Kiki1517

NARS Ita Brush #21

[ Edited ]

So the other day I watched Jaclyn Hill's updated contouring video, first of hers I've ever watched and wondered why I haven't subscribed before! Anyway, she uses the NARS #21 brush, wondering if anyone has used it or knows of an alternative square kabuki brush, the reviews I've been reading says this one is scratchy. But she makes contouring look so easy!

maxresdefault.jpgNARS-39.jpg

This one looks similar but I've never used their products before:

everyday-minerals-itahake-brush.jpg

poshified

Re: NARS Ita Brush #21

If I remember correctly, she uses TheBalm's Loumanizer religiously. That stuff will seriously give you the JLo glow! haha

carolang

(0) Hearts

Lauren Curtis uses this brush too... I remember she was describing it in one of her videos, probably on contouring... sure is expensive, though! Sephora seems to have... well I won't call it a dupe, but similar style brushes (that are actually most similar to the illamasqua contour/square strip brush). Sorry I don't have any name specs. Its late heh

poshified

[ Edited ]

Between reading it was scratchy and shedding like crazy, I decided to go for its cheaper alternative, Itahake. Now that I think about it, it might have been a spin-off of the Ita!

swfupload_7437467657475851538.jpg

I tried the Jaclyn Hill method to contour my forehead and I can't get it down the way she did with the brush. I guess I wasn't used to the shape, but I'll be practicing :smileyhappy:

latinadiva

This looks really good!! Do you have to order Everyday Minerals online??

poshified

(0) Hearts

I haven't seen the line sold anywhere else. Besides, they're always giving out extra freebies, so it's probably best to order from their site :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I think so, I haven't seen it anywhere before. I did get some samples from them last week, but I haven't used them yet. They have pretty good reviews though. I think I am going to try the bronzer and get one of those cute brush rolls.

Kiki1517

I love how she explained the heart shape because that makes it so much easier to remember. I was already using bronzer on my forehead the way she showed, I just don't dramatically contour because I'm afraid of it being to harsh. I will try once I have this brush though!

Kiki1517

If you like this one I'm sold :smileywink: Just from the photos it looks so much softer. My skin is so sensitive, no way am I taking a scratchy brush to it! I thought the same thing when I saw the name lol.

poshified

(0) Hearts

It's definitely soft; it reminds me of something Real Techniques would have put out :smileyhappy: PS, did you check out Retailmenot for the latest coupon code on Everyday Minerals?! LOL

Kiki1517

Oh ok, now maybe to buy some other brushes since it is FREE! lol

poshified

(0) Hearts

I saw EM has a Yachiyo brush too! I wonder how it compares to NARS :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Oh I WISH Real Techniques had one of these, my favorites! I will check out Retailmenot lol. I always do before I make any online purchase :smileyvery-happy:

poshified

(0) Hearts

Btw, did you try the Real Techniques' Limited Edition brush set? I found the bristles on the medium sized one to be really scratchy. That's the only disappointment I have with their line so far.

annonymous1

(0) Hearts

Her face looks great the whole contouring and everything looks perfect

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll
    • sephoralovex