cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Post in Brand Loyal
|

MAC LOVE AND RELEASES THREAD

~ Updated Feb 5th 2019 ~

Since MAC has so many releases coming I thought we could share this info here and our love for the brand 🙂

Sephora Canada brand page: https://www.sephora.com/brand/mac-cosmetics

AVAILABLE NOW

Lucky Red Lunar New Year

MAC in Monochrome

Hyper Real Glow palettes - online at MAC

Hyper Real Prep Sets - online at MAC

AVAILABLE  NOW AT SEPHORA CANADA

MAC in Monochrome

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-ruby-woo-P441038

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-see-sheer-P441039

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/in-monochrome-velvet-teddy-P441040

MAC Lunar New Year - Lucky Red

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-lipstick-P440901

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-powder-blush-duo-P440902

https://www.sephora.com/ca/en/product/lucky-red-129-synthetic-blush-brush-P440903

COMING SOON

Art Library palettes  - Available Feb 14th Nordstrom - Feb 25th MAC select locations

Dazzle Drops - coming soon

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Pro Longwear Long-Last Lips Collection

Strobe Glaze

MAC x Tanya Taylor NYC

Up For Everything Lash mascara

Potential MAC x Lisa Frank collection????

Art Library palettes 

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 11.35.37 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.42 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-01 at 4.50.56 PM.png

Hyper Real Glow palette

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.49 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.35.59 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.23 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.36.33 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.38.00 AM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-31 at 8.37.33 AM.png

Boom Boom Bloom collection - March 7th?

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.47.56 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.14 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.33 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-16 at 5.46.23 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.22.22 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-08 at 12.23.53 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-01-09 at 6.45.43 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.46.59 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.24 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.23.36 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 3.15.21 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.24.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.26 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.25.52 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.26.09 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.28.50 PM.pngScreen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.29.12 PM.png

Dazzle Drops

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-01-17 at 11.58.12 AM.png

Hyper Real Prep Sets

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.52.40 PM.png

Lightful C Foundation and Concealers

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-03 at 3.51.25 PM.png

Sneak peek - Extra Dimension eye shadows - coming soon

Spoiler
Screen Shot 2019-02-05 at 2.19.35 PM.png

Sneak Peeks

Spoiler
MAC x Lisa Frank?????
7C4151E6-B0E8-4169-9183-51D0CD25FE3A.jpeg

Tags:

Re: MAC Love and Releases Thread!

Can we get one thing straight.... MAC does not test on animals. They sell to countries like China who does test on animals... that's pretty much every big brand.  They were born a cruelty free brand and EL took over and ruined it by selling to places like China. The giant companies like Estee Lauder and L'Oreal ruin brands by selling to countries where they test on animals.

Don't get me wrong there are a lot of brands out there that are vegan and completely cruelty free (doesn't sell to china).  I just hate it when people say MAC (itself) test on animals.

The problem is big companies wanting to make more money and selling to countries where they test on animals. Even if it goes against the brand values and destroys their image. Those countries need to change their laws and the beauty giants should stop being so greedy!

I am not saying MAC is perfect I am saying they don't personally test on animals.

MAC's FAQ

How does M•A•C test its products for safety and efficacy?
We use human volunteers and we conduct or commission in vitro testing.

Does M•A•C test on animals?
Even though we don’t test on animals ourselves, but because of requirements by law, our products or ingredients can be tested on animals in places like China.

What does “requirements by law” mean?
Some scientific or regulatory authorities may still conduct or require animal testing of cosmetic products or ingredients to demonstrate safety. For example, before we are able to import any of our products into China, the Chinese government requires all importers of cosmetics to pay for animal testing that is conducted by a government-mandated laboratory in China.

Why does the Chinese government require testing on animals?
A government such as China could require animal testing to validate cosmetic safety because they have not yet accepted alternative methods. Since they are responsible for the safety of their citizens, we understand their caution.

Does M•A•C own any animal testing facilities?
No. We don’t own any animal testing facilities anywhere in the world.

