YouAreAlways

Minimum make up you will leave the house in

I want to see photos of what make up items you HAVE to wear, or you wont leave the house. 

If your up for it, I would like to see a photo of your everyday make up pile.

And what you take if your going away for 2 nights. 

Londonlover101

Re: Minimum make up you will leave the house in

(0) Hearts

my minimum is probably my EOS lip balm, and that's on weekends but if im seeing ym friends and people at school I cant leave with almay kinetin spf foundation and Maybelline's true concealer thing and Vaseline on my eyelashes.

butterblume

(0) Hearts

my minimum is usually moisturizer + spf and some kind of lip balm/gloss/lipstick.

actually let's be honest that's usually what i leave the house in. i will wear lipstick to the store though just cos it makes me happy.

KateLovesYSL

(0) Hearts

There are days especially weekend that I don't wear any make up, just moisturizer.

But usually my minimum I go out with is Moisturizer and Anatasia Brow wiz! 

The key is great skin!

kellsmuneoka

(0) Hearts

I go to school with no makeup because I don't want to wear makeup everyday and feel self conscious without it. Sometime I go full cake face out to the mall or store , it just depends if I have time or not.

sarinalove

(0) Hearts

MUST HAVE on the basics:

- Moisturizer

- Primer

- Powder foundation

- Eyeliner (just tightlining the lash line)

- Lip Balm like Fresh Sugar balm in Petal

Bonus: If I have time, I'll highlight my cheeks and use a finishing powder like Hourglass Ambient Lighting powder. Maybe even concealer for under the eyes if I need to and have time. Overall still just looking fresh and barely any makeup look.

Thats it!

IllegallyBlonde

(0) Hearts

My minimum is foundation and bronzer, but usually I'll throw on at least some eyeliner on my waterline too 

MK89

(0) Hearts

If I'm only going to the grocery store that day and feeling lazy, I sometimes *gasp* go with no makeup at all, not even foundation! I do feel sort of self-conscious but try my best not to. I didn't start wearing makeup until a couple of  years ago, and only starting wearing it regularly in the past year or so. My minimum makeup tends to be black eyeliner, foundation, Fresh tinted balm and a little blush. Mascara too, if I'm not in a rush. Now that I have the Chocolate Bar though, I've been trying to spend a little more time on making my eyes pretty :smileyhappy:

For two nights, it really just depends on where I'm going. Definitely would want to bring a bold lip color or two if I plan to go out and dress up!

MikuNerd65

(0) Hearts

It's usually nothing on my face or eyeliner. man, I wish I had photo ability on my phone. If It's two nights then it's the whole shebang.  

rlmcc83

(0) Hearts

Bare minimum for me is moisturizer, mascara and some type of lip color (which can be anything from tinted balm to gloss to full-coverage lipstick, depending on my mood and what I'm wearing). On days when I want to look more "put together" I'll add primer, foundation, powder and blush. I might do one or two colors of eye shadow w/primer depending on how much time I have that morning, but I typically don't wear much eye make up unless it's a special occasion.

For overnight trips, what I take depends on where I'm going. I took two short trips in October, a three-day vacation with my husband and a weekend work trip. The vacation involved a lot of outdoor activities, so the only cosmetics I brought were skin care stuff and lip balm. The work trip was to attend a professional conference, so I took what I would normally wear to work: primer, foundation, powder, blush, mascara and lip color, plus skincare.

ladymeag

I have a fairly severe haircut and brightly dyed hair - if I don't do a minimum amount of work, I really look scary or rumpled (depending on who is looking and how much sleep I've had.) 

Minimum to run to the post office/fill the gas tank on the car/drop something off:

Sunscreen (never leave home without it, even on my way to the ER)
Brows (Brow Wiz pencil here does just fine)
Dark matte shadow with a liner brush at my lash line

Liner on my waterline

Powder foundation (to help with the shine from the sunscreen)

SPF lip balm

True emergency to leave the house - I've got sunscreen and will apply it as I walk out the door. That's not the best but it's better than nothing. 

