nebel

MARC JACOBS BEAUTY EARLY SALE :)

OMG WE CAN BUY IT TODAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kalex

Re: MARC JACOBS BEAUTY EARLY SALE :)

(0) Hearts

Thanks!  We have one free standing store so I'll head there when the full collection is out!

jellybean917

I went for the Lust For Lacquer Lip Vinyl in Overprotected. So pretty!

candacebt

[ Edited ]

Soo...I've got all (most) of the products at my desk, what do you want to know?? :smileyhappy:

And I can also assure you that this is NOT a slap MJ's name on generic makeup and stick in a pretty case. Marc was personally involved in the formulation of every single product and the creation of all of the packaging, down to the "clicking" sound the eyeshadow case makes when you close it. 

Like our special brand collaboration with Kat Von D, all of the products are developed in close coordination with the person who has their name on it. And you guys know MJ is all about quality, creativity, and beautiful products!

(Plus I just swatched an eyeshadow on my arm and the darn color won't come off my finger, so I think it it's got staying power.)

rikkie

Oh no, do NOT make me think of how satisfying that "click" can be on a well designed case, I am not ordering that eye shadow yet.... *goes back to stare at it* :smileyvery-happy:

candacebt

The VP of the brand has really funny stories about watching Marc sitting in meetings forever testing clicks. Apparently it took quite a few tries to get it right. :smileyhappy:

rikkie

(0) Hearts

Hah! That's awesome!

DTalksAll

Can you please compare consistency of the lip gloss to nars. Stickyness, pigmentation, shine... Thanks Candace! 

candacebt

Ok, so the only NARS lip glosses we had on hand were the new "Large Than Life" ones, with the small brush applicator. Those are super pigmented and really shiny, from one I remember of the NARS glosses I have at home, they are less pigmented but just as shiny.

Comparing those, the "shimmery" Marc glosses are more sheer (but not by much), and you can build up to more fullness. They're lush and not sticky at all, and are just as shiny. Plus they have a great flat doe-foot applicator so the brush doesn't get all gnarly after a few uses, which I can't stand.

I also just swatched a bright fuchsia Marc gloss not available in the presale, and the pigment is craaaazy, and SO BRIGHT.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I can't stand the larger than life glosses, too sticky :smileysad: 

Love doe-foot applicators for gloss. 

I might wait until they are released in store to swatch & see. 

Thanks for checking them out! 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

How do they compare to the Dior Addict lipglosses in terms of shine?

candacebt

(0) Hearts

@dannyc - They're much less sticky than the NARS glosses (that's funny too, my boss loves stickier lip glosses, so she hoards the NARS ones :smileyhappy:).

@starletta - They are VERY shiny. I'll try to hunt down a Dior Addict and directly compare them for you!

ChicDabbler

the eyeliner the eyeliner the eyeliner! From images I stalked it seems there's 2? the one on Sephora right now is suppose to be a shiny blackest of black, is it really?

I can't really tell what the tip is. I've used mostly pencil, or eyeliner brush, so what kind of tip is that?

candacebt

This is just me playing around with it, so not like an amazing photo, but I wanted you to see how shiny it is!!

eyeliner.jpg

ChicDabbler

ahh, I'm thiiiiiiis close to ordering the eyeliner now... as in, as soon as I figure out what shade of Clinique Stay Matte I want, I'm placing an order for it. >.<

candacebt

The eyeliner is RIDIC. It's so shiny! I rubbed my finger over it and it's still shiny. And when I put it on my arm the other day it didn't budge. I woke up with it the next morning and it was still on, I had to shower to get it off, lol.

It's a felt tip, which is like a skinny magic marker with a really fine tip, so you can make thick lines or really skinny precise lines. It's kind of amazing, we've been talking about it all week in the office. 

starletta8

How does it compare to Stila's liquid eyeliner in terms of the point?

candacebt

(0) Hearts

It's a super fine point, so from what I remember about the stila eyeliner it's comparable. It also lasts forever - I just tried to take it off with cleansing water and it wouldn't come off. I had to use our Sephora Collection waterproof makeup remover, lol. 

starletta8

(0) Hearts

Ooh, I'm really glad that I ordered it!

DoctorsMrs

Thanks for all of the quick replies to my post :smileyhappy:

I didn't know that this was a Sephora collaboration. I use a lot of Sephora's own products and I do really like them and find the quality very high. I've been a Sephora store customer for ages but I'm new to the Beauty Talk. Also, despite signing up for Sephora emails using several different email addresses over the years, I have NEVER received a Sephora email (other than the ones saying someone replied to a post here). I'm out of the loop, so to speak, so thanks for filling me in :smileyhappy:

keelybt

@Doctorsmrs I'll send you a message to help with your email subscription.

DoctorsMrs

(0) Hearts

Wow Thanks!

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 110 replies
  • 168 hearts
  • 28 in conversation
    • makeupmaven
    • keelybt