Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

[ Edited ]

This thread is the place to post sneak peeks of new products and special collections and to discuss all things Marc Jacobs Beauty!

If you are an existing fan or have questions about a particular product or want to explore the brand for the first time, feel free to join the discussion. And of course feel free to post about anything else related to MJ beauty should you be so inclined! I'm curious to know everyone's experience with the brand.

Spoiler

How I began the discussion back in December 2015:
To start off, I recently purchased the LE Style Eye Con No. 20 Holiday Palette during the VIB sale, but I have yet to use it or even swatch the colors on myself. It is currently still in "sacred relic" mode in my mind, but I'm also intimidated as it is my first ever large palette purchase. I'm not an eyeshadow expert by any means, in knowledge nor in application. I would like to begin this discussion by inviting those of you who have this palette to post eye looks that you have created with it. I need some ideas! Smiley Very Happy

holiday2015_marcjacobs20palette001.jpg

Re: Marc Jacobs Beauty | News & Discussion

Anyone else try the new Velvet Noir mascara?

I'm a fan of these types of mascaras, that build up the false eye lash look.  Works on my lashes but does it work on those with shorter lashes? 

I have it on in the video.

(0) Hearts

Very informative video thank you!

Yes received full size velvet noir major volume mascara. I really like it! It creates good volume and definition. It's right up there with my favorite mascaras from lancome.

I like these kinds of mascaras....

Thanks to the lovely Gwen, I now have the le Marc lip creme mini in magenta and I love it! Creamy enough but not slippy and a better color for me than boy gorgeous but more wearable than Blow. Also wearing Free Spirit shadows and black high liner againimage.jpg

I just found out I'm getting the new Marc Jacobs voxbox by influenster! So excited to try the new mascara!

I am too, I'm excited to try it! I'm still searching for my HG mascara.

Oooh, tell me more about this! Firstly, what is the new mascara? And secondly, what is Influenster and how do I also get this from them? Smiley Very Happy

(0) Hearts

I just saw this. I can send you a referral link by PM...will do...and then if you're interested...

/marc-jacobs-beauty-velvet-noir-major-volume-mascara 

Experience 1800% more volume and the look of false lashes with Velvet Noir Major Volume Mascara. The lash-maximizing, curvy brush places the most volume at the hard-to-reach center lash....

this is taken from the description given on the influenster page.  

Influenster is a program where you review products. So I started an account and reviewed a bunch of beaut products hat I've used. Then you earn badges. You can earn badges in different categories. I have received two boxes previously. First was YSL touche eclat blur primer and YSL touche eclat blur perfector (which is full size). Then I received the YSL black Opium box. It contained a deluxe perfume. You have reviews you must complete on multiple sites. I found it easy to complete.

[ Edited ]

On the Sephora YouTube channel, they have a quick little video about this new mascara Smiley Happy Looks really interesting! I went on to YouTube and just searched "Marc Jacobs mascara" and a few videos down is a video about the new one coming out Smiley Happy

Don't know if it will work, but here is the link to the clip Smiley Happy 

http://youtu.be/j4iU0H_Nr_E

(0) Hearts

Thanks! I just watched it, will be interesting to see how it performs.

[ Edited ]

You inspired me to go back to this palette again- I used column 4 which had been untouched Smiley Tongue

ETA: pardon my eyebrows - I'm overdue for getting them threaded Smiley Tongue

photo 1(1).JPG

Oh this is lovely too! I want to try using column four. Once you opened my eyes to the fact that the shades are grouped by column, I think it makes a lot more sense now. Smiley Very Happy

Hands down this has been my favorite purchase of the season. I used it maybe 3/4 times and the green shade is gorgeous. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpegimage.jpeg

(0) Hearts

You look gorgeous as always! Which colors did you use in the 3rd photo??

The third photo is the third vertical row from left. 

Thank you!

(0) Hearts

You look so pretty in green! 

(0) Hearts

Thank you!

(0) Hearts

How did you get that overhead shot of your beautiful eyeshadow?? Smiley Surprised

(0) Hearts

Lord only knows. I got lucky because I can't for the life of me do lid shots.