fluffymuha

Makeup companies that annoy you with their marketing. Go!

Lately, for me, it's been Ipsy. I signed up (but didn't complete everything), and now they send me at least 2 emails daily, bombarding me with this or that. I hate it when companies say they won't spam you ("We love you too much to spam you!") and then you end up with this very specific hate towards the company :smileyvery-happy:

spacesuit

Re: Makeup companies that annoy you with their marketing. Go!

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Any email from a makeup company that isn't either a discount/coupon code or a sale notice (for example a flash sale) goes straight to the trash, especially when it's reminders about a new collection. I already know about upcoming releases from the 235639669699 beauty blogs I read :smileywink:

The one company I unsubscribed from was benefit because all of their emails had cutesy, psuedo-retro ad copy that I found really annoying.

hypnoticpoise

(0) Hearts

Not in this order, some companies that send too many emails -

1. Trish McEvoy (especially since the ONE thing I want from them is the No. 9 Blackberry Vanilla Musk fragrance which never qualifies for their advertised sales *sighs*)

2. Bath & Body Works (I have to be in the mood to shop with them, and I haven't been in awhile but they seem to send several emails a day)

3. Clinique (same as Bath and Body Works)

4. Groupon (not a makeup company, but I am only keeping them because of the awesome Sephora gift card special they had last year, otherwise I'd unsubscribe)

5. Pacifica natural fragrances, nice company but their emails are excessive

FuturePedNP

SIGMA.... I had to unsubscribe... 

ry22

(0) Hearts

Sigma and BareMinerals are the worst for me. Sephora's emails are frequent enough to generate interest but not so I feel like I will drown in them.

meecheroo

(0) Hearts

La Mer was sending out e-mails way too often. I only signed up to get free samples, but now I couldn't care less about receiving them and unsubscribed.

BuxomBabe80

I agree on Ipsy being annoying, but mostly because I can't stand many of the YouTubers who hawk their products (specifically Crispy and Desi - they wear so much makeup I thought they were drag queens the first several times I saw them on YT). 

knadala

(0) Hearts

ELF (Eyes Lips Face)

I like their studio line products but my goodness, I don't need an email every other day!

heartsmyface

(0) Hearts

I don't like getting the sephora 'review our products' either. Mostly because I live on Canada and the mailing system is slow here And I don't usually have the product At the time I get the email.  If the email would come a couple months later I'd have tried the product thoroughly and would be able to give a more accurate and useful review.

imbeautiful

oh!!! JustFab annoys me also!!!! I have asked them to STOP sending me emails but they continue. I dislike the site and feel the shoes are not of good quality and well the emails just bugs bugs bugs me!

ireneh

I really hate the Sephora "review our products" emails... is there a way to unsubscribe to those specifically???

DesertRose0706

yea, those are soooo annoying!

lucyshnoosy

I agree!  Those are the only Sephora emails that I don't want.

fluffymuha

Me too! I also wish Sephora could somehow know when we return a product... It gets awkward when they joyfully ask for a review when I hated the product so much so that I returned it the same day it came in the mail :smileyvery-happy:

mdelrosario91

My gmail account noticed the amount of emails Sigma would send, and automatically put the emails in my junk folder! Now I don't see them at all! HAHAHA! 

JayReed

(0) Hearts

I think I need to do the same!

infinitise

(0) Hearts

I hate it when I feel like I'm paying for the marketing and brand name, in the sense that their actual product is just;; bad. 

It still bothers me, but a lot lesser to a degree if the products are actually good. but when they use top most expensive celebrities, get their name posted everywhere, and make it obvious that they don't spend much time, effort and money on their products by using cheap ingredients, having bad technology, etc, its just annoying.. I know I can just go about not buying them, but just the fact that they're there irritates me.. 

problem is worse if they use fake paid reviews, comments, youtubers and ads on forums 

starsandbucks

Ditto on Sigma! So annoying!

I'm signed up with MAC, UD, and Too Faced and they all send just the right amount of emails. Lorac is starting to verge on too many but it's not at the point of obnoxious yet. I can't think of who else I get emails from.

JayReed

Sigma!! They send me at least 2 emails a day and it annoys me badly. This isn't makeup but JustFab is the most annoying website EVER!! 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 18 replies
  • 22 hearts
  • 17 in conversation
    • ry22
    • hypnoticpoise
    • lucyshnoosy
    • DesertRose0706
    • knadala
    • infinitise