neko333

Michelle Phan makeup line

(0) Hearts

Just saw this on youtube. Has some good colors and concepts but really pricey. The palette (though it is big) is $75. They have single things as well  though. I doubt I will look into buying any of it until it has some reviews. 

AmiraHall

Re: Michelle Phan makeup line

I'm on the not interested train...Nothing captured me in her collection....I agree that the packaging looks cheap...

I would think the prices would be a little more affordable, for her fans/subscribers...I just don't think I could pay that for a pallet I couldn't swatch ... I do wish her lots of success 

roseate

Packaging looks too cheap..... Would not purchase that gigantic palette for $75 even if it has the spectrum of a rainbow.

Emeraldlight

I would be hesitant to purchase something from an internet makeup "guru".  She may have made a name for herself as a person that has the talent to apply makeup, but her talents may not transcend into a bona fide cosmetic line. 

odoriferouscand

I just went to her website and saw the main picture at the top and I wonder if it's just me or if her lip liner looks really strange ... like way out of bounds? But besides that, the makeup looks much to overpriced for someone just starting out, I much prefer my *~*Sephora*~* products haha.

lilmissmodel14

I agree. I would stick to sephora and spend my $75 that way haha.  i found her website strangely put together and hard to navigate.

sephoramusthave

I'm not interested. But I am really excited to try out the new Marc Jacobs line. I saw him in a beauty magazine not too long ago....seems like a great guy...very much a simple dude and a creature of habit. He wears a black and white shirt with a kilt every single day, eats oatmeal every morning for breakfast, chicken everyday for lunch, steak every night for dinner....he likes his coffee, his cigarettes, and loud nikki minaj music to keep him going through long days at the office. :smileyvery-happy:

ChicDabbler

Haha, I didn't know that, I do know he have a pet dog. I absolutely ADORE Marc Jacob. I love his collection and looks through his fashion shows every season.

ps. Louis Vuitton is an internationally famous brand. Have you heard of Dior? Chanel? Burberry? This is on par with that. 

neko333

(0) Hearts

I've heard of Dior, mainly the mascara. I don't know the others or what they are.

ChicDabbler

.....ok, one last attempt. You know JK Rowling? Mark Twain? Earnest Hamingway? The names I mentioned are to the fashion world what those authors are to the literary world, what Full Metal Alchemist/One Piece/Bleach/Naruto are to the manga circle, what Star War/Iron Man/Spider Man to the nerdy crowd.

rikkie

[ Edited ]

Mmm, but you want well respected names known for their classic timelessness, not just the stuff anyone has. Like Grave of the Fireflies, Cowboy Bebop, or anything Miyazaki Hayao has ever touched, haha. 

Oops, I guess you said manga, which I totally missed. Point stands though. 

neko333

(0) Hearts

I've watched Cowboy Beebop and Miyazaki Hayao films. Grave of the Fireflies is definitely before my time though. I wasn't even born yet. I grew up in the era of Dragon Ball and Sailor Moon. I think that's my way of saying I like long fight scenes. It's like wrestling but with screaming to power up. The story lines have gotten better as I've gotten older though. Fairy Tails just a great manga if you actually want to see the vast majority of female characters not be useless in a fight.

neko333

Well I figured they were big names (when they were mentioned), I'd just never heard of them. Like if you would ask me what kind of store is Burberry I'd be like, "It sounds like a produce market specializing in berries". You left out Fairy Tail (not that it really matters).

poohblueberry

@ neko333 - I absolutely LOVED your comment regarding Burberry!!  You are definitely a cute tiger cubbette!!

neko333

I have no clue who he is. I've seen his name before though. I'm not likely to buy anything because of a person though. I'm usually more wary of something that has a famous face to it as I see it as a gimmick. I like makeup lines, that instead of taking the money they would have given to the spokes model to sell us crap, actually invest in making better products instead. It's much easier to tell a pop star to get on camera and say how wonderful it'll make you look though. 

hannahcee8

actually, there are lots of famous fashion houses (chanel and dior for example) with superb makeup (: marc jacobs is another one of those

trucie

oh yes!

chanel, dior, givenchy, giorgio armani, dolce & gabbana, and now MJ etc...

michael kors has a cosmetics line now, but I haven't try it yet

rikkie

[ Edited ]

I think she meant famous people she likes and knows of, not fashion houses. :smileyhappy:

trucie

MJ is really famous. He is used to be Louis Vuitton's designer. And the Marc Jacobs brand himself is also famous.

I love MJ <3

He has some cute tattoos with his gay bf lol

It's okay, he's talented x

neko333

(0) Hearts

Hmmmm you raised more questions.......who is Louis Vuitton. I know nothing of famous people or designers, except the ones I really like. Those typically have nothing in the "makeup" department. Maybe it's because they are all action/comedy stars. 

nakedlunch212

I don't feel one way or another about her as a person. I've only watched a couple of her YouTube videos. She's pretty and talented although I have read some unfavorable things about her character and shady business dealings. All the same, good for her that she's been able to capitalize on her popularity. As for her new makeup line, I do think it's way overpriced and the packaging looks cheap.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi
    • ChicDabbler
    • neko333