ghkim

Makeup Brush Holders

Does anyone know where I can find a makeup brush holder that holds brushes upside down (bristles down, handles up)? I currently store them in a long vase with small glass beads just like at sephora but would love to start storing them upside down.

fhgarman

Re: Makeup Brush Holders

The best thing to use is a art paint brush dryer. My husband is an illustrator and has one for his watercolor brushes. Artists need to dry their brushes upside down too.It's the perfect thing to use for drying makeup brushes and it's really inexpensive. You can get them at any art supply store and probably Michael's too. They look like this:

paint-brush-holder.jpg

keelybt

(0) Hearts

@Fhgarman Oh that looks great!

lylysa

Though the idea might seem a bit out of left field, have you thought about attaching magnets to the ends of your brushes and getting a piece of wood or even painting the base of a shelving unit with magnetic paint to keep by your vanity/bathroom so you can just grab and attach them back with ease as to not bend bristles or affect them?

Also, you can make a craft project out of attaching jars to a piece of wood and have them facing out so you can lay brushes in at their side so they're not upright.

swfupload_4297605954177424929.jpg

warriorwitch

(0) Hearts

You could also (if your very brave and have a steady hand) use a dremel or small drill to put holes in the end of the handles and put some hanging loops on them. Then you just need some command hooks and your done. XD

ghkim

i really like the magnet idea, that would be a huge space saver!

lylysa

(0) Hearts

:smileyhappy: Nothing like some magnets and hot glue

It'll definitely help and allow you to utilize vertical space rather than take up counter/vanity room.

warriorwitch

I would look on art supply websites, you could probably find a similar brush drying rack for cheaper.

Missie772

A lot of people use Benjabelle Brush Tree Holder. It is a bit expensive though!

ghkim

(0) Hearts

thank you for this - was trying to remember the name of this and couldn't!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 9 replies
  • 8 hearts
  • 6 in conversation
    • keelybt
    • lylysa
    • Missie772
    • warriorwitch
    • ghkim
    • fhgarman