MARC JACOBS BEAUTY EARLY SALE :)

nebel

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY EARLY SALE :)

OMG WE CAN BUY IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DoctorsMrs

Re: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY EARLY SALE :)

Hi Everyone!

I see that a lot of you are really excited for this make up collection by Marc Jacobs. I have a question though-- is there reason to believe that these products are going to be quality cosmetics? 

I own quite a few Marc Jacobs items- clothing, a coat, shoes, sunglasses, a bunch of jewelry/accessories- but I'm unfamiliar with a make up line if one existed previously. So my question is this-- how do we know this is a special line of quality product developed and formulated with care by the designer, as opposed to a repackaging type deal where a designer just chooses some colors and a package style/logo and then a mass market manufacturer sticks run of the mill stuff in the container? (ala Lime Crime but without all of the intrique) This is common practice when clothing designers and celebrities suddenly come out with a makeup or skincare collection-- kind of like the polar opposite of Francois Nars. I certainly am not implying that this is the case. I'm just looking for the inside scoop before I bother getting excited by this. 

nakedlunch212

This line was developed by Sephora themselves plus I trust anything Marc Jacobs does. :smileyhappy:

keelybt

@DoctorsMrs The other day I got a chance to play with them and was really impressed with the quality of all the products.  It's definitely not generic with a label slapped on.  From what I understand, Marc was very involved in creating the products and was adamant about having the best quality.  I think everyone will love the products, I know I did!

nebel

I will gladly post a review as soon as i get my palette! You raise good points, but I believe MJ has been working with Sephora on the formulations, which is why it is a Sephora exclusive line (Someone with more info can confirm/deny that) 

Yes, I am the first to admit I tend to go gaga over certain designers.  I hope that will all the hype surrounding these products we will not be disappointed!

michmo

I somewhat agree with you.  Given the prices, I'd be worried that I'm paying for the name.  Before I buy I want to know they're better than all the others out there--(ie Nars, Lorac, etc.)

mommyto4

The Tease eyeshadow palette looks awesome.  But not 59.00 awesome :smileysad:

rikkie

[ Edited ]

I would have ordered eye shadow but the prices are SO jacked up for Canada, $71 for the big palettes and $51 for the 3 color shadows. Ugh. 

I had to have something though, so I picked up the raspberry colored gloss in Lust For Life! I can't wait! 

DTalksAll

Please share your thoughts on the lipgloss when you get it. I want to know how it compares to NARS. I hope it's not sticky, but still has color payoff. I didn't check yet, but I wonder if Temptalia has swatches & reviews up yet. 

The prices are a little ridiculous. I know it's a designer line, but even Burberry isn't that bad :smileysad: 

rikkie

(0) Hearts

For sure! I expect it'll take a while to get over here, Borderfree is always massively slow. The colors look AMAZING, it says they're sheer but I'm sure there will still be a good payoff. 

nebel

Her swatches aren't up yet, but I bet she'll have some by tomorrow! she just put up product photos. 

keelybt

@Dannyc It's not sticky at all!  The glosses are really smooth and hydrating.

DTalksAll

Like others, I think I'm going to wait. I signed up for the e-mail updates a while back, maybe that's why I got an e-mail today? Or it could be typical Sephora and rolling out e-mails over 3 days... 

clarks18

That purple palette is incredible.  I planned on going to Sephora this weekend to shop for my birthday.  Didn't really budget in a $59 eye palette.  I think I'm going to wait until I can swatch on myself.  I have a hard time dishing out cash for something I can't see on first.  I'll just have to wait till it's in stores.  I love the packaging so chic.

annonymous1

i completely agree, pretty purples that don't look cheap are hard to find! i would like to wait for the full collection though, 59 is a bit expensive for a palette even if it is MJ

kd006

[ Edited ]

I just ordered the Lust for Lacquer lipgloss in heart shaped and the 7 color eyeshadow palette. The purple one. I want the liquid liner too but I'm going to wait for reviews on that. SO EXCITED! Thanks sephora for letting us try the collection early!! :smileyhappy:

arielaaaaaaaa

(0) Hearts

That lipgloss is gorgeous!! I sooo want it! But i'm not a huge lip gloss fan. It's too windy where i live, i can't walk outside with my hair flying all over the place. 

kd006

(0) Hearts

I'll let you know how I like it!

emmaclaire

What the heck?!  I'm a VIB and I haven't gotten anything about this - is there supposed to be an email from Sephora?  I'd really like to be able to see it at least!  Links?

kalex

I didn't get an email either.  Marc Jacobs Beauty is in the brand drop down box.  If you click on it you can see the handful of products available that way.

kd006

They just sent an email about half an hour ago for me. It has an exclusive link to shop so I think you have to get the email. But I'm not 100% sure.

nebel

I got the e-mail from Marc Jacobs first, but the VIB e-mail JUST came through a little later.  If you search for Marc Jacobs while signed in you should be able to find the products. 

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 168 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • keelybt
    • kalex
    • DTalksAll
    • emmaclaire
    • arielaaaaaaaa