Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

We've all done it before! Here's the place to tell stories about how you messed up your makeup, "duh!" moments, or just pure embarrassment everywhere.... :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Gifs, pictures, and general wackiness is welcome. Let's just roll around in our own fails.

Re: Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

It happens most often when I've just eaten -- or as it happens more often, when I've just baked. I'm one of those that licks the batter off the beater when I've poured most of it into a pan and tossed it into the oven, and if I'm wearing dark lipstick... forget it! It ends up all over my chin!

:smileyvery-happy: eating yummy baked goods or batter almost makes up for it :smileyvery-happy:

I'm addicted to bold lipsticks, and I have to constantly touch up, even when it's liquid/stain. So embarrassing when it's all over your teeth like black licorice! :smileytongue:

(0) Hearts

I am in 100% agreement here! Lipstick always ends up on my teeth when I least expect it! 

Oh, thought of a good recent fail- the other weekend I went out and had tightlined and waterlined using a Julep eye pencil that I got in a mystery box that I felt like I should at least try.  It went on super smooth and nice, and I went out to the bar with friends and then rode the train home with them.  When I got home, I looked in the mirror and realized that the julep liner had migrated literally all over my under eye area.  it looked like I had been crying!  I nearly murdered my fiance for not telling me that I, uh....had something under my eyes!  ARGH.

Ugh. I've had things like that happen before, and when I ask my boyfriend WHY he couldn't tell me, he's like "I don't know anything about makeup, I thought maybe it was...the look you were going for?" 

Yes. I wanted to look like I was crying all night. -_-

Hahaha oh nooo.  :smileysad:

Oh, I just remembered another one. My friend's mom gave us a ton of her old Mary Kay makeup, and we used the foundation primer. My friend is very tan. I'm very pale. But neither of us were ever orange until we put the primer on. And we thought we were hot potatoes. Went out on the scene like a pair of oompa loompas!

Seriously, I think makeup companies should acknowledge that no human is orange. Please stop making orange-toned foundation/bronzer/self-tanner! I love the show, but orange is *never* the new black. 

I am surprise.. no one mentioned lipstick on teeth! Sephora Rouge Lipstick.... went from on lips to teeth even with tissue blotting. Never again Sephora.... never again.

Mary Kay foundation... my best friend's bridal shower... let's just say that the foundation didn't spread very well and I over applied with my fingers.  The shade also did not match...

End result - Casper the friendly ghost with bold red lips

NEVER AGAIN!

Mary Kay foundation is really just...bad.  My mom used it for years and it never, ever looked right.  

My BB creme reacted with my sunscreen and turned my face orange. Of course, nobody said anything about it! Those.... people! 

Yes, those..... people! :smileywink:

I had a mouse like foundation that literally melted off my face one very hot day. What wasn't dripping off my face was left patchy and two toned. It looked horrible.

I also one day quickly did my eyeliner. I noticed hours later that not only were they not even one did a zig-zag. Worst part was I couldn't fix it and had to wear it like that all day.

All through school though I used to put on my mascara by brushing my mascara brush against my lashes until it touched my lid. I looked like I had raccoon eyes everyday. I would then take baby oil and clean off my eyelids and then apply my eyeshadow. My Mom was the only one that knew I did this. She was always amazed that is sloppy as I put it on it looked good when I was done.

I still have problems with the muddy shadow look. I have some eyeshadow quads that always do this no matter what I do. I think I need to invest in more expensive eyeshadow and not drugstore ones. I just have trouble committing to buying any one pallet. 

Walmart used to get these wonderful Cover Girl makeup kits, around the holidays I think. As a young teenager, these were so exciting for me. Well I picked up one kit that had blue everything. So this little Ms. Thinks she is too cool girl, wore all of it at once. Blue eyeshadow, blue eyeliner, blue mascara. One of moms best friends finally told me it was too much. I'm sure my mom had told me the same thing many times, but you know, what do moms know? Oh well....

I used to apply my eyeshadow with the sponge applicators.

Then when I finally got an eyeshadow brush it was like, a $2 one off ebay, and I had ONE brush.

You can imagine it wasn't a pretty sight! :smileyvery-happy:

Oh sponge applicators!  There was no blending of the shadows!

Yup and since I was clueless after I did one color I just dipped it back into the next color pan and slathered it on...and then got confused when every color just looked like mud!

(0) Hearts

Heehee, that's too funny! :smileyhappy:  I remember I used to only apply eyeshadow with my fingers. Then I wondered why the eyeshadows got this greasy film on them.

I am seriously inept when it comes to self-tanner.  (I've gotten a little better in past few years but not by much.)

My first St. Tropez experience was a "scarred for life" type of experience.  My feet and knees were orange.  I desperately tried scrubs, lemon juice, you name it to get the color to fade with no luck.  Several days later it was no better - my legs were splotchy and my toes were still orange.  *shudders*  

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Photos10
  • upload_7900861185401192344.gif
  • 200x200px-ZC-ee82c707_cringe.gif
  • baddecisions1.jpg
  • spot.png
  • large.jpg
  • Polaroids-686x428.png
  • image.jpg
  • shudder1wd7.jpg
  • upload_3199178966856791305.png