bananachoox3

Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

I'm super excited to try this foundation out. I'm a foundation junkie and I like what I'm reading from the description of this foundation. Can't wait to test this out in stores!

jellybean917

Re: Marc Jacobs Genius Gel Super-Charged Foundation

I didn't want to make a new thread for my swatches, so here they are!

MJ Swatches.jpg

I took this in my car outside of the mall. Sorry for the close-up of my arm hair slathered in sunscreen.

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Hey Jellybean,

Thanks for putting up your swatches.

That Lolita palette is one that I'm considering. Can you comment on the formula and the feel of the actual shadow? Are the colors special or different? 

jellybean917

I'd like to have played with the shadows more. They felt very smooth on my skin, and I think they're more pigmented than they appear in my photo. I'm honestly still debating whether I want to get this one or not. I think it's a really nice mix of browns/neutrals, but I'm not sure I can justify another palette like this. I can't really say any of the colors stand out as something incredibly novel in person.

I'm thinking about one of the other palettes instead since I don't have a lot of those colors and I enjoy the formula and feel.

But then again, the palette I'd wear most often is the Lolita, as I feel more comfortable in those colors. One of the cast members was wearing colors from the palette, and she looked great.

Sorry to be so on the fence! I have to think more about the palette, and probably swatch again. I tried on the foundation and loved it, and really want the Jazz(berry) highliner.

DoctorsMrs

Thanks Jellybean.  I understand being on the fence. The other palettes have colors of interest but I know I always end up reaching for those browns and neutrals. I don't really need another neutral palette (at all) but I also have many palettes with more color range and I barely use them. Not sure what to do. I don't NEED any of it but I really want some MJ in my collection. Definitely getting that Jazz(berry).

Kiki1517

I got a sample last night and tried it on this morning and don't really care for it. I think if you like the Nars foundations or other similar consistencies/finish you will like this one. The main reason it won't work for me is that there is no exact color match for me. It's very sheer and I had to apply 2-3 layers for the coverage I wanted and only the beauty blender worked with this. I also think that this foundation rubs off too easily and enlarges the appearance of my pores :smileysad:

DoctorsMrs

Helpful info @Kiki1517.  Thank you

If the foundation isn't a highlight of the collection I can focus my attentions on the eye products and lippies :smileyhappy:

That's more fun anyway :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

Yes, the eyeshadows were much more tempting, I just don't need anymore. The lighter blushes look pretty in the pan but barely have any pigment and...they are like barely bigger than a quarter, too expensive in my opinion. 

carolsag

(0) Hearts

anyone know the ingredients? the ones listed must have been put up in error as they are identical to the ones in Kat Von D"s lock it foundation. thank you, Carol

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Carolsag Thanks for the call out!  I sent a request  to have it updated to the correct list.

ghkim

Just got my face done at Sephora with all Marc Jacobs products including this one. I seem to be a 34 in Marc Jacobs. For reference, I'm a 118 or 125 in MUFE HD foundation. The texture is almost like a liquid foundation but slightly gel-like. It blends easily and does give a dewy finish. It was a little too dewy for me but I was able to correct for that by adding a matte setting powder. I also have dry skin to begin with. The coverage is medium, a bit less than MUFE. I've only been wearing it for about 3 hrs, but so far there has been no oxidation or wearing off. I would say this is a good foundation for a natural dewy/glowy look for people who don't need full coverage.

Spyski

(0) Hearts

That helped alot, thank you for that informative description! I

DeltaGammaGirl

(0) Hearts

SOOOOO Excited to try this!!!!

Spyski

Somebody please post swatches in this thread if you get the chance :smileyhappy:

viviene23

[ Edited ]

I was going to try to get full face makeup but it was busy and I had to go. I got some swatches but its not foundation. Here's some of the nail polishes that caught my eye and eye liners. By the way, the lipsticks are gorgeous...made my lips look plushy!marcjacobs1.jpg

polishes:

thumb- blue velvet

index- le charm<--- my fave

middle-oui<--really pretty

ring- shocking

pinky- gatsby

marc jacobs 2.jpg

eyeliners:

the only one missing is the black!

marcjacobs 3.jpg**the last swatch is not that good, I had to go home to take a pic so they're faded

ontheleft---the blue in style icon 3 shoe gazer

on the right--- the three middle colors of the style icon 7 the vamp

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

@vivien23-- do you know the shade name for the eyeliner that you swatched all the way on the left?  Is it Jazz (berry) ?

viviene23

Yes it is, it looked a little bronze in the pic for some reason but its actually a beautiful raspberry purplish color. I thought it was unique.

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

So tempting.  Do you think someone with pink undertones could pull it off?

ChicDabbler

Nice! Hmm, the nails don't look super shiny in the pic (except for metallics). Are they super shiny as the description claimed? have you tried the other non-metallic neutrals?

Oh man, now I want one of those lipsticks.....it's going on the wishlist along side my YSL and Givenchy.

viviene23

(0) Hearts

The sheen is comparable to chanel. It is darker in reality compared to the picture. I tried the pink beige polish on my other thumb that I didn't include in the pic. It is beautiful but needs a few coats to be opaque. I was wearing a pink nude polish by opi before I took it off in store and marc jacobs is definitely shinier in comparison. Overall, I think the polishes are worth checking out. Oh and so far, it hasn't chipped yet, it looks exactly like how I applied it and that is w/out  base or topcoat.

Spyski

Way to go even when you were in a hurry! :smileyvery-happy: I like that aqua/emerald colored eyeliner the best, so purdy!

I have heard about the lack of pigmentation for the shadows, did you find them lacking color?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 59 replies
  • 54 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • wendyomgwar
    • aviscardi
    • poshified
    • ChicDabbler