Answer
paledoll
Mascara

I am a mascara freak, and am looking for something new to try. My only two requirements: cannot have been tested on animals and hopefully makes the lashes look false. Any suggestions?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 7
artemisgem
Answered
[ Edited ]

I've recently discovered a fantastic mascara myself that meets all of your requirements: Tarte "Gifted Amazonian Clay Smart Mascara" (Sephora Product Page) This mascara has Sephora's natural seal and is not tested on animals. This is a reparative and volumizing mascara containing Tarte's biggest beauty breakthrough, Amazonian clay. This amazing mascara delivers a 406% increase in lash volume and long-term reparative, rebuilding, and strengthening benefits with each swipe giving you instant results and better lash health. The result is healthier and more voluminous lashes that won't ever flake or transfer, naturally. After daily wear, lashes are intact, healthier and stronger. I love this mascara because it volumizes and defines and separates almost as well as to look something like the impossibly huge and defined (and likely false) lashes you see on models in mascara ads. Also, even though this mascara gives your lashes a big boost, it still leaves lashes feelingsoft,  light and feathery, unlike other mascaras which can leave lashes feeling dry and stiff. This is a fabuIous multi-tasking mascara and I HIGHLY recommendit. I hope this helps you!:smileyhappy:

prettyinpa
Answered

Both MAC and Urban Decay don't test on animals, I like MAC Plush Lash and the Lush Lash System by Urban Decay.

Hope this helps!

tenngal
Answered

I would try (one of my all-time favs) Smashbox Hyperlash Mascara.  It does a great job of lengthening, thickening and it doesn't clump up.  The applicator wand has a comb on one side and a brush on the other so you can apply color and separate at the same time.  It does amazing things for my lashes and you can read more about it at:  http://www.sephora.com/browse/product.jhtml?id=P260308&categoryId=B70

By the way, not only does Smashbox Cosmetics not test their products on animals, but they have great cruelty-free store displays and a cruelty-free bunny logo on the top of their website.

Hope this helps and have a great day!
tenngal :smileyhappy:

waterbaby1981
Answered

Buxom Amplified Lash mascara.  I bought it a couple of weeks ago and LOVE IT.  Seriously, one coat each of volume and length makes it look like I'm wearing false eyelashes!  It's amazing.  No clumping and it really does what it says.  Try it!

pandapple6
Answered

I recently held a 'contest' of sorts, where you can vote on your favorite mascara, here is the link to Mascara vs. Mascara final! - BEAUTY TALK

katie1724
Answered

My favorite mascara (which I have used for years -- and which definitely makes my lashes look false!) is Too Faced Lash Injection -- it's a tubing mascara, and it makes my lashes look full and long. Too Faced does not test on animals and is cruelty-free.

: )

xoxcharlottexox
Answered
(0) Hearts

You can look up companies that don't do animal testing on peta's website, or google the brand and something like 'animal testing policy' and it should come up with something. I know Lancome, Shisedo, and Shu Umera DO allow animal testing. Some companies that make mascara that don't AND have false lash effect mascaras:

Benefit Cosmetics They're Real! Mascara

Buxom Buxom Amplified Lash Mascara

Dior DiorShow Mascara

High Impact Mascara

Chanel also doesn't animal test, but they're not sold at sephora :smileysad:

Hope this helps!!

xoxo, Charlotte

Question Stats
  • 7 answers
  • 12 hearts
  • 8 in conversation
    • tenngal