Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

[ Edited ]

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Closer look at the holiday palette

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 1.21.39 PM.png

That strange relief you feel when you're not tempted by a new collection. I got and LOVED last year's holiday palette but I don't this upcoming one will flatter me very much so I will take a pass. Still looking forward to everyone's reviews and pics though. Smiley Happy

At first I was a little unsure of the animal print but I am loving these colours!

(0) Hearts

More pics of the holiday stuff

Screen Shot 2017-06-11 at 11.07.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-11 at 11.08.36 AM.pngScreen Shot 2017-06-11 at 11.08.18 AM.png

Marc Jacobs direct, new lip kits

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 6.17.17 PM.png

Coconut eye primer - mid July

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 11.19.31 AM.png

[ Edited ]

Holiday collection sneak peek

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 5.42.35 AM.png

Screen Shot 2017-06-10 at 9.29.57 AM.png

[ Edited ]

I wish the packaging was more like the 2016 holiday sets. That metallic animal print looks kind of tacky. 

[ Edited ]

I don't like the animal print either. I liked the 2015 Sets lol. The 5 mini lipstick colors look very intriguing and useable. 

(0) Hearts

Hi everyone!

I have been hunting all over Queens, NY for the Night Owl and Lolita palettes. Has anyone found these in the city or LI and where? And has anyone heard of the Social butterfly being discounted as well?

Thanks in advance! 😊

Bushes and a coconut eye primer coming soon too!

Screen Shot 2017-05-21 at 6.08.10 AM.png

[ Edited ]

Some of the new palettes, coming in July

ETA: total of 6 new permanent palettes

top left - Frivoluxe (purples) 

top middle - Glambition (browns)

middle - Edgitorial (greens and golds)

bottom left - Provocouture (plums and pinks)

right - Scandalust (rusty)

bottom right - Smartorial (blues)

IMG_1327.PNG

(0) Hearts

I wonder, what they'll do with older packaging palettes. They took them off entirely from the Sephora site. Why not to put them on sale? SO it's better to cause harm to Earth by discarding them than re-cycle by giving opportunity to many people to have them?! Too bad thinking!

(0) Hearts

@Miazet maybe they'll be put on sale soon at sephora! Before then, they've been seen at discount retailers (marshalls & tj maxx) for a couple months at $20

Such pretty colors in quite a few of these palettes Smiley Surprised

The two green toned palettes and the one to the far right look promising!

I'm looking forward to seeing swtaches! I hope the pigmentation is good!

@Mochapjthanks for posting.  These are so pretty.  Eye palettes are my weakness lol.  Marc Jacobs was one of my first higher end eye shadows I ever bought.

I'm so excited for that orangey toned one off to the right 😍

Agreed!  That and the rosey toned one on the left were what caught my attention first.

Just an FYI for the MJ fans, they have posted on their IG that the existing 7 pan style eyecon palettes are going away to be replaced by something else.