SamaraForrester

MakeUp!

Hello! 

I have fairly decent skin and only a few blemishes here and there. I am looking for face makeup (foundation ext.) But I am unsure of which ones to use as I don't want people to notice I have a lot on. And what do I use under my eyes? All over my face? ext. 

Thank you!

Sam

Nicrohr

Re: MakeUp!

(0) Hearts

I love Bare Minerals matte or original foundation (not as much the Ready Foundation).  Looks super natural and you can do really sheer, or put more on with the brush in areas where you want to cover.  I honestly don't think people can tell when I'm wearing it sometimes, if I use a light hand.   For me this works way better than BB or CC -- I tried to get on the bandwagon, but every one I've tried either LOOKS or FEELS too heavy.  Bare Minerals it doesn't feel like I have anything on.

garnett

(0) Hearts

I have always worn true foundations. I am partial to Urban Decay Naked Skin and YSL Touche Elcat.  They leave you with a polished finish and the color is buildable meaning you can start out with a ight hand and build the coverage in areas that need it. I recently added Tinted Moisturizer to my options when   I got the Laura Mercier Flawless Face 500 point perk last week .  WOW!  I never thought I could wear one but I am really happy with it. (Just happens it was MY color)  First I use a little concealer on spots that need a bit more coverage.  Then I apply the tinted moisturizer.  I like to go over it with my Hourglass Ambient Lighting Powder in Diffused but that is strictly optional.  BB and CC creams have many good skin benefits but I have a skincare regime that I don't want to change or supplement so I think a tinted moisturizer is great.  I will still use foundation for when I want more coverage or a more polished look but I think I will be reaching for the tinted moisturizer quite often.

cheeky76

(0) Hearts

Try Laura Mercier tinted moisturizer or Bobbi Brown tinted moisturizer. Your skin will have a sheer, natural finish and then you can go back with a small brush and conceal the few spots that still need covering.

ChicDabbler

(0) Hearts

I second the BB/CC cream. They give a more natural look and most have skincare benefits. Unless you have problem/sensitive skin around the eyes, it's ok to use your BB/CC cream under your eyes as well as all over the face. If you want to get fancy, with a bit of highlighting/contouring, you can play with a YSL touche eclat for undereye and other areas.

kelsey808

(0) Hearts

Maybe try a BB or CC cream, they usually leave more of a natural finish than foundations and have added skin benefits. However which type of BB/CC is right for you will depend mainly on your skin type. If you have pretty prominent dark circles you need to cover, I would recommend using Bobbi Brown's Corrector which is one of the best under eye concealers!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 5 replies
  • 1 heart
  • 6 in conversation
    • cheeky76
    • ChicDabbler
    • garnett
    • kelsey808
    • Nicrohr
    • SamaraForrester