Answer
lily12345
Middle School Makeup Look?

I am in 6th grade, 12 years old. I am VERY into makeup. Can someone suggest a very pretty look for me for school? I have blonde hair and blueish green eyes.I am aloud to wear concelear,blush,eyeshadow,mascara, and lipgloss/lipstick. Thanks so much!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
tenngal
Answered

Hi, lily.  Since you are just starting on building your makeup collection, I'll go one makeup product at a time, explaining each of the products that I think would make a pretty look for you for school.  I may be over-explaining about the use of the products, as you already may know a good deal about them, but I wanted to give you the info just in case it might help...

Lets start with foundation primer...Foundation primer is applied before your foundation to give your skin an even texture and a good base to help make your makeup stay put all day.  I would try Make Up For Ever All Mat Foundation Primer which is an oil-free foundation primer designed to remove shine and give your foundation long lasting results.  Mattifying powders in its ingredients absorb any excess of sebum (oil) and prepare your skin to help makeup stay looking perfect all day.  The silicone gel base, with its cotton-soft texture, leaves your skin looking matte and feeling velvety.  It is recommended for normal to oily skin and you can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P169809&categoryId...

Now on to foundation...You'll want a nice, lightweight foundation that doesn't look or feel heavy on your young skin.  Clinique Even Better Makeup SPF 15 is a dermatologist-developed liquid foundation that immediately brightens and evens out your skin tone with naturally luminous minerals in the formula.  This is a good-for-your-skin foundation.  Without any makeup, you will see improved clarity, a more even skin tone and visibly diminished uneven spots (if you have any).  These results can be witnessed by all ethnicities in just 4 to 6 weeks.  The long-wearing foundation provides moderate-to-full coverage and also helps prevent new discolorations with SPF-plus antioxidants that are excellent for your skin.  You can find this foundation in a variety of shades to choose from here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P234967&categoryId...

Not everyone needs a concealer.  However, if you have any hard-to-cover spots, such as blemishes or dark circles under your eyes that the foundation will not cover up, then I would use Amazing Cosmetics Amazing Concealer to cover those areas.  It is a full-coverage, natural-looking concealer that’s ideal for any kind of imperfection, including dark circles.  The highly pigmented, waterproof formula blends seamlessly into your skin, giving you a flawless finish to your complexion that looks and feels natural.  The Amazing Concealer is formulated to erase all skin imperfections:  dark circles, broken capillaries, sun damage, blemishes, redness and more.  Unlike traditional concealers, the Amazing Concealer is so concentrated that you only need to use tiny pin-dot amounts of product to create flawless coverage.  And it does not settle into fine lines when used around the eye area.  You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P59405&categoryId=B70

Now about setting powder…Setting or finishing powders are applied over your foundation to give your skin a nice, soft, air-brushed finish and to help set your foundation so that it lasts longer, too.  One of my favorite setting powders is Make Up For Ever HD Microfinish Powder which is a universal translucent finishing powder to be applied over foundation (or worn alone).  It sets your foundation and slightly mattifies your skin without changing its natural contours.  The 100% mineral silica powder softens the appearance of imperfections and completely evens out your complexion for a glowing, radiant look.  One universal shade works for all skin tones.  Its talc-free formula does not dry your skin and it has been dermatologist tested.  You can find it here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P210400&categoryId...

Now before we talk about eyeshadows, let's talk about eyeshadow primer.  Urban Decay Eyeshadow Primer Potion is an ultra-sheer, totally nude base that glides onto your skin easily.  It disappears instantly and will make all the difference in the world as to how your eyeshadow will go on smoother, how you'll get all-day wear with absolutely no creasing and in how your eyeshadow color will be much more vibrant when applied over the primer.  You simply apply a very small amount of primer to your eyelid and let it dry before applying your eyeshadow (it only takes about a minute to dry completely).  You can find it here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P284716&categoryId...

To make your blue-green eyes really stand out, wear an eyeshadow that’s the opposite of your eye shade on the color spectrum.  For instance, peachy brown hues make blue eyes pop.  However, blues eyes and eyeshadow colors vary depending on hair color.

