beckybeccabec
Accepted Solution

Makeup for High School Freshman

(0) Hearts

I'm going into a private high school this up coming September and I want to know what kind of makeup to wear. I have light brown eyes and have olive skin. I wore only eyeliner and mascara in 8th grade. I don't want anything too complex or too flashy. I would like tips on how to prevent smudging on eye makeup and what types and colors of lip glosses/stains/sticks to wear. Thanks a bunch.

pinkintellect15

Re: Makeup for High School Freshman

(0) Hearts

This is easy for me because we are the same skin tone. I recomend  bronze lid because it guves you simmer but still natural. Use waterproof eyemakeup for it not to budge. Lastly I recomend rosy lips lipsugence by tarte in enchanted, wild rose by korres. Dab the clors on so it won't be to dark but the lip stain is sheer. And go for MAC's bronze it isn't too shiny

deeanababy

(0) Hearts

before buying makeup,  invest in a good make-up remover if you are about to use makeup daily. Try korres cleansing wipes or clinique makeup remover.

Be sure to use lightweight moisturizer with SpF like everyone suggested. Emphasis on the SpF.

You have the advantage of being young and are able to get away with nude lips with just lipbalm ( try sugar lipbalms) and invest in a good mascara ( try lancome doll lashes) . Bare essentials powder as foundation wont break your skin out ( i have sensitive skin) and its a superfast routine in the morning!!

Go the cheap route for eyeliner and eyeshadows from sephora line. Have fun :smileyhappy: And dont forget to wash it all off at night. Preserve your skin while its young !

Dee

beckybeccabec

(0) Hearts

Thank you everyone! All of your answers put together answered all of my questions. They were exactly what I was looking for! 

beautytester

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Definitely wear a moisturizer and lip balm with SPF15 or more. The SPF in cosmetics are currently not held at the same standard as skincare, so it may protect against sunburn but not premature aging due to the sun etc. FDA has come out a new regulation holding cosmetic SPF at the same standard as skincare, but it doesn't come into effect until this December. You should reapply SPF lip balm after every meal. I remember a study years back that found women don't get as much lip cancer as men because we wear lip protection, and those "who used lip protection once a day or less had twice the risk of lip cancer than women who used lip protection more than once a day".

If you have dry lips, Fresh Sugar Lip SPF15 is the most moisturizing while giving sheer flattering color. If dry lips is not a problem, Maybelline Babylips SPF20 gives very pretty sheer color (I have cherry which looks blood red, but comes out sheer light baby pink). You may think you are too young to worry about dark spots and premature aging, as I did, but sun damage accumulated in your early years don't really show until you are in your 20s, so SPF protection is important.

Enjoy your high school! As long as you are mindful of SPF and acnes, you are good to go. =)

Poshcd9

(0) Hearts

I think the Lorac starry eyed trios especially in the bronzey tones would look awesome and is totally appropriate for school with a little smudge brown eyeliner. Lorac eyeshadows stay on really well by themselves (and I have oily lids) but if you use a eyeshadow primer like urban decay's it will for sure help! and for lips I would suggest maybe just a tinted lip balm like benefits benetint for lips as it has a pop of color but still isn't over powering! Good luck in school!

angiemai

(0) Hearts

Since you are a freshman in high school I recommend to keep your makeup natural and glowing. I would suggest wearing a bb cream because its very light weight and it does so much for the skin! Also, I would use brown/gold eye makeup. To prevent smudging eye makeup... First I would use regular eyeliner and grab an eyeshadow that matches the eyeliner and slightly dab it on., by doing that it helps keep the makeup in place. and also, I would use an eye primer or liquid foundation if you want a cheaper alternative. Lastly, lipstains!! I am in love with lipstains... I would recommend using clique chubby sticks! They are somewhat similar to revlon. and another product I would also recommend is SUGAR. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 6 replies
  • 0 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • pinkintellect15
    • beautytester
    • Poshcd9
    • deeanababy
    • beckybeccabec
    • angiemai