Kyndra

Naked Palettes: Are they really worth the hype?

I've been debating on getting the Naked, Naked 2 and Naked Basic palettes for forever now and I'm still not sold on them but I did see what the Naked 3 one looks like and I might want to get that one but I'm still not sure because I've been told the Lorac ones are better. I'm in the market for a more natural and neutral palette because I don't get too crazy with eyeshadow colors anymore. Can someone give me an idea of which palette is better or other suggestions on other brand's palettes?

DTalksAll

Re: Naked Palettes: Are they really worth the hype?

[ Edited ]

*Gasp* We-are-not-friends-anymore!

I love my naked palettes, the only one I don't use the basics, I'm not a big matte fan. I did recently depot all my naked palettes into a z-palette, so maybe I'll use them more? 

But Naked 2 gets the most use. 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

I love all of my naked palettes (I own them all) loads, but I almost never touch them anymore. Only because I only ever used a couple shades, which i know own individually in a custom quad.

calamityjane85

(0) Hearts

i would avoid naked basic just because they are a b* to blend. I also have naked, and don't use it that much because I found I really like the more rose colored palettes..... which means i will def be buying naked 3. Lorac is not as great as others I have purchased, again some of the colors are hard to blend.

makeupmaven

(0) Hearts

I use the Naked 1 palette all of the time. For the most part I like a more natural look so this suits my needs well. You can also create smokey/ smoldering looks with this palette. I also like pairing the natural shades with vibrant liners (purples, etc). So for me this really works, great for travel, great for simplifying your routine. However, with your skintone it's possible that some of the shades (Naked for example) may not show up well, unless you are looking for a natural, flesh tone. I think this palette is worth it, however (easier to deal with than lots of individual shades, especially if you are in a hurry).

janinebt

I feel like the Naked palettes are certainly a staple that should be in every makeup lover's collection. Do you need all 4? Probably not. I just have the first one and find it to be extremely useful for creating a lot of different looks.

Whimsically yours,
Janine
CaitlinBrunson

I have the Naked 2 and Basics Palette! LOVE! I use the darker colors to set my liner or sometimes I just use it as liner. If you want an all around palette (with cheeks, bronzer, etc.), I would get the Lorac Pro to GO. That stuff is amazing! 

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

I have naked basics and naked 2 as well! :smileyhappy: are you gonna get naked 3 or do you think you don't need it. I am on the fence.

IttyxBittyxMe

I had the NAKED 1 palette and hardly touched it. The LORAC Pro Palette is a much better buy. 8 mattes and 8 shimmers opposed to the two mattes in the NAKED palettes. I will be getting NAKED 3 though as I love golds and pinks, so it works for me. Now if UD came out with a palette of purples, golds, and black I'd be all over that in a heartbeat. 

marydiva

(0) Hearts

Wait for Naked #3! I have Naked2 and I use it almost everyday, but I almost never use the darker colors. Naked3 is beautiful! 

I recently gave away my Lorac palette. Lorac is too chalky for me. The UD shades (Esp from the Naked Palettes) tend to be very buttery and bendable. I bought a Lorac in June and tried time and time again to make it work - I just ended up passing it onto my little sister. 

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

Try the Naked Basics palette for more matte and neutral colors. I think Naked 1 or 2 is nice as an add on top of the naked basics palette. It has a ton of glittery colors and if you want more mattes then it may not be for you. I 

lecia1167

(0) Hearts

I have the Naked 1 palette, and I do really love it.

stephyd216

(0) Hearts

I've felt the same way about the last two Naked palettes, but #3 might be the one I give in on! I feel like I would get use out of more colors from #3 vs the first two.

SugaredMagnolia

(0) Hearts

I haven't bought the Naked palettes myself because the original and #2 have some dark colors (blue and black) that I won't use much. 

Naked 3 has a few dark colors, but nothing as dramatic as the first two. I plan on buying Naked 3.

I think Lorac Unzipped is a really nice palette and it seems to have positive reviews. I haven't looked at it myself.

You'll get lots of people weighing in on this...

snowshoe

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I don't think they're worth the hype.  UD shadows are excellent quality, and I don't mind spending the extra to custom-build a palette with my favorites.  But the Nakeds are far too glittery and frosty for my taste with way too much fallout even with careful application; they are not very naked at all.  I've owned 1 and 2 and only used a couple of shades from each.  And the risque shadow/promotion names don't up the sophistication level--it just makes UD seem like they're trying too hard.

That being said, I may get 3 down the road because I like the color families they've used.  But this product isn't a "must have"...more like a "maybe later."

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 15 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • spoiledbrat
    • marydiva
    • stephyd216