Makeup Experiment Challenge of the Week
[ Edited ]

I am starting a challenge of the week, beauty experiment! Test out any product and post what you think of it here! If it is a new product, you can test it out by itself or against and old favorite product. Or if it is an old product, test it against another product that is the same ex: lipstick vs lipstick longevity or does it claim what it does: plump, moisturize, etc. I am going to test various products for waterproof-ness (that are not waterproof products), because many people ask what they can wear this summer without it smudging or coming off in the heat or water.

I tested Urban Decay's loved 24/7 liner in whiskey (a matte brown color) vs. Clinique's cream sharper for eyes in chocolate lustre a slightly spareky brow,. I put a swatch of each on my hand then went swimming. They both lasted about the same amount of time (Urban Decay slightly more), around and hour. But I would say these are good enough for waterproof because I was rubbing each of them at 10 minute intervals. Eyeliners are not really meant to be rubbed underwater and on your hand, so on your eye it will probably stay for longer. 

The winner, by  just a bit was Urban Decay's 24/7 liner

Sephora: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil: Eyeliner

24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil

Sephora: Clinique Cream Shaper For Eyes: Eyeliner

Cream Shaper For Eyes

You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
(0) Hearts

Here is the results of my first few days of mascara testing:  I tested Urban Decay's Cannonball vs Fairy Drops Scandal Queen. I put each on one eye, along with liner (see later about liner), then went for a run. Came back and washed face with plain water. Worked outside gardening and did outside work all day in heat and humidity. Rinsed off face with plain water at lunchtime and supper time. Took off makeup 14 hours after application.

UD Cannonball and Fairy Drops both lasted all day. Some minor flaking with Fairy Drops, yesterday, but I got a bug in that eye so I rubbed it and rinsed it a lot so that could have caused the problem. I like the Cannonball better because the wand is easier for me to get a good application, it is a skinny wand so I can coat my tiny inner lashes without glopping up the rest of my lashes, unlike the Fairy Drops. The Fairy Drops has a big fat brush which causes clumping for me because it deposits too much mascara in some areas while not enough in the corners. (Small detail, but it bugs me).

Liners:  Today I tested the Stila Waterproof Liquid liner vs MUFE Aqua Eyes under the conditions listed above. Yesterday did only the Stila liner and it didn't make it to 14 hours, it started to flake off around 8 hours.  Today's test, the MUFE is starting to come off my lower lid at 10 hours, the Stila Waterproof is still looking good.

I am going to look through my other mascaras and test those along with UD 24/7 liners and MAC Fluidline. Problem is that I have to do this on days that I am going to be home because I don't have the same colors in both liners and it looks very strange to have copper on one eye and green or black on the otherSmiley Very Happy.

Question Stats
  • 5 answers
  • 17 hearts
  • 5 in conversation
  • eyeUD.jpg
  • naturaleye.jpg