evno

Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

We've all done it before! Here's the place to tell stories about how you messed up your makeup, "duh!" moments, or just pure embarrassment everywhere.... :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Gifs, pictures, and general wackiness is welcome. Let's just roll around in our own fails.

StyleLynn

Re: Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

I wasn't allowed wearing makeup until I was 16 so when I was around 13/14 after my Mom left for work I would raid her makeup bag. I had really bad acne at the time and was convinced that no one would notice it if I wore foundation so I would sneak a pump of hers and apply it before school. The problem was my Mom was super tan and I'm extremely pale (MUFE HD 110), I got away with it for about 3 months before she noticed because I would wash it off as soon as I got home from school, before she got home from work but one day she got home early. I can only begin to imagine now how ridiculous I looked back then and I wish one of my friends had said something but it did make me feel better about myself at the time.

heatherbee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

I also had the oxidized foundation experience.  This was actually just a few weeks ago with a sample I got from Sephora, too.  When I finally looked in a mirror and discovered that my friends had kept silent, I was like, really? You guys couldn't tell me? lol

upload_5381331308703136425.jpeg

heatherbee

I have really light eyebrows, and I was getting them waxed one day when the lady (not my usual girl) said I should tint my eyebrows so I wouldn't have to powder them everyday.  She used wayyyy too dark a color on me.  It looked like someone took a sharpie to my face.  I had a first date later that night too. I showed up wearing the biggest sunglasses I could find.

This looks about right, minus the unibrow lol

upload_3199178966856791305.png

green71191

When i thought i was a pro at filling my brows. Embarrassing. 

carolang

Oh gosh Lylysa is right sparkly body gel and frosted pink lipstick! I wore the Burt's Bees one constantly! Not a good look...

gogreyhound

(0) Hearts

I still remember when  my best friend in 9th grade used a self tanner (this was when self tanners really, really, reeeeeeleeee sucked) it was so dark and streaky, her legs looked like they were carved out of wood.  Me? Hmmm...Too dark eyebrows and lips at one point in high school , and white undereye concealer when I went to modeling school and they sold me all their products. I was more of a perm perpetrator, but that is another thread altogether...

btmod2

Hi evno! 

I love hearing about makeup fails! A big trend when I was in 7th grade was a white eyeliner trend. I lined my waterline and lower lash line with white eyeliner and it was not cute! I also tried the whole dark lip liner thing with clear lip gloss on top - neither of the makeup looks were cute on me! :smileywink:

Best,

Randee

roxystar4

(0) Hearts

I remember the white eyeliner trend & dark lipliner with gloss! Lol. 

dollface131313

does anyone remember frosty lipstick? the horror i had blue and frosty baby pink in the early days so so bad!

lylysa

Giiiiirllllll, you could not touch me and my frosted pink lipstick back in the day! Ha! I sported it with my glitter body gel too! Woop woop!!!! And my hair mascara! Oh the perils of having dark hair and wanting bright, bold colors without actually bleaching!

firefly02

(0) Hearts

I have sensitive eyes, and I wear contacts. Took me waaaay too long to getting used to stop rubbing my eyes and smearing my eye makeup all over the place. And the thing is, I didn't even realize I was doing it, so I had no idea my makeup is messed up until I got to a mirror!

RolyPoly

In junior high, I used so much gel it got all hard and looked wet. Lots of laughs. A friend combed it out and made it look good. Funny now it's in fashion, although not to the extent I did it. :smileyhappy: 

iheartmakeup95

In tenth grade, my mom gave me one of Sephora's full face holiday value sets. I didn't realize that it was just that--a holiday set. It was two glitter eyeliners, a dark gray eyeshadow, mascara and dark eye kohl. I packed on the eyeshadow, patted on gold and silver glitter all over my lids, and smudged the kohl all over my lower lash line. I thought I looked like hot stuff! Once I realized that I was wearing wayyy too much makeup at school, I got into a red lipstick phase and put it on every day after lunch at school. And I would put on too much of it and whenever I would smack my lips together, I ended up looking like the Joker. It was a bad time.

Thank goodness for YouTube tutorials.

chelsd

I just makeup failed today!  Did a pretty red matte lip for work but by midday I was feeling a little dry and grabbed some gloss to put on top, even though I knew this would make the color slick.  So I went about my business for the rest of the day and got done and in my car and look in the rear view mirror.  Bright red smeared all over my face below my lower lip.  I think I smacked my top lip together and over my bottom lip and onto my face?? Smh, shoulda known better.  I should have taken a picture for you all. 

HawaiianEyes7

My first beauty product was mascara, and I remember putting like 50 coats on. It probably looked like I had 5 very thick, spiky, clumpy eyelashes lol.

image.jpg

This isn't me, but I probably looked something like this.

YouAreAlways

This is actually an "artistic" picture of real fly leg lash extensions. 

HawaiianEyes7

Seriously? I think I just threw up a little. :smileyfrustrated:

YouAreAlways

I swear to god. If you look at the bottom righthand side you can see they are even rubbing together like fly legs do. 

lylysa

Oh, hai! The fly looks like Mr. Burns from The Simpsons with his fingers moving when he says, "Excellent!"

kbmatthews

Haha it's true! I saw a design blog post this a while back. They're real fly legs!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 217 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • marydiva
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4