evno

Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

We've all done it before! Here's the place to tell stories about how you messed up your makeup, "duh!" moments, or just pure embarrassment everywhere.... :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Gifs, pictures, and general wackiness is welcome. Let's just roll around in our own fails.

roxystar4

Re: Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

this picture made me shutter

shimmerbait

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, I entered some sort of give-away contest from a magazine, probably Seventeen or YM. I ended up winning a makeup sampler pouch with the works: eyeliner, mascara, lip stick, powder, foundation, etc. It was all preselected colors and was not matched to the recipient. I had zero experience with foundation at that point, but I had it and I was going to use it! I'd say I was an average shade of pastiness. Although I don't remember what shade this Cover Girl foundation was named, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called "Orange Goddess to the 856th Power." I never bothered to try it before wearing it to school, I just applied it some random morning and off I went. I thought I looked so hot and grown-up!  The only comment I received was from a boy I liked, "Wow you are so bronzed." I took it as a compliment, what did I know??

This happened to occur at the same time when I adhered to the policy "the thicker the eyeliner, the better."

serioustree

(0) Hearts

HAHA! I've done the same thing!

evie25202

I  remember in high school Clean &  Clear has s powder that " helped cover up blemishes".  So I  put it over my cheeks  and forehead since that was where I  broke out. I. ended up looking like a pale light blue ghost. Luckily I was goth at the time, so I was already going  for the  pale look. But god the  pictures I have if myself in high school.  I really  wished someone showed me how to use makeup to cover it.

dollface131313

(0) Hearts

omg i remember this stuff! i used it often i probably looked terrible thank god i don't have photos from then 

BrennaBombshell

OMG I remember that stuff! I used it too! I was already ghostly white, but the pale blue made me look sick. I got weird looks constantly, but thought it was just the greatest thing ever! I needed to take a leaf outta the Clueless book and do a "I don't rely on mirrors so I always take Polaroids".

Polaroids-686x428.png

ghkim

i wore tom ford lipstick in a bright orange-red color. thought i looked fab, and i felt so fancy wearing TF lipstick. went to a fancy brunch, even wore a dress. i ordered a sandwich. biting into the sandwich caused the lipstick to transfer to my chin, so i wore bright orange-red lipstick on my chin for the rest of the lunch, and guess what? tom ford lipstick has great staying power! once i realized what had happened, i could not get it off my chin until i went home and used makeup remover.

ShinyMagpie

I have done this. I was lucky and it was a more nude color and the lighting was dim. As soon as I went to the bathroom and saw it I had such a good laugh at myself. I was even talking to myself "Ooh you all fancy with your new-fangled lipstick on your chin. It's the latest thing don't you know". :smileyvery-happy:

cindyinva

Oh no! I had that also happen to me when I ate a burger and wearing a bright pink lipstick. I was so embarrassed. Now whenever I wear a bright lipstick I blot it off before I eat. Lesson learned.

marydiva

Ohmygoodness  I am right there with you. XD

marydiva

Oh, I thought of another one - foundation transferring to glasses. 

HawaiianEyes7

Word. Or on other embarrassing surfaces (like school work).

scharrison

Omg yes. Probably every piece of paper I turned in in high school would have a (or multiple) foundation fingerprints. And pages in my books too!

danimazz

Let's see:

1. Super thin eyebrows that were two different shapes

2. Black kohl eyeliner that kept getting thicker and thicker because I didn't have a sharpener.  It also smudged everywhere and gave my panda eyes

3. Not makeup, but hair.  I have extremely curly hair and cut it very short.  It was a giant puffy triangle.  To Make matters worse, I had HUGE glasses and braces all at the same time.  It was a scary sight.

Imagine Hugh Grant's hair was curly here.  And those were like the glasses I had:

large.jpg

sparklekai

i tell myself that every curly girl had a triangle curly puff at some point...it makes me cringe less!

rydia

I used to get called Star Wars Head ....

delanegarcia

I look back when I wore MAC StudioFixFluid not realizing 1) How much it oxidized on me 2) How way too yellow based it is for my very pale-pink-porcelain-skin! I have the pictures to prove it! My mother kept telling my line of demarcation was "so dark , it doesn't match you" Sadly this was just barely a year ago! Lol The pictures of me in natural daylight , Ugh I cringe!

DitzCore

Christmas party back in December. Without thinking I applied a BB cream with SPF as I didn't want to wear anything heavy on my face that evening.

Oh geez, that flash photography.

My face is so white in every single photo!

marydiva

I have a larger bottom lip. (Not outrageously so, but enough to make a difference.) And when I wear super bold lipsticks (think vampy purples, tomato reds) I inevitably have someone tell them that lipstick made it's way smack dab in the middle of my chin. I'm a very expressive person, in terms of facial expressions and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. Either way, it's always a little embarrassing. I've taken to carrying a mirror around to check for it! 

LariTheLoud

Omg! This has happened to me before! And then trying to rub off the lipstick on your skin is such a pain - it often lifts the foundation with it. Argh!

marydiva

I know!!! The worst is when it happened ice skating on a date. I was wearing foundation to cover up my chin which was really inflamed for some reason that day. So in between rubbing off burgundy lipstick and my foundation lifting off, I was left with a bright red soulpatch. XD I love my life. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 217 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • marydiva
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4