Answer
hikagemono
Mystery Hair Color
[ Edited ]

I'm attempting to grow my hair back to my natural color from its dyed-black state.  The roots are long enough now that I need to start thinking about tweaking my makeup color scheme a bit to best suit.  This may seem silly, but I haven't a clue what you'd classify my hair color as!  Am I a dark, dishwater blonde or a light brown?  Whatever you'd classify it under, it has slight reddish tones but I'm far from being anything of a red-head.

Here's the snipped version of a photo to get an idea:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v675/Becky_drv/haircolor.jpg?t=1293421446

Keep in mind too this was taken of me recently during cloudy weather (no sun to lighten for months), and in a dark room.  This is its absolute darkest state.  When exposed to sun it gets lighter and streaky.  It's hard to determine such accurately just going off a picture and rather unfair to ask, but what would you say?  Also what colors for makeup all around (eyes/lips/ETC.) would you suggest as most flattering for me with the lighter hair?  Despite having blue eyes and some lighter features, my skin is quite yellowy, warm-toned so picking the right shades get tricky.

Thanks in advance and I hope everyone had a good holiday this year!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 2
tenngal
Answered

From your photo it appears that you have blue eyes and dark blonde hair.  Here are a few tips for choosing eyeshadow.  To make your blue eyes really stand out, wear an eyeshadow that’s the opposite of your eye shade on the color spectrum.  For instance, peachy brown hues make blue eyes pop.  However, blues eyes and eyeshadow colors vary depending on hair color.

Blondes with blue eyes look best in cool shades such as:

• pale to medium blue
  • pale pink
  • violet
  • purple
  • deep or midnight blue
  • peachy brown

Neutral colors that work for blue-eyed people with any skintone and hair color are:

• peachy brown
  • white
  • grey
  • khaki
  • chocolate brown
  • camel

I hope this helps you.  :smileyhappy:

jennywawa88
Answered
(0) Hearts

I'd say you're a strawberry blonde. But the point really isn't what color you'd call your hair, just that you look good in whatever you wear. My advice is to try things on and if they look good, keep wearing them. And if they don't, then stop wearing them. If you ever have any doubts, just remember that the save all colors are neutrals, blacks, and whites.

Question Stats
  • 2 answers
  • 2 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • jennywawa88
    • hikagemono