shellyeliz

Makeup Basics

(0) Hearts

I am looking for some really good information on the essentials of makeup. I want to know what type of products I should have and how to apply them. Just the basics. I am only looking for something simple and natural looking and not too heavy.

ChicDabbler

Re: Makeup Basics

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

BB cream or tinted moisturizer, applied with finger.

Brown eyeliner (not as severe as black) dotted between lashline, or swipe above and smudge.

Curl lashes with eyelash curler.

Mattifying powder (if you are oily), blush (if you look sallow) or luminizer (if your skin's dull).

Tinted lip balm, applied straight.

Sometimes concealer on spots, but that's my normal routine.

shellyeliz

(0) Hearts

Okay, as per a dermatologist I use cerave face wash and lotion. I also do at home microdermabrasiin and infrequently face masks as far as skin care goes.

for makeup all I do is a concealer and a translucent powder to set it, mascara, and maybe some eye shadow, but thats pretty much it.  

I would like to keep my routine sin

me and fast, but I also want to look good. I would like to find a foundation that doesnt feel like I am really wearing one, but still helps even out my akin tone and hide the few blemiahes Ido get. I am pretty fair akinned with dark blonde hair and blue green eyes. I have some sun spots already and i do get pimples and some redness.  

So what foundations would be good and what kind of eye make up?

krunce

(0) Hearts

If I were you, I might consider looking into a tinted moisturizer rather than a foundation. YOu can apply concealer to specific spots under the concealer, but the concealer will really even out your skin tone in a really light way so you're pretty much guaranteed to not look like you're wearing make up.

I wear tinted tinted moisturizer but still moisturize my face. I started using a brush to apply it but the great thing about tinted moisturizer is it's just as easy to apply with your hands.

As for eyes, it's hard to say what would be good for your eyes without knowing more. What are you going for, exactly? Looking good is very subjective so it would be helpful if you could explain what you're looking for exactly. For example, do you want your eyes to look awake and bright? Do you want them to be more defiend but don't want it to look like you're wearing make up? Do you want a sexy, smoky look, perhaps?

porcelain34

(0) Hearts

You should defiantly go to a make up counter or a Sephora store and get some tips about how to properly apply makeup. For the most part its just going to be trial and error until you find out what works for you. My tip though is start from the ground up, good skin care is always the start to a great makeup look. Make sure you have a good skin care system in place and then start from there.

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

You'll get great advice in BeautyTalk but nothing will replace an in-person consultation.  It would be worth the time to go to Sephora or any department store.  When I first started out, I looked for someone that had a look I liked working the make-up counter and asked her to do my makeup.  Be sure to share with them the info @krunce and @lilmissmodel14 mentioned in addition to how much time you have.

krunce

I agree with lilmissmodel14. It would be useful to identify your skin concerns and we can help address them for your here. For instance, are you interesting in achieving a simply more polished look but otherwise feel you don't have dark circles and are happy with your complexion? Or would you like a more even complexion? More defined eyes? Etc.

lilmissmodel14

(0) Hearts

Do you have anything already? And what are some skin concerns you would like to achieve?

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • ChicDabbler
    • lilmissmodel14
    • porcelain34
    • krunce
    • kimchikween
    • shellyeliz