Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

We've all done it before! Here's the place to tell stories about how you messed up your makeup, "duh!" moments, or just pure embarrassment everywhere.... Smiley Very Happy

P.S. Gifs, pictures, and general wackiness is welcome. Let's just roll around in our own fails.

Re: Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

this picture made me shutter

When I was in 7th or 8th grade, I entered some sort of give-away contest from a magazine, probably Seventeen or YM. I ended up winning a makeup sampler pouch with the works: eyeliner, mascara, lip stick, powder, foundation, etc. It was all preselected colors and was not matched to the recipient. I had zero experience with foundation at that point, but I had it and I was going to use it! I'd say I was an average shade of pastiness. Although I don't remember what shade this Cover Girl foundation was named, I wouldn't be surprised if it was called "Orange Goddess to the 856th Power." I never bothered to try it before wearing it to school, I just applied it some random morning and off I went. I thought I looked so hot and grown-up!  The only comment I received was from a boy I liked, "Wow you are so bronzed." I took it as a compliment, what did I know??

This happened to occur at the same time when I adhered to the policy "the thicker the eyeliner, the better."

(0) Hearts

HAHA! I've done the same thing!

I  remember in high school Clean &  Clear has s powder that " helped cover up blemishes".  So I  put it over my cheeks  and forehead since that was where I  broke out. I. ended up looking like a pale light blue ghost. Luckily I was goth at the time, so I was already going  for the  pale look. But god the  pictures I have if myself in high school.  I really  wished someone showed me how to use makeup to cover it.

(0) Hearts

omg i remember this stuff! i used it often i probably looked terrible thank god i don't have photos from then 

OMG I remember that stuff! I used it too! I was already ghostly white, but the pale blue made me look sick. I got weird looks constantly, but thought it was just the greatest thing ever! I needed to take a leaf outta the Clueless book and do a "I don't rely on mirrors so I always take Polaroids".

Polaroids-686x428.png

i wore tom ford lipstick in a bright orange-red color. thought i looked fab, and i felt so fancy wearing TF lipstick. went to a fancy brunch, even wore a dress. i ordered a sandwich. biting into the sandwich caused the lipstick to transfer to my chin, so i wore bright orange-red lipstick on my chin for the rest of the lunch, and guess what? tom ford lipstick has great staying power! once i realized what had happened, i could not get it off my chin until i went home and used makeup remover.

I have done this. I was lucky and it was a more nude color and the lighting was dim. As soon as I went to the bathroom and saw it I had such a good laugh at myself. I was even talking to myself "Ooh you all fancy with your new-fangled lipstick on your chin. It's the latest thing don't you know". Smiley Very Happy

Oh no! I had that also happen to me when I ate a burger and wearing a bright pink lipstick. I was so embarrassed. Now whenever I wear a bright lipstick I blot it off before I eat. Lesson learned.

Ohmygoodness  I am right there with you. XD

Oh, I thought of another one - foundation transferring to glasses. 

Word. Or on other embarrassing surfaces (like school work).

Omg yes. Probably every piece of paper I turned in in high school would have a (or multiple) foundation fingerprints. And pages in my books too!

Let's see:

1. Super thin eyebrows that were two different shapes

2. Black kohl eyeliner that kept getting thicker and thicker because I didn't have a sharpener.  It also smudged everywhere and gave my panda eyes

3. Not makeup, but hair.  I have extremely curly hair and cut it very short.  It was a giant puffy triangle.  To Make matters worse, I had HUGE glasses and braces all at the same time.  It was a scary sight.

Imagine Hugh Grant's hair was curly here.  And those were like the glasses I had:

large.jpg

i tell myself that every curly girl had a triangle curly puff at some point...it makes me cringe less!

I used to get called Star Wars Head ....

I look back when I wore MAC StudioFixFluid not realizing 1) How much it oxidized on me 2) How way too yellow based it is for my very pale-pink-porcelain-skin! I have the pictures to prove it! My mother kept telling my line of demarcation was "so dark , it doesn't match you" Sadly this was just barely a year ago! Lol The pictures of me in natural daylight , Ugh I cringe!

Christmas party back in December. Without thinking I applied a BB cream with SPF as I didn't want to wear anything heavy on my face that evening.

Oh geez, that flash photography.

My face is so white in every single photo!

I have a larger bottom lip. (Not outrageously so, but enough to make a difference.) And when I wear super bold lipsticks (think vampy purples, tomato reds) I inevitably have someone tell them that lipstick made it's way smack dab in the middle of my chin. I'm a very expressive person, in terms of facial expressions and I'm pretty sure it has something to do with that. Either way, it's always a little embarrassing. I've taken to carrying a mirror around to check for it! 

Omg! This has happened to me before! And then trying to rub off the lipstick on your skin is such a pain - it often lifts the foundation with it. Argh!

I know!!! The worst is when it happened ice skating on a date. I was wearing foundation to cover up my chin which was really inflamed for some reason that day. So in between rubbing off burgundy lipstick and my foundation lifting off, I was left with a bright red soulpatch. XD I love my life. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Photos10
  • upload_7900861185401192344.gif
  • 200x200px-ZC-ee82c707_cringe.gif
  • baddecisions1.jpg
  • spot.png
  • large.jpg
  • Polaroids-686x428.png
  • image.jpg
  • shudder1wd7.jpg
  • upload_3199178966856791305.png