Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

Gonna skip for sure! 

@Libellules Ouch. That really is unacceptable. Sorry that happened to you. 

@Libellules Noooo ugh I'm so sorry 😞 How awful! I actually had a feeling that those specific mega-glitter shadows would get damaged in transport... I'm nervous.  I hope mine arrives looking good and healthy tomorrow.

Other than the mess, have you swatched them? How do they seem? Are you happy?

@sabrinas forgot to mention that Galaxia (the shattered one in the 2nd picture) doesn't seem to be accurately captured anywhere. It's actually a really pretty silvery white pearl with pink, blue, and purple iridescence. Again, since it is more like a celestial, it isn't super pigmented iridescence, but I think you could paint twinkling stars on a "canvas" with it.

@Libellules thank you! That sounds super pretty, and I had a feeling it would be like that after seeing it's texture and swatches everywhere.  I get home late tonight which sucks, but for sure when I get through the door I'm gonna tear that baby open and poke around a bit 😛

@sabrinas hopefully your's will arrive in one piece!

I did swatch a few after speaking to CS. It's honestly a pretty palette based on swatches. Will see how these wear. I do have concerns about the replacement arriving in a similar state, these remind me of Tom Ford celestials in payoff - more about breathing life into shadows rather than pigmentation. But they are just a soft consistency.

@keelybt any news???? Still not out for Canada 😞

Did this go live for Canada yet? I wasn't able to check during the day, and it says OOS now.

@kbmatthews I don't think so. I've been checking all day and always OOS.

@keelybt Any updates for Canada? Thx!

Hmm. Okay, thanks @veronika23. Hopefully soon then!

@kbmatthews yeah I hope so. I am very tired of launches not being on time in Canada. ugh

How are you liking the big palette. You bought the green/brown one right?

@veronika23 Agreed. It's very frustrating being told one date but it not launching Canadian-side. At least they should be upfront about the actual Canadian date if it's planned to be different.

So far it's good, though I do have a few issues. Still playing with it to see if it's just technique since I'm not as accustomed to pressed pigments, or the product itself. I wouldn't say it's the best palette I've ever own (yet, at least), but it's quite nice. 

Biggest gripes so far with it though: Not enough transition, base and dark shadows to make this a cohesive palette on it's own. The metallics also don't apply nearly as nicely as they swatch, and they fall out throughout the day, even with primer and setting spray. Again, could be application, but... we'll see. 

@kbmatthews yes they should be upfront about it. I still don't understand after having the warehouse opened now for over a year how they can't coordinate launches. Seriously get organized.

Thanks for your thoughts on it. I wonder if there is a specific way to apply her shades. I must say I never went and investigated it... but think I should. Thx for the update 🙂

I have the large green brown palette and several of the five pans and I really like them. The pressed pigment shades have to applied with a light touch and not packed on - you will get fallout if you do that. I don't know if this new palette applies the same way. I've used a brush dampened with Fix+ or water, and my fingers to apply and really haven't had fallout issues. 

@vibrouge I've been using a light touch for the most part. The problem with using a light touch though is that the metallics don't pick up as easily like that. The mattes and shimmers are fine, but the metallics need to be piled on to get that dramatic look... and that creates fallout. I've tried it damp, and that helps with pigmentation a bit, but still... fallout galore, and it's not right away... it's throughout the day. I don't have this problem with other shadows (and I own a lot 😉 haha). I've only been playing around for a few days so we'll see. 

@kbmattews thanks for sharing that. I am getting mine Monday from Beautylish so I am keen to see how these compare to the old formula. Quite a few people who have this one have mentioned fallout. Keen to see if you (and others) find a good application method to minimize this.

Yeah. It might just be isolated to this palette as well. I'm hoping the other palette is better. We'll see! Compare notes 😛 haha.

@kbmatthewsI got my palette today from Beautylish and agree with your assessment on the glitter/pressed pigment shades. Oddly, the cool toned shades chunkier and grittier than the similar ones in the original palettes. The warm toned glitters seemed to swipe much more smoothly. I found I had the best luck on the back of my hand with the cool tones swiping with a finger and then pressing it into the skin. Even then, it was noticeably crumbly. Haven't tried it on eyes yet but plan to tonight. 

@vibrouge Mine is coming today as well and I'm going to spend my evening putting it through the wringer O.O

I'm always surprised when a new formula comes complete with heavy fall out issues ... hope most of these don't have that problem!

Screen Shot 2016-10-28 at 2.40.29 PM.pngScreen Shot 2016-10-28 at 2.40.50 PM.png

7 Replies
testing