GGrace

My Project 5 Pan

I'm going to start a modified project 5 pan. It's going to be an ongoing thing and every time I finish off an item a new one will be added to the list to replace it. Included within my project 5 pan are makeup, skincare, hair and nails. After 5 products are empty I can buy 1 thing. Hopefully this will keep my spending and stash in check. Since I have a lot of products that are half used I barely use anymore because I've upgraded to ones I like more even though there is nothing wrong with the old ones, I'm going to allow those to be used but not count as full products.
1 full size =2 half used products = 3-4 deluxe samples =6-10 foils
My current list: As of 7/20/13
1. 2 mini B&BW lotions, Vasanti BrightenUp! deluxe sample
2. 1/4 full Neutrogena makeup remover, deluxe sample of theBalm MaryLou Manizer (hit pan), Maybelline whisper lipstick (1/3 left)
3. 1/2 julep nail polish remover, 1/2 josie marin argan oil
4. 2 covergirl bb cream/ tinted mousterizer (1 with 1/8th left and another full one)
5. Revlon Lipstick in Pink & Proper

AmelieLandry

Re: My Project 5 Pan

(0) Hearts

I really need to start doing this. None of them are "hit pan" yet, but I'm almost done/getting there with these:

1) Sephora + Pantone emerald mascara (loved this)

2) CoverGirl Lash Blast in brown

3) Almay eye remover wipes (I discovered that the bottom ones are molding, so I threw this out)

4) the neutral shades on the extreme right side of the Urban Decay ammo palette (sin and something else)

5) Skin79 lovely girl BB cream

GGrace

(0) Hearts

My current list: As of 8/20/13
1. Sephora by OPI Nailpolish remover
2. Covergirl Concealer stick
3. maybelinne Lipstick in Pink & Proper
4 Sumita Eye Pencil in Saletti
5. 1/3 Origins GinZing Moisturizer

I finished off my Covergirl bb cream and a julep nail polish in Melanie. That makes five items total. So I failed at the no buy portion of project pan but that was never really what my project was about. It was more about using up things I don't want anymore but aren't so bad that I'm just going to throw them out.

bellag2107

(0) Hearts

Surveyed my stash and here is the list of products I came up with:

1. Shea Terra Organics Mint Marrakesh Black Soap Elixir- 1/8 left, Arbonne Eye Cream- 1/2 left, Josie Maran Infinity Cream- 1/2 left

2. Josie Maran Argan Illuminizer (deluxe sample)- 1/4 left, Caudalie SOS Serum (deluxe sample), Ole Henriksen Pure Truth Vitamin C Activating Oil (deluxe sample)

3. Bare Minerals Mineral Veil- 1/4 left, Josie Maran Luscious Lips-1/2 left

4. Bare Minerals loose shadows in Tan Lines and Soft Focus Explore about 1/4 left in both, Arbonne blush in Apricot (hit pan)

5. Shea Terra Organics Eau de Rose Facial Spritz

GGrace

I feel like I'm doing well but then again I'm also using up deluxe and travel sizes instead of full for the most part so that might be cheating

My current list: As of 8/2/13
1. 1/4 julep nail polish remover, 1/4 josie marin argan oil
2. 1 Covergirl bb cream/ tinted moisturizer 
3. maybelinne Lipstick in Pink & Proper
4 Sumita Eye Pencil in Saletti
5. 1/3 Origins GinZing Moisturizer

I should really have taken pictures of the empties

Finished so far: repurchase?

2 bath and both works mini lotions: no

1 vasanti brighten up deluxe sample: no

1 covergirl bbcream: no

1 neutrogena makeup remover: yes

1 marylou manizer deluxe sample: yes

1 maybelline whisper lipstick: undecided, I liked the color but I have a lot of lip products I need to finish off

poshified

(0) Hearts

I definitely find myself going through deluxe sized products as well! Great job on the empties :smileyhappy:

GGrace

(0) Hearts

I finished off the nail polish remover and Argan oil!!

now I just need to finish off two more sets to finish off 5 things

I'm also adding a julep nail polish to the list to replace what I've finished. I'm actually confident I can finish this nailpolish by the end of the month because It's half empty and It's my favorite color, I'll just have to wear it every day and reapply often. We'll see how that goes. 

michmo

Okay I'm ready to commit my 5 items.  These are the ones I'm working on emptying:

1.  Sonia Kashuk Blush in Pink--love it but have had it forever.  I think I'm getting close to pan.  And I already know what product I want to replace this.  

2.  Josie Maran Coconut Water Cheek Gelee--Love it for summer. I've started to make a fair dent in it.  

3.  Josie Maran Argan Wipes (Almost done with one pack and have a second pack)--They're okay, nothing special.  I won't repurchase.

4.  Erase Paste--I think I'd like to try something else when this is gone.  I think this may be the product that takes me the longest to finish.  

5.  Sample Mascaras.  I have a lot of these.  It's great because I don't have to buy mascara, but it's starting to go overboard.  