If animal testing is required by law in China and you care so much about animals, why don’t you pull out of the Chinese market?
Just like you, we don’t like animal testing. M•A•C is committed to making sure animal testing requirements are abolished worldwide. We have also committed to selling our products in China. We believe in changing the system (and ourselves) from within.

What is the Institute for In Vitro Sciences?
The Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS) develops and implements programs in countries where in vitro testing is not accepted in order to educate scientists on the scientifically validated safety record of these methods. We are proud to announce a new partnership with the Institute for In Vitro Sciences (IIVS) to help ensure that alternative testing becomes the global standard. By funding IIVS’s International Outreach Program (IOP), we are working to make a difference. The IOP provides a wide array of support including technical assistance in the form of lectures, workshops and hands-on training sessions to countries that rely on animal testing to determine the safety of products or ingredients.

First, don't jump my throat. Second, if it isn't on the PETA approved list, I cannot trust it. That being said, I feel guilty even buying the lipstick just because I'm a diehard Star Trek fan. 

Whatever. 

Testing PolicyM.A.C. Cosmetics (Estee Lauder) Warning! This company DOES test on animals.

First off I didn't jump on your throat I stated the difference between testing and countries that test on animals and second I don't trust PETA and their shady practices. While I might agree that EL carries brands that might/probably test on animals PETA isn't the all seeing all knowing gods of the universe. They do kill animals and I can't trust a word they say.

Assuming, though, that their products aren't completely vegan... (which still equates to animal cruelty to many)

Yes. Absolutely! Like I said they aren't perfect. Plenty of vegan cruelty free brands out there... I am just tired of seeing MAC isn't cruelty free=test on animals when that is not true. The brand doesn't, the counties they sell in do.

Like I said... EL ruined the brand just like other giants are ruining other brands.... ugh monopoly!

I feel ya! Misinformation sucks!

Cool, I'll refrain from stating my opinion on your threads concerning cruelty free products.

The Star Trek collection is up on MAC's site!

I caved on this collection. Love Star Trek. I got Luna Luster and Highly Illogical. My first (and hopefully only) beauty purchase of August!

I can't decide which powder to get highly illogical or Luna luster help!!! And please don't say both I can't swing both right now as much as I would love to and pick up the other items I want. Thanks for the input!

Edit: okay FOMO you got me. I went ahead and placed an order as MAC's website started to move very slowly. I picked up warp speed ahead, where no man has gone before, and highly illogical. Anyone get their items yet?? Still wondering if I should go without food for a few days and pick up Luna luster lol.

I ordered "highly illogical" - with no real logic behind my decision 😉

I also ordered Klingiton despite the meh reviews 😛

@kethry70 - you're more on the fair scale of skin color correct?? My thoughts on Luna luster was that I have a ton of nice pink/light pink highlighters and since I could only pick up one I went with highly illogical - don't know if that's logical or not 😅

yeah- I am olive complected but pretty careful with sunscreen on my face so I'm pretty fair overall.... I don't even use highlighter but I figured I could use HI as a blush 😛

See that's what I was thinking! Depending on how dark it is on me maybe a colorful contour??? IDK - I hope I made the right choices. I "put back" bird of prey so we'll see. I watched so many YouTube videos that weren't very helpful trying to figure this out - oh well 🙂

First world problem, I can't decide which Trip to the Light powder I should get. Sigh! And no I can't hoard all of them lol 😉

The embarrassing part for me is that I want all 3 of those the most, and yet I forgot to add them to my cart! sigh.

They didn't pop up in my search at first. 

Oh no! You gotta get at least 1 😉

I did a full collection sorta bad.  Twice.😳😝😎

Now to wait by the door and try not to attack the mailman whenever he shows up.  

Must. Behave.

Kaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaahn!!!!!! 

And in the spirit of things, here's Zims first Build-a-Bear! image.jpeg

I thought that was a Monchichi at first!!

Oh I see it!!!  

Vulcan bear! LOL That's some weird cross-species.

1 Reply
testing