Answer
laurenn123
Makeup for a navy blue dress?

I'm going to a wedding next month and I'm wearing a navy blue dress with silver jewelry. I have light brown hair and dark brown eyes with a fair to medium complexion. What should I wear for makeup? 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Answers: 3
janinebt
Answered

Hi laurenn123,

Since navy blue is such a bold color, I would recommend going with a soft neural look, which is very wedding-flattering. Soft browns, champagnes, and tan shadows. Since you have fair features I'd recommend pairing a neutral eye look with a soft pink or peach lip color. Are you more of a lipstain, lipstick, or gloss type of lady? I usually recommend going with a lipstain for weddings, simply due to the fact that it minimizes lip color touch ups even after drinks and a meal. In terms of a cheek hue I would suggest also going with a shade that is within the same color family as your lips, to aid in balancing your overall look. Hope this helps!

All Eye Need Eye Shadow Palette - Henrietta

Whimsically yours,
Janine
fruitysquirt
Answered
(0) Hearts

With navy blue, play up your eyes. I would use metalic, preferably with a light pinkish hue. I recomend the BareEssentials eyeshadow in Celestine, but they have other great colors.

lov3mak3up
Answered
(0) Hearts

i think coral complements Blue very nicely i would say check out the Lancome color desing 5 pan palette in coral crush you can go either neutral or dramatic with it and create so many versatile looks 

COLOR DESIGN
Eye Brightening All-in-One 5 Shadow & Liner Palette

Question Stats
  • 3 answers
  • 3 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • lov3mak3up
    • fruitysquirt
    • janinebt
    • laurenn123