Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

@Libellules They lasted throughout the entire day until I washed it off! 12 hours later! Even the glitter explosion stayed on my lid and not on my cheeks, lol! 

@sabrinas That's good to hear! I'm having a hard time telling if they are muddying or if the lighting when I go to the bathroom is just really bad :/.

I definitely had fallout when applying but no additional during wear. Glad this is a win for you 🙂

@sabrinas thank you for those swatches.  Your makeup looks gorgeous and I think this palette is beautiful.  I probably would not use the glitter shades unless it's during a holiday party or something.  I'm more interested in the matte shades and the shimmers.  

Thanks for the details on what you are wearing.  That is very helpful.

Very very pretty @sabrinas. But then again I haven't seen anything bad from you liked ever 😉 Are you happy with the palette so far? The swatches are so pretty 

@blackkitty2014 Thank you! I was trying to take a shot showing all the colors I used, since when my eye was open you couldn't see the glitter in the photo at all! 

I am happy now.  I was kinda annoyed at first with the chunky glitter shades, but realized that it's probably hard to get those types of shadows to work WITHOUT being chunky! I'm happy that it's been staying on my eyelid though, as I thought it would have fallen out by now! I didn't even use a special primer, I only dabbed it over top of another eyeshadow.

I think I'm going to end up keeping it since I feel better now.  The mattes are SO easy to blend and apply!

@sabrinas Do you have Viseart and how would you compare to the mattes from those palettes to this one?

I dont have Viseart anymore but I did used to own a couple palettes (the dark matte one and bijoux royal). I actually didn't really like Viseart mattes, I thought they were really powdery and a bit chalky.  The ND ones are MUCH better than those (at least in my opinion).  They feel almost creamy in a way, and they apply flawlessly and blend well without disappearing off your skin @jesscheems

Thanks @sabrinas!! I just got my first viseart and have to try it out. Sounds like the ND palettes are amazing!! Thanks again 🙂

@jesscheems I just bought the small Minx Viseart and love it, so I had the same questions as you about this ND palette.  Which Viseart palette did you get?

@AMK721 I finally got the Neutral Mattes. I have to try it out yet! I have been so excited as I've been holding off on purchasing Viseart and finally caved!! I was curious about those Theory palettes too!

They look really beautiful on your eyes @sabrinas. How was the staying power? That teal shift shade is goregous swatched. 

Thanks @mrsbaine 🙂 I applied this morning at around 8am EST and it is now 12:30pm EST.  Still looking fresh and pretty! I can chime in around 5pm as well and let everyone know if the glitter has fallen out even more from my eye lid (it hasn't fallen out since initial application).

Hey guys, very quick first impression of the palette since im lazy and tired and the swatches suck since its dark out. Taken in bathroom lighting.

IMG_9682.JPG

IMG_9683.JPG

IMG_9685.JPG

Ok so quickly, i love the left side, no issues there! Now the right side... the reds kinda suck and the two glitter bomb shades on this side omg they are chunkasaurus rex. And like... a TON of product came out from a light swipe with my finger. Mind you they would all perform better had I used a primer.  Swatches are one finger swipe over clean, bare skin. Ill have to play around with eye looks to see if I can make this palette work. 

I really do like the left side colors! Thanks for the swatches

Hey doll! Ok, I got mine today too and the glitter shades were broke and all over the palette. They are very loose glitter. I am going out to a party tomorrow night and we will see if it works!

so far it looks so pretty, but the chunky glitters getting all over is a mess. 

@luvgloss13 Yes they really are a mess! They literally applied in chunks on my arm, I've never had an eyeshadow do that. Also im sorry yours arrived broken!! Im surprised mine wasnt, but I did have a few loose glitter flakes in there lol.

aww! LOL. I know, I have a LOT of glitter and this is major chunks! I may need to spend and extra hour on my eyes tomorrow ! Haha

I also got the KVD metal palette! And it arrives perfect and the metallics are so nice!

I'm struggling with whether or not I should get this Star palette. Basically I have a 5 pan palette that i love and I've been obsessed with the look of her larger palettes. But realistically I knew I could never spend that much money on eyeshadow- especially with so many I would have no use for. It's tough for me to wear color to work so those big ones aren't worth it. 

This Star palette though is BEAUTIFUL and while it's still expensive it's way more affordable especially with the rouge discount. Though I am concerned with the fall out issues.... Basically if it's still in stock for the sale (I have a feeling it won't last long) it's going to be really hard for me to resist. 

@starrysilver what kind of eye shadows do you like? I only swatched a few shades of the palette so far - my replacement should be here tomorrow. The mattes look really promising as do the metallic/duochrome shades. The 2 that arrived shattered are more like a Tom Ford celestial. They look and feel like they will be difficult to work with, and I think just need to be used like a celestial - applied with a finger.

ALSO, I think that if you're going to go for a larger palette, especially with the upcoming sale, this one would be much friendlier on the wallet to try (and the mattes have been reformulated for the better, it seems). Kbmathews hasn't fully tried hers, but she mentioned similar issues that I had with the 2 really large palettes.

@Libellules I wear mattes, shimmers, metallics all the time to work as long as they're not bold colors. So this is the perfect color palette for me. 

I have never used tom ford shadows. Are those particular ones hard to use without a glitter glue?  I always use a primer but nothing specifically for glitter which is what I have heard suggested for some of these shades. I have no problem using one but that does change the way I will use the palette if I need special prep for certain shades. 

@starrysilver The Tom Ford celestials aren't hard to use or have issues staying, so long as one doesn't expect pigmentation. Basically, I use them last and tap them over the other shadows - I have no issue with longevity or anything like that. Its a really pretty effect, but I think as long as someone expects that from the two shadows that arrived shattered, it should be fine. My replacement arrives today, so am hoping to have more accurate thoughts by tomorrow!

3 Replies
testing