Kiki1517

NARS Ita Brush #21

[ Edited ]

So the other day I watched Jaclyn Hill's updated contouring video, first of hers I've ever watched and wondered why I haven't subscribed before! Anyway, she uses the NARS #21 brush, wondering if anyone has used it or knows of an alternative square kabuki brush, the reviews I've been reading says this one is scratchy. But she makes contouring look so easy!

maxresdefault.jpgNARS-39.jpg

This one looks similar but I've never used their products before:

everyday-minerals-itahake-brush.jpg

Panda168

Re: NARS Ita Brush #21

(0) Hearts

I just bought the nars one but I haven't gotten a chance to use it. My friend said it's a game changer so might be worth it to get on that wait list. Wayne goss also has a review on the nars brush on youtube. He thinks it's just ok. I assume it'll be personal preference so depending on how much use you think you'll get it might be worth it.

Trish3

(0) Hearts

It's back in stock on the Nars website!

RaMila

(0) Hearts

i have its useless :smileysad: sorry to tell u ..... i use alot of everyday minerals brushes they are amazinggggg .... all face brushes (double ended.... eye kabuki..... big face kabuki.... small round face brush .... small flat top brush.... bg dome brush n many more .... really good quality dont shed wash well dry well cant say enough good things but not this one i gave it away .... and all thier eye brushes are useless ...(i use to be a makeup artist so u can imagine how many brushes i own n from different companies )

arlinda78597

(0) Hearts

you can call 310 623 1730 they ship it out, there is a waiting list but they are pretty quick on getting them out!

pipsqueek1582

(0) Hearts

I just recently discovered her on YouTube...she's fun to watch and I have lots to learn! I watched her extreme contouring video and she said she used the sedona lace concealer palette for contouring...so I looked it up and decided for $16 why not give it a try...I'm only slightly nervous because I have super sensitive skin...but I'm gonna try it out. As far as your brush question... I'm not sure...but yesterday I purchased about 20 new brushes I'm going to try out...there's a couple that might be similar to this one... I'll report back when I find out! 

x31katie

(0) Hearts

I know this brush is sold out everywhere at the moment. But I've just found them available on eBay. They have a defective handle, but all the rest is still new and authentic (it seems) I have ordered two and will let you know what I think of them when I get it.

Item number; 111243238773

clarks18

She is the best!  If you haven't watched any of her other videos you need to!  My eyeshadow has come a long way just by watching her videos and I was already pretty good at it.  She explains everything so well and is definitely one of my favorite Beauty Guru's.

poshified

(0) Hearts

She keeps it real too! :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

I will definitely have to catch up! I think I'm okay at applying eyeshadow, but no where near how these makeup artists blend to perfection. I will get there, I'm determined lol.

DTalksAll

I rarely heavy contour, more like a quick light contour. I just hate all the blending. 

So I use the bobbi brown powder brush 

swfupload_542722389841462975.jpg

The dome is the perfect size for me to apply bronzer in the right places & it's soft enough that I can go back & blend it out real quick. I love it! 

But now you are seriously enabling me into getting this! 

I've had the Sephora Face Blender on my Loves list for a while & Sephora brushes are good quality, but I have a thing for NARS brushes too 

swfupload_4510755684363242822.jpg

BeautyJunkie325

(0) Hearts

I have that Sephora brush, it does make blending easier.  I use it to also blend out my foundation at the jawline/neck and forehead. 

poshified

I really want to try that Sephora brush! Someday, someday :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I didn't see that one! When you see how easy she makes it look with this brush you will definitely be enabled lol. I think my problem is the heavy hand too, so I have been trying to be light handed.

janinebt

(0) Hearts

Her makeup looks great! 

Square brushes like that work best when they are applied in an upward sweeping motion from about half an inch from where your ear starts downward in a sweeping motion that follows the hollow of your jaw. I find that it's always best to build coverage rather than just trying to pack on a ton of color at one time. The Sephora brush listed is amazing for contouring and highlighting!

Whimsically yours,
Janine
annonymous1

I really wonder how she makes her cheeks look so bright 

glossyguru

(0) Hearts

She uses a Mac Pro Highlighting Powder that's pretty much white

sephoralovex

Could be editing of the picture. Or sunlight. I'm sure her cheeks are bright but less than how it's showing up.

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Yeah it's not that shiny in the video, but still amazing!

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Her face was glowing with just foundation, I was in awe!

Kiki1517

This is what she used in this video:

STILA All Over Shimmer Duo in Kitten

http://www.sephora.com/all-over-shimmer-duo-P279706?skuId=1312313

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 34 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • DTalksAll