Blondes with blue eyes look best in cool shades such as:

• pale to medium blue
  • pale pink
  • violet
  • purple
  • deep or midnight blue
  • peachy brown

Neutral colors that work for blue-eyed people with any skin tone and hair color are:

• peachy brown
  • white
  • grey
  • khaki
  • chocolate brown
  • camel

If you want a palette of neutral, everyday colors that would flatter your blue-green eyes then I would suggest the Smashbox Softbox Palette.  The palette a great palette for beginners and pros alike that contains not only 9 shadows, but also 2 creamy liners, an eyelid primer and a good quality double-ended brush.  The enclosed "Get the Look" booklet will help you achieve a variety of looks using Smashbox’s expert techniques.  All products in the palette are paraben-free.  In case you want to know more specifically what is in this palette, here's a list:  
- 9 x 0.04 oz Eye Shadow in Nectar (matte peach), Vanilla (matte warm ivory), Flirt (pink beige shimmer with silver flecks), Lucky Penny (copper shimmer), Sugar (pink shimmer), Stone (matte taupe), Sienna (warm brown with bronze shimmer), Nude (matte soft caramel), Truffle (plum taupe shimmer)
- 2 x 0.05 oz Cream Eye Liner in Bronze (deep bronze), Taupe (silvery taupe)
- 0.02 oz Photo Finish Lid Primer (universal - warm beige)
- Double-Ended Shadow/Liner Brush (very good quality, which is hard to find in most palettes)
You can find this palette here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P284704&categoryId=B70

For eyeliner, I would definitely recommend trying Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Liner Pencils.  The cushiony-soft, creamy eye pencils give you powerful, vibrant color that glides on smooth and stays soft and creamy for blending (about 30 seconds), then dries to a long-lasting finish that won't budge all day.  Created with 50% moisturizing ingredients suspended in a sophisticated waterproof formula, these eyeliners offer long-lasting color and a super-creamy feel when applied.  Some shade that would really make your blue-green eyes pop would be:

Blondes with blue eyes look best in cool shades such as:

• Binge
  • Deviant
  • Lust
  • Ransom
  • Gunmetal
  • Bourbon

You can find the eyeliner penicls here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P133707&categoryId...

A blush that you may want to consider trying is Stila’s Custom Color Blush which is a pH-based powder blush that takes the guesswork out of picking the perfect shade because it reacts to your own personal skin tone and individual pH to create a perfect, personalized shade.  It’s easy to blend with a velvety-soft finish and it even smoothes the appearance of fine lines (if you have any) leaving your skin with a natural-looking glow.  You can find it at:  http://sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P269021&categoryId=B70

Now on to lip colors...If you’re interested in a long-lasting lip stain, I would try Stila's Yumberry Crush Lip & Cheek Stain.  (Of course, you don't have to use it on your cheeks if you don't want to or you can use it on your cheeks instead of purchasing the powder blush I mentioned above.)  Yumberry is a beautiful, sheer, mid-tone pink hue that'll give you a naturally beautiful, healthy flush.  Rich in vitamins and potent antioxidants, this lip stain is actually good for your skin.  Yumberry fruits boast the highest amount of the most potent antioxidants (OPCs, Oligomeric Proanthocyanidins) and are known to be 50 times stronger than vitamin E and 20 times stronger than vitamin C.  Yumberry may help slow the degeneration of collagen, thus supporting the natural structure of the skin and slowing premature aging, too!  You can find the beautiful shade called Yumberry Crush here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml;jsessionid=MF2AXZYQLNXYACV0KQNQ5UQ?id=P253819&categoryId...

Lastly, let's talk about starting your brush collection.  Buying good quality brushes to apply your makeup with makes a huge difference in how your makeup goes on and the way it looks.  So getting good quality brushes is a very important investment.  When first starting your brush collection, I think it’s easiest to start out by purchasing a set because there are so many different brushes that trying to choose one can become almost overwhelming.  However, in the beginning even purchasing a set can get confusing because different sets have different styles of brushes so I wanted to give you some information about a few good brush sets from the Sephora Collection.  Think of these brushes as an investment because a good set of brushes (if taken care of properly) should last you for years.

First of all there is the Sephora Collection Deluxe Antibacterial Brush Set which is a 7-piece brush set that repels and destroys bacteria that comes in a silver, tri-fold brush case.  The 7 brushes included are basic necessary brushes for use on a daily basis which are:  a foundation brush, concealer brush, powder brush, angled eyeshadow brush, eye blender brush, lip/eyeliner brush, and a brow brush/lash comb.  This is a good quality set of brushes for $60 which you can find here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P197107&categoryId=C17385&shouldPaginate=true

Another good choice would be the Sephora Collection Vanity Brush Set which is a set of 6 essential brushes housed in a black, faux-leather cylinder with a customized slot for each individual brush.  The case has a handy snap-on, snap-off lid and it includes the following brushes:  complexion (blush/powder) brush, concealer brush, pointed eye crease brush, flat eyeliner brush, eye blending brush and a smudge brush.  You can find this set here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P127113&categoryId=C17385&shouldPaginate=true

A very good value in my opinion is the Sephora Collection Perfect Pink Brush Set which is $60 and contains 10 essential brushes for your face, eyes, and lips.  It comes with all the brushes needed to create a full face and they come in a pretty pink carrying case.  This set includes the following brushes:
- Fan Brush
- Blush Brush
- Powder Brush
- Concealer Brush
- Medium Eyeshadow Brush
- Medium Blending Brush
- Small Eyeshadow Brush
- Dual-Sided Brow Brush and Lash Comb
- Angled Eyeliner Brush
- Lip Brush
You can find this set here: http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P273009&categoryId=C17385&shouldPaginate=true

