Makeup Do's & Dont's
Does anyone have any Beauty Commandments they live by? I feel that there are many things I see people wear and I either can't pull it off or I don't like it. Here are some of mine:
- Use sparkles!
- Highlight your best features (WELL DUH)
- co-ordinate makeup to match the occasion
- check you are blended in: no one likes a foundation line along their jawline!
- Have fun with makeup!
- Use other people's make-up. Bacteria and germs people!
- Use makeup to hide yourself - make up is supposed to enhance your beauty
- Buy foundation without matching it - just because the bottle matches doesn't mean the insides will!
- Buy makeup for 'brand' just because it has a pretty label or a renouned name does not mean the product is right for you and you will like it. that being said, if it does - PERFECT!
Does anyone agree or have others to add?
Try new looks often!
Experiment- you never know what you might discover when you're just messing around haha
Have fun with makeup, it should be an enjoyable experience, not a chore each morning!!
Watch makeup tutorials online- I'm always coming across new tricks and looks this way!
Care what others think too much- a little constructive criticism is okay, but if they're being a jerk and you like your look, take what they say with a grain of salt. It's about what makes YOU feel confident!
Go into "Auto-pilot" : when you just do the same look every morning without even thinking about it. Change it up every once in a while!
Don't be afraid to try a crazy, bold, or colorful look!
Match your eyeshadow to your outfit- especially if your outfit is all one color (like some dresses) and your eyeshadow is noticeable
Keep old makeup- throw it out when it looks, smells, or seems in any way bad if it's old. Don't risk infections!!
Pop pimples: I did this forever. They look even worse when they're healing and they take forever to go away!