Answer
Yulenni
Makeup for the Newbie

Hello, my name is Yulenni, I am fifteen years old, and I wish to start wearing make up. As you can tell from the title, I'm a newbie when it comes to the world of make up and am utterly clueless on where to start.

I have read some other conversations, and therefore know that it is better to give some information before hand to begin with.

I have black hair and dark brown eyes, I am also Latina, with a medium-olive skin tone (or at least close to that area - again, I am a beginner). My skin itself is average. I don't have severe acne scars but my skin is also far from flawless, my chin is the area that is most prone to acne break outs, however those do not occur often. My nose particularly gets quite oily, especially on a hot day, and I don't really like that.

Personally I would like to begin somewhat slowly - my mom is not particularly fond of me wearing make-up at fifteen, saying that my skin will age faster if I do. She's okay with me doing it, as long as it isn't too extreme. I don't necessarily plan on wearing buckets of make up every day, but some just to cover up a few spots on my face and make myself feel more confident. Therefore I ask that you not mention colors such as hot pink or neon green (I'm sure that you probably wouldn't anyways, since that's a bit extreme, but you get the picture.)

I'm sorry if that's a bit too much to ask, and I'm sorry that it sounds a bit ignorant, but once again, noting the title I am a newbie, and need coaching in this strange and unfamiliar world. Thank you.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Nicia
Answered
(0) Hearts

Check out the Naked 1 and Naked 2 palettes from Urban Decay! Each of them is $50, filled with 12 full sized eyeshadows. All of the colors in these palettes are neutral, so you won't have to worry about wearing too dramatic of a look and can keep looking natural. As for oily skin, I'd recommend Rimmel's Stay Matte Powder, which can be picked up at drugstores and keeps you looking fresh all day. Happy shopping!

Question Stats
  • 8 answers
  • 1 heart
  • 9 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • rainbow781
    • cutiecocolove
    • Graceann
    • MakeupLvr17
    • Yulenni
    • CTaylor919
    • Nicia