Remember that buying a set of brushes is an investment.  Purchasing good quality brushes is important so that they do a good job and last for a long time.  They must also be taken care of in order to get the best wear out of them by cleaning them with a good brush cleaner such as the Sephora Daily Brush Cleaner which you can find here:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P208011&categoryId=B70.  I clean my brushes with the brush cleaner at least once a week, if not daily, just depending on what kind of makeup I've used on any given day.  Monthly (or more often, if necessary) I give my brushes a "deep" cleaning by mixing baby shampoo and water in a bowl and cleaning them in the solution.  Always lay your brushes on a clean, flat surface (preferably a towel) to air dry so that they keep their shape.

I just wanted to add a few more words about makeup.  At your age, you have a natural beauty that you don’t want to cover up with a lot of makeup products.  Teenage makeup should always be soft and subtle.  A nice combination of subtle colors makes teenage makeup attractive and soft.

As a teenager you have fresh, soft skin and you should take steps to preserve it.  Make sure you do not use any local and harsh products on your skin.  Do not give yourself an overdose of make up because it will make you look more mature than you are and will cover up your own natural beauty—your youthful, innocence is the basic plus point of your beauty.

What to do:

• Experiment with colors.  Try wearing bright and floral colors.  You can also use light pink and black colors if you are willing for a feminine look.
  • Go for bright yet natural shades for make up.
  • Do experiments with your eye makeup, but avoid extra glossy makeup anywhere else on your face.
  • Go for lipgloss instead of lipstick.
  • Try different kinds of hairstyles because changes in hairstyles help in a complete makeover.
  • Remember to keep your skin clean, toned and moisturized.  Avoid using any harsh products on your skin.
  • Innocence on your face is your real beauty, so avoid any kind of makeup that overshadows your natural charm.  For example, choose a tinted moisturizer instead of foundation because it is sheerer and looks more natural.

What not to do:

• Always make sure that you don’t overdress yourself and that whatever you wear is in accordance with the occasion you’re dressing up for.
  • Avoid extra chemical treatment with your hair.  However experiment as much as you can with natural and herbal products.
  • Avoid wearing ultra glam dress and makeup because that will overshadow the natural beauty of your face.
  • Do not apply chemicals on your face.  Instead go for homemade and natural/organic products.
  • Avoid colors like green, brown, grey and slate both in makeup and dresses.

Hope this helps!
Have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

veeerules
Answered

Lily-

Since you are young and the makeup is for daytime/school, you really don't want to wear anything too heavy. But since you are new to makeup, you probably want to experiment with different looks and colors! A few suggestions:

Since it looks like you aren't allowed to wear foundation, what about a tinted moisturizer? The Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer SPF 20 - Oil Free gives a little bit of coverage while providing important moisture and sunscreen.

For eyeshadow and blush, one of the Too Faced collections would be great - like the Too Faced Sweet Dreams Makeup Collection. There are eyeshadows, blushes, a primer, and even instruction cards! They have a collection called Beautiful Dreams that even comes with a mascara and a lip gloss, but the eyshadow colors aren't as fun!

For a mascara, the Sephora Full Action Mascara is great, and it is a better for a budget than some other brands.

For lips there are endless possibilities. MAKE UP FOREVER and Bare Escentuals both have fantastic glosses and lipsticks. The MUFE ones come in three different styles for sheer or bold looks; the Star collection would be great for school, and the Metal collection is a more moisturizing alternative to lipstick.

Hope this helps!

V

niki24
Answered
(0) Hearts

Light colored lip gloss is really in right now, especially the nude look.

-Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals 100% Natural Lip gloss in Wild Honey
http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P236803&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5737

Browns and golds for eye shadows wil really make your eyes pop! Try to avoid blue eye shadow because it will make your eyes dull in color.

-Bare Escentuals Bare Minerals eye shadow in Queen Tiffany or Cultured Pearl (or combine the two) will make your baby blues stand out and look great.

http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P61011&shouldPaginate=true&categoryId=5737
If your eyes are closer to green, I suggest purple eye shadow to pump up your natural eye color. My personal favorite is Wildflower. I have hazel eyes so I tend to stick with purples and browns, which increase the brightness of my eye color.

After you're done, optional mascara in black or brown/black will look great. One coat should do the trick. My favorite is Real Purity's black mascara http://www.realpurity.com/shop/product_info.php?cPath=34&products_id=35 nice plus is no parabens or chemicals. :smileyhappy:

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 4 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • tenngal
    • niki24
    • veeerules
    • lily12345