Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

HUH. That's interesting @veronika23

I'm actually wondering now if these will perform differently. She says the mattes are a new formula, but I think they all might be as these are all paraben and talc free and I don't believe her previous palette/shadows are (they definitely weren't talc free. She got ALOT of flack about that and had to make a statement about how it has to be listed first if it is in the product at all but the amount was so small).

@Libellules it be interesting to know... does that mean she reformulated her other shadows or will they be reformulated??? Interesting indeed. 🙂

@veronika23 I'm not sure! BUT. I still haven't used my F&F code (have been hemming and hawing a couple of things, including this).

I love stars, and tomorrow is my birthday, so...I may just try it :x.

@Libellules  HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! 😃

Screen Shot 2016-10-26 at 5.14.13 PM.png

The shadows are beautiful!

I think you need to be a bit of a MUA and and have patience and develop a skill in using them. I know it is frustrating. This palette and her larger palettes are stunning , if you don't expect to just swipe and get some color.  These are not washes of color, they are complex formulas and need some work. In some cases quite a bit of work. 

You need to do your crease , lash line and shape first  then pop your lid color on and layer. All pressing, no real blending. 

I think they are pricey and in some cases not worth it if you don't wish to sit and take a while to do your eyes. But the looks can be stunning!!! 🙂

Can somebody please talk me out of this? I have so much shadow, but this just looks so lovely to me! And I am even more tempted because I could use the beautylish flexible payments thing!

I bought one, and I'm currently testing it out. They swatch beautifully, but we'll see how they actually wear. I'm hoping to post a little review on the weekend, so hopefully that'll help!

@kbmatthews, looking forward to your thoughts and hope some looks! 🙂

That would be wonderful if you could post your opinions once you try it out! Thank you! 

Can't wait to hear!  When ND gets a shade right it's usually lovely.  So curious!

@PrettyPaint The shadows are mixed in quality.  Some really are very, very lovely.  But they're also crazy expensive and most are dupable.  My issue with ND is the high price point and cheap packaging.  If I buy a luxury good I want to feel like I got exactly that.  

The other issue I have with this brand is the wear time.  Most apply beautifully but they just don't last.

So, I like these shadows, and I love the look of this palette.  But I personally will be passing.

Hope that helps!

Why do you think her packages are cheap? Just curious. I find both the large palette and small good quality. The small ones are like the Viseart packages... sure, they're not the prettiest, but they're suuuper functional and sturdy. And the large one is really pretty, in my opinion. Simple but pretty. Now... we'll see how they actually perform haha.

@kbmatthews Even I'm now starting to want this palette!  So, I can't wait to hear back more from you on how the shades wear.

I was disappointed with the line when I swatched it at a makeup show.  I also had one small palette that I liked but which didn't wear well.  I found the whole launch very annoying, with a flood of reviewers given free palettes and all saying that they are "the best shadows ever".  And some are gorgeous.  But for the price point they didn't wear well on me.  And the small palettes have space for a brush but no brush...which I don't like.

Viseart was originally marketed to makeup pros.  ND flooded the US market using bloggers to target the general market.  I would have liked to see nicer packaging at that price point.  But I would have been okay with the packaging had the shadows performed better on me.  I probably return one or at most two used products a year and my ND was one.

But if the new formula is more consistent...well...I'd try it and get over the packaging.  But if not, I'm not sure I'm willing to pay the premium when I can get something better from other brands.  Can't wait to hear how these wear!

That is very helpful @meganlisa

I agree that the packaging (at least on the 5 pan palettes I have) isn't very luxe. From my experience, I found that I like some of her shadows better as swatches than on the eye (due to wear time as you mentioned). Thanks! 🙂

@PrettyPaint Hope it helped!  Some of her shadows are stunning.  It's just the mix of high price point, ugly packaging, mixed wear time/quality that get me.

Shame, because some really are unusual and beautiful.

Well this helps me @meganlisa. I really need a swift kick to the pants lol.

@Libellules go find that photo (somewhere on this thread, if I remember correctly) of that lovely patchy eye look you did with your last ND palette.  That photo is painful (the shadow, not you).

I don't know but is it just me, but do these shades look like the ABH Mario and Modern Renaissance palettes, but with a slightly different twist.  Those two will cost just over half and will have more variety in texture and shadows.  Quality wise it's a toss up (with me personally preferring the ABH though ND does have some truly stunning shades...they just aren't consistent).

See, I really dislike ABH shadows. I bought two (Artist, and the one before that), and really disliked how much work it took to blend, plus some weren't pigmented, and others were a different shade than in the pan. 

@meganlisa I'm so glad that you said that they look like ABH Mario and Modern Renaissance. I have both of those palettes and love them, and it would be hard to beat them imo. Ok - I think you convinced me to be strong and resist!

I mean this is a pretty palette. Her previous palettes gave me a bad irritation and even I'm struggling to talk myself out of this :/.

1 Reply
testing