Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

[ Edited ]

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

@RachM89, it says it is exclusive to the kit Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I guess I can't read today, hahah.

Thank you Smiley Happy

i have that liner from a kit and know the second paler color will no good on me but yet I want to buy this anyway LOL

@kethry70 I have the full size Role Play and I'm still debating it anyway lol. I love minis. They're a great way to try new things and I never finish a full size lip product anyway.  

Anyone on BT have any comments on the Air Blush Soft Glow Duos? I've been eyeing the Flesh & Fantasy one, it's too pretty! 

[ Edited ]

I recently just picked up lines and last night! Ive only used it a couple of times and so far I'm liking it! Smiley Happy I don't find that it has intense pigment from one swipe when swatched on the hand (but still a decent amount of color), although when I use my brush to apply the product, it picks up a good amount that can be intense on the cheeks if applied to liberally! The lack of intense color payoff when swatched could be though since the shade I bought is more on the lighter side of the colors to choose from. They are soft but definitely not as soft as some of the Marc Jacobs eyeshadows I have used. I haven't really noticed much powder kick up when I dip my brush in either and I feel like the wear time is pretty good Smiley Happy I'm enjoying the one I bought, but am I in a rush to pick up the rest right away? Probably not, but maybe another one eventually! Hope this is helpful! Smiley Happy @nikki25gee @Asche

Thank you for getting back to me! I think I will definitely pick up the one I want when the KVD promo goes live. YAY Smiley Happy @MissHaiL

(0) Hearts

@nikki25gee I bought Flesh & Fantasy and it is gorgeous! I hope you love it too. Smiley Happy

(0) Hearts

I've been eyeing the same one! Haven't bought it yet though, I've been waiting for a good promo. Smiley Tongue I'm really interested in seeing what people have to say about them.

Holiday

preview_BFA_16726_2088729.jpgpreview_BFA_16726_2088787.jpgpreview_BFA_16726_2088788.jpgpreview_BFA_16726_2088838.jpgpreview_BFA_16726_2088844.jpgpreview_BFA_16726_2089262.jpg

(0) Hearts

Ohhh I really like that patterned clutch in the second photo!

(0) Hearts

That brush set costs a heck of a lot of money but I love my MJ brushes and I've been waiting for them to come out with eyeshadow brushes. I'll be waiting for Sephora's 20% off sale to buy that one.

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 12.10.32 PM.png

(0) Hearts

That mini brush set though...

(0) Hearts

Do my eyes deceive me or the Object of Desire palette actually includes a blush, highlighter and a bronzer? That's a great value.

There's a second eye palette?!?! My poor wallet...

Another MJB at the top left

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 10.13.46 AM.png

I hope these 2 photos are more accurate because I like even betterimage.jpgimage.jpg

Hmmmm...I'm not sure how I feel about the MJ palette from this angle. Some of those colors look really beautiful. But that whole bottom row, and most of the second column. Not sure :/

I saw some other photos on the website in which the bottom row looked brighter- bottom left is a purple @Libellules

Holiday

Screen Shot 2016-07-14 at 10.04.13 AM.png