My standard every day face is: 
Sunscreen

Primer and Eye Primer
ABH Dipbrow

Three shadow basic eye with a liner and dark shadow to set the liner, liner at the waterline

Liquid foundation

Setting powder

Mascara

Lip liner (clear)
Lipstick (usually matte, sometimes satin)

In the summer I usually add bronzer/blush to that so that I don't reflect quite as much.

Going away for two nights will depend on where I'm going - I'm headed to my BFF's place in PDX, I know I'll be hitting the bars/clubs/parties/whatever so I bring a lot, sometimes just my whole traincase (and I have trouble deciding on shoes, so I wind up with a silly number of shoes in my car.) If I'm headed to overnight in a vacation-type spot, I just bring my basics bag that I take to the gym. 
Travel-sized bag of makeup remover wipes
Travel-sized Daily Face Cream (FAB)
Travel-sized Sephora Collection Perfecting Primer (I got a few of these in GWP bags - when I run out, I'll have to find a solution)
Mini Urban Decay Primer Potion in Original
Powder Foundation (currently: Jane Iredale Pressed in Ivory)
Anastasia Brow Wiz in Ebony
Naked Basics
Naked Basics double-ended eye pencil
Mini BADgal Lash
Mini NARS Orgasm/Laguna duo
Urban Decay 24/7 Lip Pencil in Ozone
MAC 3-Fuchsia (in reality, 1 fuchsia, 1 purple, and 1 deep pink) and 3-Red lip palettes (these are both pretty small - 2 in x 2 in or so)
A tube of Sephora Collection eye brushes
EcoTools mini kabuki brush
Triple-toothed backcombing comb
(Things I have to remove before traveling by air: Tweezerman mini slant tweezers, mini crystal file in a case)

I don't carry anything that I would be heartbroken to lose or felt like I couldn't replace. It sounds like a lot but it all fits in a bag that's just bigger than my wallet. Stuff that lives in my purse: a small box of perfume oil vials, a full size sunscreen, a small Cetaphil lotion.

ladymeag

(0) Hearts

Replying to myself like a fool with a photo (as requested in the OP!) of today's makeup use:

IMG_4314.JPG

That produced this look:

VIVARiRiKVDSmaller.JPG

person11

I have definitely carried around 5+ pairs of shoes in my car, too.  Tough life choices.

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

i won't leave the house without foundation ,mascara and eyebrows done that's the bare minimum for me lol 

person11

(0) Hearts

Even if I'm bare faced and zitty, I always curl my eyelashes!

YouAreAlways

(0) Hearts

I wont do anything without mascara. Like I put it on after I get out of the shower. 

AlwaysGlamorous

I may be glamorous always but I have NO qualms about going bare faced and beautiful to the grocery store or Target. 

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

Absolute, bare minimum for me is mascara and brow pencil. I am fair  and a natural blonde ( well originally! Heh heh!) i have no contrast in my face, so if I dont color my brows and lashes, I just look blank. 

mdelrosario91

Until recently, I could go out with just powder on for oil control. Then I had two big breakouts of cystic acne. Now, at minimal, I have to wear foundation and loose powder whenever I go out.  People are quite mean with their comments and I usually get stuff like, whoa what happened to your face? So I'd rather go about my day peacefully and not have to deal with those comments.

quotidianus

Eesh, what is wrong with people?  Sorry you have to deal with bs like that. :hugs:

AlwaysGlamorous

"People are quite mean with their comments and I usually get stuff like, whoa what happened to your face?"

:smileymad: WTH! How unbelievably RUDE and invasive! I definitely know how you feel because I too get cystic breakouts and people sometimes stare. I just want to be like "I know, it's big! Pretty impressive right?"

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 49 replies
  • 33 hearts
  • 42 in conversation
    • katie1724
    • sdominiek
    • killahbabe
    • tehprincessjenn
    • jxw200
    • aviscardi