evno

Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

We've all done it before! Here's the place to tell stories about how you messed up your makeup, "duh!" moments, or just pure embarrassment everywhere.... :smileyvery-happy:

P.S. Gifs, pictures, and general wackiness is welcome. Let's just roll around in our own fails.

mdelrosario91

Re: Makeup Fails! (Don't judge.... :P )

Oh my gosh, I used one of those Jergens self-tanner lotions when I was in 8th grade. It was the white lotion that gradually made your skin darker. Well guess what..one time, I forgot to wash my hands. My hands were orange for about a week! 

chelssss

(0) Hearts

HAHAH same happened to me. I was mortified!!!

rdesigns

This brings back memories of QT!  Does anyone remember that stuff?  It turned you totally orange...lol  However, it was probably the only self tanner on the market at the time  :smileywink:

linda711

Hahaha!  I tried QT when I was in high school, and was orange for almost a week!

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Here's a mistake I made for years: I didn't know top-liner was an everyday thing until I came here to BT in January. I only even got a liquid liner like a year ago to try it out finally,  and even  then only used it for special occasions, because honestly I thought it was only for special occasions. No one in my family is into any makeup at all, and I have maybe one or two friends that wear one shade of eyeshadow and maaaaybe some mascara if they're going all out. So I pretty much only have the interwebz to give me girl lessons. :smileyvery-happy: 

As a result I still kinda suck at applying said top-liner. But it's only been like 2 months. I'm learning and hopefully getting better.  Or at least trying to. :smileyhappy: 

andyhtrieu

My worst was walking around in public with the wrong foundation color. This was way before I started to really enjoy makeup. I had a foundation from Revlon that was perfect for my skin during the summer, when I was tan from swimming everyday. I didn't realize that I got lighter during the winter because I thought I would stay the same skin tone. Apparently not. My face was a lot darker than my neck and it was kinda embarrassing hahah. I only noticed when my sister pointed it out! The reason I didn't notice this first, was because my bathroom lights were really yellow, so anything I put on, I thought it matched.

Another time, was when I had a foundation that was too light and too pink for my skin tone! Foundations are so deceiving sometimes.

CuriousCannibal

(0) Hearts

this is probably my worst one too. My first "high end" foundation was one from hourglass, and it took me several MONTHS to realize it was the wrong shade for me. But, to be fair, I was fairly new to makeup and had only used a few drugstore foundations before (which never matched me either.)

Urbie

I had the opposite problem, andy!  My mom's friend, the local Mary Kay lady matched me for my first foundation....about 3 shades lighter than my actual skin tone.  I have a picture from 10th grade homecoming somewhere at my parent's house where it literally looks like I am wearing a porcelain mask.  Ugh.

BeautyJunkie325

Mary Kay foundation - in high school I was so tan from living in Texas and swimming everyday I wore Auburn Beige.

ShinyMagpie

Ooh fun thread. :smileyhappy:

baddecisions1.jpg

Corrina777

Last summer I went on my very first cruise.  I figured I would do sunless tanner so I didn't look like a ghost.  Spent an hour at Sephora debating and decided to try one from St Tropez.  I applied it the morning of the cruise launch and by dinner I was covered in hives.  I hadn't tried sunless tanner since the early 90s, but I'd never had sensitivity issues before.  I then decided I needed some real sun (I know, please don't judge me), and ended up badly sunburned.  The only upside was that my hives blended in with the sunburn.  I was uncomfortable for the whole week.  Then I was selected to be part of the show on the last night (I got to play early 80s Madonna and sing Like a Virgin).  So there I was on stage in front of hundreds of people, wearing a black lace bustier with hives and sunburn lines that makeup just couldn't cover.  

Urbie

Ouch, Corrina!!  If it makes you feel any better, on our first cruise, my fiance got badly sunburned too on the first day...he has large pecs, so he did not burn in the "shadow" from them (so, basically he has underboob)-  it looked like he was wearing a hilarious white, skin tight bralette on top of the worst sunburn ever.  definitely took like 40 pictures of that. 

evno

(0) Hearts

Oooh! Sounds painful... I once had horrible skin irritation for a couple weeks, and I had to go to meetings and appointments. Even though I had foundation on, it wouldn't cover up the uneven texture. :smileysad:

LindenAnn

I was so tired the other day that I put my auburn brow gel on my eyelashes. It's got a mascara like wand thingy, it's not my fault! lol

spotspotcat

In grade school I borrowed my mom's sunless tanner and only applied it to the front of my legs.  I think it was called QT. There was an obvious line down the both sides of my legs.

m3rma1d

[ Edited ]

Loving "retro" things I've seen the commercials for QT on one of my many compilation DVDs or whatever. The jingle was catchy. "You'll get a quick tan, Q  T.." Can prolly find it on YouTube. :-) 

Missie772

2010 was a big makeup fail year for me. I look at photos of myself like, "What were you thinking??"

My eyebrows were horrible- thin and not a good shape for my face (I didn't fill them in at that point), I was so concerned about skincare and SPF that I didn't realize that it bounced back so much and gave me a glowing white face in all of the photos, and that is when I started obsessing about blush and I would pack it on. It would look way worse in photos because you see a white face with a bunch of blush. :smileysad:

I really got into makeup after seeing those horrible photos! Thank goodness! :smileyhappy:

evno

(0) Hearts

I actually didn't realize I had flashback in pictures until about a year ago. xP  I look like a mime....

kbmatthews

Being in a rush and having uneven or wonky winged liner. Sigh. Sometimes I think it's ok and then I get in the car... And regret not redoing it. So now I carry a mini case in my purse in case I realize its uneven lol! 

evno

(0) Hearts

I carry one, too! Have you ever done your cat eyes unevenly and then just smudged them out? 

Urbie

(0) Hearts

I always give up after about 4 tries and pretend that putting on lots of mascara will hide it.  It doesn't.

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 108 replies
  • 217 hearts
  • 56 in conversation
    • btmod2
    • kalex
    • marydiva
    • weeeeweeeeeee
    • lylysa
    • roxystar4