kenny

Mint Eyeliners

I've been seriously eyeballing NARS Larger than Life Long-Wear eyeliner in Barrow Street, it's a nice mint or seafoam shade. I think it would be a really great way to switch up my makeup routine and change my nude lower lash liner. Unfortunately the only thing holding me back is the price tag (almost $30 CAD), does anyone know of any eyeliners that have similar shades but might be a little more budget friendly?swfupload_5204426501662059702.jpg

beautylovingirl

Re: Mint Eyeliners

(0) Hearts

@starletta8- I love the Chanel Liners! They make me think of the bluest waters and wishing I was in them.:smileyhappy:

dianabt

(0) Hearts

That Urban Decay liner is gorgeous! I may have to pick one up myself :smileywink:  @Kenny take a look at some of our Sephora Collection ones as well or if you have a seafoam shadow you can apply it wet with an angled liner brush!

Luv&Lipgloss, Diana
starletta8

(0) Hearts

Swatching those has made me want both the NARS and the Urban Decay... sigh.

(I already have 3 of the ones I swatched at home, in full disclosure.)

starletta8

Never let it be said we don't aim to please around here at BT!  While I was out, I swatched a few for you at Sephora and one at Nordstrom I was curious about.  For reference, I'm Bobbi Brown Alabaster pale. (And I couldn't find a tester for the regular Smudge Stick Eyeliner- a quick search shows that the liquid formula is sheerer)

eyeliners.jpg

L-R:

Chanel Le Stylo Yeux Waterpoof- JADE

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes- #52L (Summer 13)

Make Up For Ever Aqua Eyes- PISTACHIO #

Urban Decay 24/7 Eyeliner- FREAK

NARS Larger than Life Eyeliner- BARROW STREET

Stila Stay All Day Waterproof Eyeliner- TURQUOISE

Kat Von D- EYEGASM

Sephora Collection Retractable Waterproof Eyeliner- 5 GREEN

Diorshow Waterproof Eyeliner- AQUA BLUE (Summer 13)

kenny

Thanks so much!  This made me want the NARS liner so much! It's such a gorgeous unique shade!

bananachoox3

I've been eyeballing that pencil too! Love the color, planning to get it the next time I'm at Sephora

starletta8

I was all set to send you to Sephora Collection, which is where I usually go for colors I want to test- but no mint!

So, I'll second the Kat Von D suggestion, at $10.

Shade- Eyegasm

http://www.sephora.com/waterproof-autograph-pencil-P378615?skuId=1467216

Doing a bit of Googling, it seems that Stila made a mint shade this past spring, but I don't see it on Sephora's site. (Hmm... apparently it's Turquoise, but reads mint?? There's a breakdown of a mint eyeliner look at the Rebecca Minkoff spring slow on that brand's website- and the full look from Stila is broken down).

I also stumbled onto this suggestion: Shu Uemura's pressed eye shadow in soft blue green 540 (pearl sea green).  Do a quick search and you'll see the color.

carolang

It's slightly darker, but you may want to take a peek at Kat Von D's eyegasm eyeliner. I've been looking for that exact shade for ages and I finally found it... for $10! I am not sure how well that Nars shadow will show up on the skin... but figured I'd throw the Kat Von D color out there as it is described as an "iridescent mint green." It is very long lasting and I wanted it for a pop of color on the lower lash line.

http://www.sephora.com/waterproof-autograph-pencil-P378615?skuId=1467216

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 8 replies
  • 10 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • kenny
    • dianabt
    • beautylovingirl
    • starletta8
    • bananachoox3