Answer
Makeup Do's & Dont's

Does anyone have any Beauty Commandments they live by? I feel that there are many things I see people wear and I either can't pull it off or I don't like it. Here are some of mine:

Do:

- Use sparkles!

- Highlight your best features (WELL DUH)

- co-ordinate makeup to match the occasion

- check you are blended in: no one likes a foundation line along their jawline!

- Have fun with makeup!

Do not:

- Use other people's make-up. Bacteria and germs people!

- Use makeup to hide yourself - make up is supposed to enhance your beauty

- Buy foundation without matching it - just because the bottle matches doesn't mean the insides will!

- Buy makeup for 'brand' just because it has a pretty label or a renouned name does not mean the product is right for you and you will like it. that being said, if it does - PERFECT! Smiley Happy

Does anyone agree or have others to add?

thanks!! Smiley Happy

xo

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
This is an excerpt of the original post.View the full conversation
Answered

Fun post!!

Do:

Try new looks often!

Experiment- you never know what you might discover when you're just messing around haha Smiley Happy

Have fun with makeup, it should be an enjoyable experience, not a chore each morning!!

Watch makeup tutorials online- I'm always coming across new tricks and looks this way!

DON'T:

Care what others think too much- a little constructive criticism is okay, but if they're being a jerk and you like your look, take what they say with a grain of salt. It's about what makes YOU feel confident!

Go into "Auto-pilot" : when you just do the same look every morning without even thinking about it. Change it up every once in a while!

Don't be afraid to try a crazy, bold, or colorful look!

Match your eyeshadow to your outfit- especially if your outfit is all one color (like some dresses) and your eyeshadow is noticeable

Keep old makeup- throw it out when it looks, smells, or seems in any way bad if it's old. Don't risk infections!!

Pop pimples: I did this forever. They look even worse when they're healing and they take forever to go away!

Question Stats
  • 9 answers
  • 37 hearts
  • 10 in conversation