GGrace

(0) Hearts

I really should take picture as I go at the start and finish of each product or keep the empties but I'm far too lazy for that. I'm excited I managed to finish one set on my list but that's because I go through lotions like crazy

My current list: As of 7/26/13
1. 2 1 mini B&BW lotions, Vasanti BrightenUp! deluxe sample (YAYYY!! I finnished one set and no I wouldn't buy any of them, I didn't like the scents of the lotions and I have better exfoliates that I like more already)
2. 1/4 full Neutrogena makeup remover, deluxe sample of theBalm MaryLou Manizer (hit pan), Maybelline whisper lipstick (1/5 left) ( I can't wait to finish off my current makeup remover so I can repurchase this one, I already have a full size MaryLou and if I ever finish that I'll probably buy another)
3. 1/3 julep nail polish remover, 1/3 josie marin argan oil
4. 2 1 Covergirl bb cream/ tinted moisturizer (1 with 1/8th left and another full one) (I probably wont buy this again once I finish it because I have plenty of others and I like alot of those foundations, bb creams and tinted moisturizers better)
6 Sumita Eye Pencil in Saletti 
7. 1/2 Origins GinZing Moisturizer

GGrace

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I"m making progress on the deluxe sizes, now all I need to do is get threw some of my bigger items to clear up some space on/in my vanity

My current list: As of 7/26/13
1. 2 1 mini B&BW lotions, Vasanti BrightenUp! deluxe sample
2. 1/4 full Neutrogena makeup remover, deluxe sample of theBalm MaryLou Manizer (hit pan), Maybelline whisper lipstick (1/4 left)
3. 1/3 julep nail polish remover, 1/3 josie marin argan oil
4. 2 1 Covergirl bb cream/ tinted moisturizer (1 with 1/8th left and another full one)
6 Sumita Eye Pencil in Saletti ( I know I haven't actually finished any one set of items but i feel like i finished enough from different sets to add a new one)

7. 2/3 Origins GinZing Moisturizer 

GGrace

(0) Hearts

My current list: As of 7/24/13
1. 2 mini B&BW lotions, Vasanti BrightenUp! deluxe sample
2. 1/4 full Neutrogena makeup remover, deluxe sample of theBalm MaryLou Manizer (hit pan), Maybelline whisper lipstick (1/3 left)
3. 1/2 julep nail polish remover, 1/2 josie marin argan oil
4. 1 covergirl bb cream/ tinted mousterizer (1 with 1/8th left and another full one)

6 Sumita Eye Pencil in Saletti ( I know I havent actually finished any one set of items but i feel like i finished enough from different sets to add a new one)

poshified

5pan.JPG

Here's my Project5Pan makeup-wise :smileyhappy:

1) MAC Pro Long Wear Bronzer - Nude on Board: Bought this last year when I was in an all-MAC phase. Better than Laguna, but ever since discovering Guerlain bronzers, I probably will not repurchase in any re-promote collections.

2. Revlon Lip Butter - Peach Parfait: LOVE the color, but honestly, I'm not a big drugstore (nor MAC) lipsticks as they tend to dry out my lips and make them peel the next day. Will not repurchase.

3. Buxom Full Bodied Lip Gloss - BooYa: One of my all time favorite lip glosses -- think of NARS Orgasm in a lip gloss form -- without the tingly sensation! I will be repurchasing once I run out.

4. Urban Decay eyeshadow - Naked: Favorite transition/crease shade for my NC25 skin tone. Bought it in a single eyeshadow form and then de-potted because I was afraid I'd hit pan in the original Naked palette! lol

5. Guerlain Meteorites Compact Powder - 02 Teint Beige: Initially loved it as a mattifying setting powder, but have not reached for it as much upon discovering NARS Pressed Light Reflecting Powder (which is much more affordable and performs better, I think.) Working on finishing it this summer but most likely will not repurchase.

wendyomgwar

Ohhh! So pretty :3 I have so many things maybe if I would just focus on using a couple at a time I would actually run out of something!

poshified

LOL, it's really hard for me to stick to one item for more than a few days!

wendyomgwar

(0) Hearts

When it comes to cosmetics it takes me forever to use them all up! I can finish perfumes, hair products, and if I stick to body lotions and face creams I can use those up too! But not any eye shadows or anything, good luck!

drrragon

this year is the first time I've EVER used the same eye palette for six months straight, and i'm not even close to hitting pan on any of the colors!  

poshified

(0) Hearts

Ummm can I ask which palette it is because I might need it! lol

GGrace

really? how many eyeshadows are in the palette and how often did you wear eyeshadow?

wendyomgwar

Geez! I can't even imagine not trading up any shadows and then still not finishing it! I've only used up one shadow in my life, Bobbi Brown bone, it was the best highlighter for my brow bone when I was a tad bit lighter! 

poshified

(0) Hearts

Urban Decay's Skimp is my go-to highlighter! They need to make it into a single shadow form, so I can stop buying palettes that contain it! haha

michmo

(0) Hearts

I'm going to start something similar with myself.  I have been buying so many things lately that I have no only at least one product I love in every makeup category, but also a couple back up products that I really like too.  So now I'm not going to buy anything until I completely run out.  

For example, right now I have three blushes that I really like.  I will not allow myself to buy any more blushes until I hit pan in those.  Or foundation, I have two that I've been alternating between (one I'm not super fond of, but it is okay), and I just bought a brand new one.  I will not buy any more foundations until I at least empty two of those three.  I have three eyeliners going, and I would have to be down to just one in order to buy a new one.  

But my face products I love First Aid Beauty and don't have backups for those products, so when I run out of them I order right away.  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 33 replies
  • 25 hearts
  • 11 in conversation
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • drrragon
    • poshified
    • jinxski
    • rikkie