neko333

Michelle Phan makeup line

(0) Hearts

Just saw this on youtube. Has some good colors and concepts but really pricey. The palette (though it is big) is $75. They have single things as well  though. I doubt I will look into buying any of it until it has some reviews. 

aviscardi

Re: Michelle Phan makeup line

It totally looks like something for a teenager. not crazy about the packaging. and then $75 is a lot. the palette is huge and so bulky. Il be passing

sugarluvv

[ Edited ]

Lol im a teen and would rather prefer a sleek and less " barbie" type palette

KendraGurl

I think she is great.. I love her tutorials!!  The price for the large pallet does seem high, but it is refillable ... and comes with a travel pallet.  Which is nice .. since I hate lugging around the huge pallets.  I just wish it was sold somewhere so you could see how big it really is and how pigmented the color is...  But knowing me, I'd probably buy it!!  Such an addict!!!  :smileyhappy:

glossyguru

Her products are definitely priced to high end, but I'll have to see the reaction before I invest in a product. But the $75 life palette seems like a bit much. I feel like it's an overpriced version of those 88 color palettes. It would be too big to store and I would never reach for it. 

daetp

I go back and forth with Michelle Phan...sometimes I like her and other times I find her annoying. I did check out her website and have a look at all the makeup. The prices do seem a little steep but those palette are kind of an all in one. I will wait until some other YouTubers review them

trucie

I do like her a lot. She is so inspiring.

However, I feel like her makeup line is overpriced. I think it will be on sale soon.

sephoralovex

Not only does quality matter, but lasting power of the products. In the past I've been impressed by products but the lasting power killed it for me. I'm sure her products are priced the way they are considering packaging, formulation, etc. costs. Also to at least break even or make a little more. But like I said below, I don't see myself purchasing anything from her makeup line even though I enjoy some of her videos. When I first saw the products, I wasn't drawn to anything one bit.

neko333

I don't know a thing about her as a person other than she does makeup videos. I didn't even know she had made products prior to this. I just thought $75 for a makeup palette was a little crazy. It almost reminds me of those little kid palettes with a grownup price-tag. I like the idea of everything being in one place but that's about it. I looked at them but the problem with these things is for every color you actually like, you dislike about three. I like palettes I can actually build myself.  I just posted this because I thought someone may be interested. 

Missie772

$75 for it does seem really expensive, especially when many high end brands aren't even that expensive. I just looked it up and I saw that she was backed by Loreal! Craziness!

Yeah, I totally get where you see the little kid palettes. I think that is why my teenage sister would want it... everything in one place. Eh, I still think a gift card to Sephora would be better...

neko333

Get the gift card. Find her appropriate makeup. I can see a kid going crazy with some of the colors she has in these palettes. If you keep the crazy makeup away from the teenagers they aren't as likely to put it on. I can see how some people can make bright lips and eyes go together. However those are generally not teens. 

emmaclaire

She's a terrible person and I would not support her in any way, including buying "her" cosmetics.  She is a very shady person as far as I can tell, and quite mean.

JustACostume

(0) Hearts

I would never support her, she had a line of skin care that wasn't FDA approved and has lied to a ton of people about her products and in general. Mishbunny on tumblr may help some people.

Missie772

[ Edited ]

@emmaclaire- I don't know much about her. How is she shady and mean? My little sister basically worships her (I don't like her videos too much... most of them seem very fake/sponsored). But she wants some of her new makeup line for her birthday and I don't know what to do. I was thinking about just getting her a Sephora gift card instead... lol.

poohblueberry

@Missie772 - like a lot of people, I thought that she was nice and all that, but I heard (thru the internet) that she has a different image/side of her, such as not really being the "nice girl" that she portrays and that she had enhancements done (when she said basically that you should embrace your natural self).

As for your lil' sis, I would advise that you give her a Sephora gift card so that she can choose from better-quality cosmetics - I haven't heard anything about whether she lied to the FDA to get approval.

Anyways, $75 for a palette? I would spend that kind of money on a well-established, well-vetted and approved (by most people) company instead of one that was just established.

Marc Jacobs can command that kind of price-point because he's a well-known designer and has been "in the business" for a long time.

Michelle Phan on the other hand? Only you can decide. I mean, I like her videos and the knowledge that she puts out there, but I would research further and then decide.

carolang

Wow I was really curious of the price of the palette but didn't want to sign up for emails to look at the website (annoying!). When I heard people say it was expense I was thinking maybe $50 but sheesh $75. I personally don't like the design it's a little too bubbly for me... I wish it were sleeker. I'll pass.

sugarluvv

I wouldnt buy it even if its 20$. The quality looks cheap and for 75$ i would rather get a "high end" brand palette like dior or chanel.  Dont get me wrong i like michelle and watches all her videos when they come out for more then a yr already.  I just cant justify spending 75$ on an "new" brand.  

invisiblebike

I'm suspicious of her line. She lied about FDA approval for her skincare line, and a lot of people had adverse skin reactions.

Missie772

She had a skin care line? When? And how can one lie about FDA approval? I am so curious about her... my sister wants some items from her new makeup line (I think because all of her other teeny booper friends are getting it too) and I am not sure what to do.

sephoralovex

[ Edited ]

She had a skincare line long ago. Not too many people remember though. I'm a huge fan of her and her videos, but I'm not interested in her makeup one bit. I'd rather spend my money at Sephora.

FrodoBaggins

I would be more worried about the quality of the eye shadows and the ingredients in the skin products since I'm very picky about what I put on my skin.

lilmissmodel14

I saw it also, I agree $75 is pricey even if it is 4 different "looks" kinda. They do look pretty though.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 64 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • sephoramusthave
    • emmaclaire
    • sephoralovex
    • aviscardi
    • ChicDabbler
    • neko333