sweetieeee

Mac cosmetics experience

So I went to get my makeup done today at mac with a 50purchase and I was pleased. She had to redo my eye makeup because I didnt like the way it came out this first time 😂 I never really like the way they do eye makeup at  the mac store I go to though. There makeup looks nice but when they do it it looks all crazy... Hahaa. I like how they makeup stays put and dosent rub off right away. Could this be because of the fix+ she sprayed on me? Because when I use my Nars glow foundation right away when I dab with a tissue it transfers. the coverage is great but to thick I feel like it magnifies little bumps and black heads Even if they are covered... If u get me...haha I'm a light coverage girl I guess that's why I'm not used to it. I like color to even out my skin tone and that's it haha. But over all I'm glad I gave there makeup a try. Is there makeup really bad like many people say? Clogging up pours? Damaging?

what I did like. Black track eye gel, prep prim highlighter-any one use this before?, painterly pot, and dip down eye brow. any comparisons between dip down and anastasias brow pot? Who's better? Lol I'm not sure who to buy from for the brow pot(:image.jpg

Londonlover101

Re: Mac cosmetics experience

(0) Hearts

your makeup looks stunning! your skin has a lovely bronzed glow and looks so smooth and your eyebrows and eyeliner/eyeshadow are so precise! not to mention how beautiful your lips and hair looks!

MintShake

(0) Hearts

Mac makeup <333

jenjendoitagain

(0) Hearts

Gorgeous!!!! Love the eyemakeup!!

sephoramusthave

(0) Hearts

Your eye makeup is stunning! The painterly paint pot is a staple for me, its the absolute best base I've ever used. Such a great primer :smileyvery-happy:

nikki

(0) Hearts

You look gorgeous, I think that foundation looks great on you, very natural! It doesn't seem to pull yellow in this picture to me. 

That eyeshadow looks amazing! And that lip color. Do you remember the lip colors they used?

sweetieeee

[ Edited ]

The lip color was the free chubby stick by Clinique I think it was berry(: I didnt want to use there lip products I just put my chubby stock on.

lilahtov

Guuurl, I don't know what recommendations to give you about what to buy, but your makeup looks stunning! And I love your hair.

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thank you:smileyhappy:

the lady did a great job:smileyhappy:

amydeemua

I find that all my MAC foundations in my pro kit pull either orange or yellow on any skintone. It may be because they oxidize quite a bit (meaning they react with the air and oils in the skin and darken/change color).  In regards to using a yellow toned foundation on skin with a yellow undertone, I find the most natural look is sticking with the same undertone as your own skin. If you want to tone down the yellow in your skin, try applying a lavender tinted primer such as Makeup Forever HD primer before you apply your foundation. This will neutralize the yellow tone and help your foundation go on a lot smoother and wear longer! 

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Ohh okay.. Hahaa. Thank you that info is very helpful!:smileyhappy: I sure do want to tone down the yellow in that foundation. what is the fix+ exactly? Because my makeup sure did feel different from when I usually use my Nars and setting powder. im not sure if it was the foundation that set it's self to not move or what but it felt like my skin yet I had a load of makeup..haha

yazmin

(0) Hearts

Beautiful! It looks amazing :smileyhappy:

HelloCoffee

the shadows are gorgeous!!!

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

They are and I wish I took note of them.haha

lb1414

(0) Hearts

Looks great! I've had some mixed opinions about getting my makeup done at my MAC counter. I always seem to get the same girl and she always tries to tell me that I have a neutral or pink undertone. I'm pretty darn yellow toned (3y03, NC15-20) and I have to practically argue with her to get her to use an NC shade on me! 

sp2001

(0) Hearts

This happens to me at Estee Lauder counters! I don't understand, I'm telling you it doesn't work for me, why are you insisting

sweetieeee

[ Edited ]
(0) Hearts

Wow really.

im olive and have a yellow under tone too. How do you know what to use? And why another yellow under tone if you yellow already? new to Mac:smileyhappy:

is it just me or do the mac foundations come off yellow? My camera kept catching yellow and when I looked at all of the foundations they seemed slightly yellow... In addition when I see you tubers put mac foundation on it seems yellow as they place it on as well... Or is this just me.

punctuationgeek

You look beautiful! Those colors are lovely on you.

daisies121

Wow!  You're makeup looks gorgeous!

sweetieeee

(0) Hearts

Thank you:smileyhappy:

and thank you too missey1973:smileyhappy:

missey1973

Wow you look gorgeous!!! What eye colors did they use. I had my makeup done once at MAC . I love they way they did my eyes so I bought the 4 shadows they used . Then I tried to do it the next day and looked like a clown. LOL

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 21 replies
  • 13 hearts
  • 15 in conversation
    • nikki
    • daisies121
    • lb1414
    • sephoramusthave
    • yazmin
    • MintShake