legew

ME WEARING MAKE UP AS A 15 YEAR OLD BOY? I NEED HELP

I love makeup so much and I was wondering what I need to do about this obsession and if I can wear make up in public. I have wanted to play with makeup for about a year now and i have loved when girls put makeup on me or i use some of my moms. I would love to take this to a new level and start wearing makeup in public or just buying makeup and trying it on at home and practicing. Some day i would love to be a makeup artist. I would also need a way to do this without my parents knowing and how would i buy the makeup i want.

chauncie

Re: ME WEARING MAKE UP AS A 15 YEAR OLD BOY? I NEED HELP

(0) Hearts

Hello there!!!

I just wanted to let you know that there is absolutely NOTHING wrong with you wanting to wear, or even liking makeup!!!

I too am obsessed with cosmetics in general lol, so a lot of people on here understand that :smileyvery-happy:

Just to let you know, there are many makeup artists out there that are men, I think there are more men in the cosmetology field than women lol. To name a few there is Wayne Goss (gossmakeupartist/ gossmakeupchat) on youtube...Kevyn Aucion who was THE makeup artist to the stars, Ben Nye (who has amazing makeup for theater ) just to name a few.

If you are worried about what your parents will think, don't be. If I had a child I would much rather prefer them to be interested in makeup than something else...there are worse things that kids could be doing right? But, you know your parents better than I do, so its up to you if you want to tell them about your interests in makeup :smileysad:

...so maybe you can enroll in some elective classes at your school. You could enroll in a theater class??? I know that when I was in high school they used to put on plays and do acting classes and such...you could tell the teacher that you are more interested in the makeup aspect of the productions.

Or better yet take a class at your local community college!! At my college they perform plays all the time, and they even teach makeup classes! Also if you enroll in the class, you can even get your own makeup kit that's included in the class! 

I don't know where you live, but if you Google community college for your area you can look up too see if they offer any classes in cosmetology or theatrical makeup in your area.

Please let me know how things are going!!

I hope that I was able to help you out in some way, good luck <3

Conversation Stats
  • 1 reply
  • 1 heart
  • 2 in conversation
    • chauncie
    • legew