talks a lot about this palette and how to use it. I myself have had it since its come out, and honestly, with a glitter glue, the fallout is minimal. I love this palette and use it all the time (I'm a lunatic and have all of her shadows). 

Anonymous Insider

may I ask what glitter glue you use?

I've used Too Faced glitter glue, Fyrinnae pixie epoxy and even tried my Inglot duraline and haven't had a lot of luck.  It really bothers me to get flecks of glitter on my glasses and on my cheeks- I'm like, yo, I'm too old for my entire face to be covered in glitter, lol.  

I read a review where someone said Lit Cosmetics glitter glue worked well for those shadows but I got to thinking about it and it's hard to justify buying an extra glitter glue to make a 169 dollar palette work for me, you know? 

there are a few of those shadows that I'm having a very hard time parting with though... do you know if she is planning on releasing these as singles?  

I do my matte shadows, and then use the Too Faced glitter glue. Just pat it on, and then I pat the chroma crystals (whatever the heck she's calling them!!) on my lid. I'm also too old for glitter face (38!). Haven't had a problem like this. 

I can totally understand not wanting glitter in your glasses!

Have you tried just doing  your eyes first? 

No idea if she's releasing them as singles, although as everything else is a single, dunno why she wouldn't!

Anonymous Insider

@kiwi79 hmm, strange.  That's pretty much the method I use too.  I'm messy so I always put on my eyeshadow first before my foundation, but maybe I'm being too picky?  There were perhaps a dozen pieces of glitter on my face, which to me is about 11 more than I'm willing to put up with, lol. I'm not anti-glitter exactly, but I guess I have strong opinions about them migrating.

I've sent it back, but I'm delighted you made it work for you!  It's such a beautiful palette I could almost justify keeping it just to open it up and admire it every now and then.  😄

@kiwi79 I use the same method for applying her shadows and have had no issues and absolutely adore them. I put on the matte shadows first and then apply the Too Faced glitter where I want my shimmer. That has worked for me with no fallout issues

@ChristalM @AshleyYVR @Ikon @lachaton @TraceyEB

here are my results with the 02 shade 5 palette from yesterday. I used it over Nars Pro Prime, and used all the shades except the first bronzeish one on the left of the palette.

Spoiler
IMG_6459.JPG
First applied, AM - middle shade all over lid, pinkish gold inner corner, burgundy outer corner, taupe mid lid and lower lash line

IMG_6494.JPG
8 hours later. Quite faded and muddied.

IMG_6516.JPG
End of the day 14ish hours after application. Pro Prime held the shadows on my lid without creasing (I have oily lids so this is generally my biggest concern) but in general I started to notice fading and muddiness just shy of an hour after I first applied the shadows.

Overall, it's kind of hard to say what the issue is, because the color palette I have is by its nature muted, but by the end of the day (and even an hour after applying) the shadows definitely did not have the same vibrancy they did when I put them on.

I'm going to try again with a few other primers, but at the moment I'm not rushing out to buy any other ND products.

I'm late to this post but wanted to say how much I like your haircut. It's very flattering on you.

Ooh! Really cute haircut!

I just came to this post because I saw your fabulous cut! Looks great @Mochapj 

Thanks for the pictures and summary. I'm surprised the vibrancy faded so quickly. Your pic at 8 hours is what I might expect from a shadow; at 14 hours the shades have thrown in the towel.

To me, ND seems like a brand in its infancy that should as it matures. Will be interested to see if further experimentation brings about better results, @Mochapj.  In the meantime, with that chic haircut of yours, you could rock the "ND wrist swatch" without a doubt!!

@Mochapj gorgeous! And your hair looks super chic. I love it! 

Yep! This matches what I found as well. Still on the lid, just a muddy faded mess. Glad I wasn't alone in this 🙂

@Mochapj

Thanks for the feedback!

Swatches of the 02 5 palette I got in my lucky bag.

IMG_6417.JPG

Still testing out the product on my eyes so I will reserve my judgement until then...

@Mochapj I'm interested to hear what you think after a day of wear. I got this palette in my Lucky Bag as well, and while I really like the colours in the pan, and I think it swatches beautifully, that didn't translate to actually wearing it all day. 

If you found they worked well for you, can you let me know what (if any) primer you used, and what you used to apply them? I primarily used a flat natural hair brush, so maybe synthetic, or even my fingers would work better.

I have #5 eye palette coming today and I ordered it rather spontaneously. After reading reviews, I hesitate to even try it. They sound like a muddy mess on the idea while the swatches look fantastic. Thoughts? Maybe I should bring it back unopened. It is over $60 CAN.

So I decided to at least try them. They went on better than I expected this morning so we will see how they wear throughout the day.

@Mochapj what were your thoughts at the end of the day?

Best of luck to you @ChristalM! I think that you'll be glad you tried them, because at least your curiosity will be satisfied 😄

I think that's the frustrating part about the shadows for me - they swatched nicely, they even applied really nicely (I'd tried with brushes, and fingers). It's just what happened on the lid after a while lol.

1 Reply
testing