Cheer14

Makeup settling into the lines around mouth

(0) Hearts

No matter what makeup I use by the end of the work day I noticed that makeup has settled into spots along the crease from my nose to mouth. It appears to be flaky/dry but usually I can just grab a brush and blend it back together, but is there anyway to stop this from happening? It really does not look good, like my face is cracking haha I use moisturizer, a cc cream and foundation currently. I used to use a primer and still happened with that so I really do not know how to fix it. Also I have oily skin.

beautylovingirl

Re: Makeup settling into the lines around mouth

(0) Hearts

I would definitely go back and try a different primer. Use a primer like the Kat Von D's rehab elixir primer to help plump up that particular part of your face or also I use Bare Minerals Prime Time Primer and I have oily skin and it keeps my makeup looking flawless all day long. Also try setting your foundation with the MUFE HD powder it will help lessen the look of lines as well. All you need to use in what's in the lid after you open it and just roll it across your face with a big fluffy powder brush. Hope this helps!

lylysa

Re: Makeup settling into the lines around mouth

(0) Hearts

To help smile lines, try a quick acting serum that helps soften them. I stand by and use Ole Henriksen's Truth Serum for this (along with on some post acne marks when they pop up to help lighten them).

The Truth Serum contains vitamin C, which helps to boost collagen production in skin to help skin become more supple along with giving anti-oxidant protection and promoting a more even skin tone. It also contains sodium hyaluronate, which is a fast acting humectant that binds healthy moisture to skin, plumping up areas of fine lines to soften their appearance.

swfupload_1113879400205594548.jpg

Lightly tap and apply it into trouble spots before your moisturizer. You might also try using primer that may be more rich in silicone/dimethicone as it forms a smooth barrier over skin (the ones that have the silky texture) like Benefit's Porefessional or Too Faced's Primed & Poreless (pink tube). Tap and "press" the primer onto the lines rather than just rubbing and smoothing over the spots.

If the lines are a bit more severe, you might look into a serum that also contains peptides, which work instantaneously and long term to increase the volume in skin. Peptides work by absorbing into skin and filling in the gaps and damaged portions of collagen and elastin, the particles "swell" and plump up, helping lines in a sense to "rise" and become smoother.

Kate Somerville has a gentle, oil free serum (Cyto Cell) as to not feel heavy or greasy and is great for AM or PM use:

swfupload_2651261766517251444.jpg

Conversation Stats
  • 2 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 3 in conversation
    • lylysa
    • beautylovingirl
    • Cheer14
Photos2
  • swfupload_2651261766517251444.jpg
  • swfupload_1113879400205594548.jpg