wingatprsct

Makeup Mistakes?!!!!

So it's Monday.....I had a long week, a longer weekend, and this morning was another Monday.  As I was applying my makeup, I realized I had put my eyeshadow primer on as concealer and my concealer on my eyelids!  To top it off, I sneezed while my mascara was wet and I looked like a one-eyed raccoon!  Have you ever had one of those days?  What makeup mistakes have happened to you?

Jewllya

Re: Makeup Mistakes?!!!!

When applying makeup I use a small desk mirror, because it has a magnifying side, and too many times iv bumped my eye and so it ends up watering/i grab it so i just get a huge smudgy mess. Then i have to start again, and my eye stays red for a while after...Plus it burns!

Spoiler

jazmuffs

I can totally relate...when you just spent such a long time doing your eye makeup and are about to do your eyeliner and you start at the wrong spot and use makeup remover on a corner of your eye and turns out it has oil so now the eyeliner won't "paint" and your false lashes won't go on either. Eekk! Lesson learned lol 

ShimmerDust

Those days when you're putting on your eyeliner and you can't get a straight line across your eyelid, so you make it thicker and thicker to the point where you look like a raccoon with holes where your eyes should be. Then you try to take it off, and it smears, and then you look like you have the worst dark circles in the world, etc. Happens to everyone, and yet that never seems to make any of us feel any better about it.

rikkie

Oh goodness, you've described it perfectly. I did this one the other day. *facepalm*

LCResz

When BB creams first came out I figured I'd use it as a primer and then use my liquid foundation AND THEN my finishing powder.... Holy crackers, when I saw myself wide awake and in daylight I darn near keeled over. I looked like a contestant in a Toddlers and Tiaras pageant... Now it's BB cream OR foundation, lesson learned!

wingatprsct

(0) Hearts

That is soooo funny!  I've thought about doing that, so I guess I won't try it.  I always look at myself in my car mirror (natural light) before I leave the house, just to make sure that nothing looks "off."  I also check to make sure my neck line is blended well .  If one of my boys is with me, I'll ask them to look and see if I have on shoes (not house shoes) and matching earrings!

annonymous1

[ Edited ]

The worst for me is 

when i forget to do my eyes before my face, and then i use shadow and it gets all over my cheeks. 

when i rub off a little eyeliner or mascara and forget that i did and i put my hand against my face and i have a black smudge down my face

i forget to put foundation on my forehead alot, i have bangs that cover them regardless lol

also when i do my liquid liner, and i think its dry and i rub it or something, like sneeze or put my hair over it and it makes a huge black line and ruins everything! :smileysad:

ChicDabbler

Not quite mistakes but:

- sometimes I apply face make up in the wrong order and end up wiping off the concealer. Or I panic when I see the dry patch of skin on my face being emphasized with make up, try to fix it, and end up just wipe off the whole thing.

- so I intentionally use a lipstick as eyeshadow to experiment with a particular look, but I forgot it was long lasting lipstick and it did NOT want to come off....so I had a slight pink/red eye for a day. =X

melissabt

Hi Wingatprsct,

I sometimes forget to apply mascara! I look in the mirror and realize somethings 'off' and I realized I totally forgot to put on mascara:smileysad: Blush is another one, especially when I'm in a rush.

<3 Melissa
prosopon

I do this all the time!  Now I just keep a tube of mascara at work for those days and quickly remedy the mistake.

bananachoox3

I remember when I was taking my makeup off one night and I was supper tired that night that I accidentally used my contact solution as my eye makeup remover. I was like why isn't anything coming off? LOL

arielaaaaaaaa

Well, Not a makeup mistake, But i was extremely tired this morning, I didn't sleep a wink last night and i got in the shower, accidentally used my conditioner as shampoo, rinsed it out and turned the water off, then i was like Wait.... that's not right and had to start all over lol.

melissabt

Oh my goodness, I've done this too! Or I get out of the shower and totally forgot that I didn't use conditioner.

<3 Melissa
wingatprsct

Thanks for the laughs and making me feel better, knowing I'm not alone!  So far today has been a better day.  Hope yours is too!

missjr

I'm embarrassed to admit this, but I sometimes have to turn my air-conditioning up to sub-zero temperatures because as my body is changing, I start perspiring profusely at any given moment.

I hate when that happens and just like clockwork, just as I'm applying my primer and just before foundation, I have to stop and cool off by drinking ice water.  Otherwise, I'll be a human oil slick before the foundation even touches my face.

Please don't tell me I'm the only one this happened to!

ChicDabbler

Yes to the air conditioner. I usually don't do masks in the summer cuz then my face sweat, so I have to sit in front of the AC the whole time, from when I applied the mask to when I take it off. =/

rikkie

Wet mascara sneezes are the worst! It shouldn't be possible to make that much of a mess of your face that easily!

I am super blind without my glasses on, so I tend to put on my makeup holding a mirror about an inch from my nose. The number of times I have bumped my hand/pencil/brush/whatever on there when applying liquid liner, mascara, anything really is astounding. Last night I got eye serum too close to my eye and it got smeared all over and burned so much! One eye was normal and one was bright pink all over, ouch.  Totally put on lipstick before brushing my teeth way too often as well.

DesertRose0706

on more than one occasion i have mistaken tooth paste for my nightly acne cream... tooth paste is not fun to wash off the face lol

poshified

You know, I've actually heard that toothpaste works as a good spot treatment too!

clarks18

It's a great spot treatment!  That's what I use when I have a bad blemish is toothpaste!  Dries it right out and helps the swelling go down.  Any toothpaste I have on hand I'll use.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 31 replies
  • 83 hearts
  • 21 in conversation
    • prosopon
    • arielaaaaaaaa
    • annonymous1
    • dianabt
    • melissabt
    • poshified