Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

THE NATASHA DENONA THREAD

~ Updated Sept 8th 2019 ~

A place to discuss news and products from Natasha Denona. Share the LOVE! 🖤🖤🖤

Brand page: http://www.sephora.com/natasha-denona

WHAT'S NEW

The Metropolis palette for the holidays (Sept 10th online / Sept 17th stores)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/metropolis-palette-P449064

Glow Gold Highlight Duo (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/glow-gold-highlight-duo-P450058

Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette (Sept 17th)

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/mini-gold-eyeshadow-palette-P450057

I Need A Nude Lipstick

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/i-need-nude-lipstick-P448848

Coral palette

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/coral-eyeshadow-palette-P448706

Chroma Crystal Liquid Eyeshadow Mini Set

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/chroma-crystal-liquid-eyeshadow-mini-set-P448154

Glow Gold Highlight Duo & Mini Gold Eyeshadow palette - Sept 17th

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.00 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.27.18 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.31 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-03 at 6.30.44 PM.png

Metropolis palette for the holidays - 28 mini pans - Sept 10th online

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.44 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.51 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.12.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.02 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-09-06 at 10.13.10 PM.png

Spoiler

NEWS (old)

More duochromes shadow coming

More cooler toned shadow coming

Plans for pen form/felt tip liquid liners

Will consider making single shadows from the Star or Sunset palette if more requests

New shadows in 2018

Other innovations in 2018

When asked about blues and greens:

Mermaid colors are definitely going to be one of the trends in 2018. It won't be a five palette, but a new product.

Spoiler

Re: Natasha Denona

Ok so. I'm going to do a wear test today. Ignoring a) this is probably too bold for my day to day life (this was with a light hand, and my second attempt) b) my atrocious blending -  I'm not used to mattes or bold. It looks normal when my eyes are open lmao. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Used:

Urban Decay Primer

ND Nina's Orchid

ND gold duochrome (forgot name)

Possibly worth mentioning is that in order to trial these, I've been wearing the Natasha Denona shadows exclusively since Friday, and I have an irritated patch of skin on my left outer corner. This isn't normal for me. 

Ick!  I just ordered 12 (as below) but only wore it once...so I'm fascinated by this thread (horrified?).

These aren't looking so great...mine look better.  I'll be curious to hear if it's just a really spotty and inconsistent line.

Update 5 hours in - lighting is different, but the purple has appeared to have faded into more of a red, and traveled, as well.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

Sorry, I know I'm scrutinizing these pretty harshly, butat this price point, it is kind of necessary :x.

Not acceptable for any eyeshadow to do and especially one that prices itself at high end. I was watching a youtube video on these and was surprised how badly the mattes swatched. They looked so thin. These seem like instagram shadows. They swatch nice but have bad wear, kind of like the matte liquid lipsticks. They photograph beautifully but can kill the lips. 

Hah, that's interesting - I hadn't thought of that!

Appreciate the pics and info.

You're welcome! I don't know what I'll be keeping these long enough to try them with glitter glue :x. I've requested a return label, but a very big part of me wants these to work!

that definitely makes the price point super shameful...

Absolutely. Also, to me...they just don't have a really pleasant texture. But I'm spoiled by MUFE, Tom Ford, & Marc Jacobs...

I'm glad it's not just me ! I never have problems with eye shadows, even the hourglass palettes work but these crease and transfer on me. It's a shame because I love the colors. My typical work day is > 10 hrs but I have no prob with too faced, UD, makeup for ever, etc 

Phew - I'm glad it isn't just me either 😛

I think the price warrants the scrutiny - there are too many options out there and many indie brands have a reputation for doing metallics well and for a lot less money

I've been wearing number 12. I'll add a photo I posted elsewhere below.  I'm doing okay on the wear time but will start paying closer attention.

They reminded me of the TF wet/dry formula but the shades in 12 aren't especially unique.  They are very pretty however.  I'm really curious to hear what others continue to add to this thread.

natasha.jpg

I got the green brown eyeshadows and I don't use primer. I worked out today  at the gym  and  sweated  and nothing budged  so far the eyeshadows been on for 5 hours so far its staying and that's after working out.

I think they are very pigmented and beautiful colors in person..

I like to paint so I  "collect" eyeshadows. This is so beautiful. It is not like you can mix colors easily on eye shadows as you would real  paint hehe.You can,  but  It would take some time to layer other eyeshadows to get some of these colors.So to me it's worth it the splurge for those reasons.

Natasha Denona is a world renowned Israeli Make up artist. She is most known for her glowing skin products. I personally own the large 28 pan purple /blue palette. I only got the palette last week-- they swatch well ( super pigmented). I use UD Anti- Aging Primer Potion and have no issues with these shadows staying on, during the 4 times that I have used them. 

Being well known (and honestly, I'd never heard of her before these palettes started popping up) doesn't mean she would be immune from sticking her name on a subpar product.

The single eye shadow worked well with the Urban Decay primer, but it was a shorter day. Today, I'm trying out 3 eye shadows with the UD primer and hoping for better results than with the other primer.

Has anyone tried actually wearing these? They swatch incredibly, but they don't actually seem to have much staying power when worn.

Anonymous Insider

I'm so glad to hear (read) you say that. I've been lusting for these palettes for too long against all reason.

Yes! So far, I've tried (wearing primer each time)

a) wearing 2 colors, 1 completely faded by end of day.

b) Wearing the color that faded the previous day over a different primer and it lasted beautifully

c) wearing 3 colors with 1st primer, and the 2 outer colors SOMEHOW muddied, and the center color was completely gone.

Last combination I'm going to try is 2-3 colors + primer from Day 2 and see what happens. I read someone else on Facebook said they used glitter glue (by Benefit I think?) and they last no problem.

So far no reactions to the talc, but you're making me nervous!

Thanks for your experience with them. It always helps to know how they work on different people. I have debated getting one once Beautylish carries them but for $48 USD and the CAD being so poor the eyeshadow had better really rock for me to buy it.

Virgo, I'm glad that this is helping someone! I'm really hoping for better results today with the Urban Decay primer. The colors are beautiful and range extensive, but this is alot more effort than I normally put into eye shadow. 

There are definitely a few standout colors that if I were to return the palettes I'd want in individual size, but they're $29/pop as well (+ shipping, beautylish doesn't carry them). So pretty quickly you start approaching palette prices!

testing