Kiki1517

MUA Kit

Being a makeup junkie, I often get asked by friends and family to do makeup for special occasions. I also recently started a YT channel (really need to practice editing lol) and have been getting more people asking, so I thought it is about time I started building at least a small kit. On family didn't mind using my own sanitized makeup, but really want to steer away from that. I know all the essentials I need to get, my main concern was foundation. I just purchased the Bobbi Brown BBU Palette, but haven't used creams before. Is it best applied with a damp sponge and which are the best? Wish there were such things as disposable beauty blenders! Also, for any mua's what are your fave foundations for your kit?

E8N3_l.jpg

Nichole82

Re: MUA Kit

(0) Hearts

I love a variety of foundations! When I work on clients I like to make sure that the skin is prepped (smooth, moisturized), and then use a foundation primer followed by mineral foundations. I like those best because I can create a customized color by starting a bit light and working in more bronzed colors. I recently enrolled in QC Makeup Academy and would LOVE to do YT videos, but can never seem satisfied enough to post them lol! What's your channel? Would love to follow!

Nichole82

PS: I am totally LOVIN your profile pic! Looks amazing! :smileyhappy:

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Thank you :smileyhappy: I get so nervous, I'm actually shaking, but everyone starts somewhere. My channel is YT/KandieLuxe.

A good friend of mine is also a friend of itsjudytime and has been pushing me for so long to start a channel, but I'm shy and trying to get over it! 

wendyomgwar

I've seen that Bobbi Brown kit before! Ahh I wanted it just to have lol.

You could probaly use those cheap sponges and damp them.

Or even a brush. 

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

I thought it was my best bet since it includes foundation, correctors and concealer. RCMA and Graftobian are just as expensive and Eve Pearl even more so.

ghkim

(0) Hearts

i'm not a mua but i've heard the rcma ones are great. the kevyn aucoin sensual skin enhancers are great too because they are compact and highly pigmented so you can sheer them out, mix them to make the perfect shade, etc, and they travel well. as for cream foundations, you can get like a million little triangle shaped makeup sponges from amazon. alternatively, i would try using a brush by either mixing a bit of foundation with moisturizer or primer and then applying like a liquid, or apply sparingly to face with a small brush and then blend out with a stippling or foundation brush.

Kiki1517

Thanks for all the info. I will definitely mess around with it once it gets here, but you know the feeling when you submit an order and just get antsy lol!

I'm thinking that sheering it out would help the expensiveness of this product last longer as well :smileywink:

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 7 replies
  • 6 hearts
  • 4 in conversation
    • wendyomgwar
    • Kiki1517
    • ghkim
    • Nichole82
Photos1
  • E8N3_l.jpg