Kiki1517

Loves List Cleanup

Okay so now that the extra points promo has ended, has anyone else cleaned up their <3 list? At one point mine was probably almost 3 pages long and I have narrowed it down to things either I have and will repurchase when I'm out and just keep it there for easy access, or things I'm still wanting to purchase (some of which will probably stay there just hoping there is some great sale: the Marc Jacobs bronzer brush *cough*.

swfupload_8868355170371147858.jpg

Items still lingering:

• SUGAR Advanced Therapy Lip Treatment
  • NARS Radiant Creamy Concealer (anyone know if this is good for lightly contouring?)
  • UD Moondust Shadow in Diamond Dog & Space Cowboy
  • MJ Highliner Gel Crayon (when the 100 pt perk one is finished)
  • Tarte Double Detox Exfoliating Facial Mask (so refreshing!)
  • Tarte Blush in Buff
  • TF Chocolate Soleil (have a mini)
  • Buxom Time To Shine Mini Lip Collection (glosses)
  • KVD Setting Spray

I think I have cut that down very well :smileyvery-happy:

Missie772

Re: Loves List Cleanup

I go through my list every day, adding stuff, deleting stuff, etc. I also have a Master List in a Word Document because I have stuff I want/need from Nordstrom and Ulta as well. And instead of just deleted it, I will line through it *just in case* I want it again and I won't forget about it!!!

DTalksAll

Yup, I keep a running list in "notes" so I can access it off my phone, iPad or computer. And I rearrange my loves list a lot, so the items I really want are always first. I don't keep products I own or have owned on my loves lists because that just gets too confusing & cluttered. I know which products I want to repurchase & I also keep a Google Drive spreadsheet (so I can access it on multiple devices) of all the items I've ever purchased. I also have a color code for items I've returned/tossed, didn't like, repurchased, and liked. The spreadsheet is awesome for finding things quickly for BT, and the color code & notes I add are perfect for quick reference. A little OCD, which is strange, because I'm not that kind of person LOL 

kimchikween

Yea for OCD people.  I have a spreadsheet (you've probably seen it mentioned) as well with everything I have with a rating in addition to what I'd like to try.  Some people looked at me funny when I came up to a counter with a printed spreadsheet, but it made my time really efficient. :smileywink:

DoctorsMrs

I love the color coding idea. I keep a list of things that I didn't like so that I don't minimize my dislike of them and repurchase later down the road when someone else raves about them.  Color coding would be more efficient then writing a description of the negative quality since usually it's one of several categories. 

Missie772

I should keep a list of stuff I dislike as well. I was just talking about it with Poshified! We don't like it so we give it away and then someone else uses it and it looks amazing! And of course, we want it again... lol.

poshified

(0) Hearts

Return of Sexy didn't take too much convincing! lol. I need to make a list of Regret Giveaways!

glossyguru

3 pages? Mine is 27 pages. Yet I haven't bought one thing off the list, so it all remains.

DTalksAll

(0) Hearts

I just took a bunch of stuff off of it & I still have 12 pages :smileysad: 

kissXmakeup

(0) Hearts

Have any of you had issues taking things off of the list? I unlove something & when I refresh the page, it is still there. Not helping that I am second guessing whether I want the stuff I am taking off of my list haha

JGSFLA

(0) Hearts

I got the Lorac eye shadow set..they are the same quality as their usual shadows..velvety and very pigmented!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Are there any dupes to the PRO Palette?  Some look familiar but there aren't any swatches online that I found

Kiki1517

(0) Hearts

Okay some more pretty things to add that just popped up in fbk feed, unfortunately only at Ulta though:

Lorac-Dazzling-Dozen-Eye-Shadow-Collection.jpgLorac Dazzling Dozen Eye Shadow Collection $35

$35 for 12 full size eyeshadows?! If you need shadow, this is a super deal!!!

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

Has anyone gotten this?  Curious about the quality of the shades..

kimchikween

Ugh! I broke my no-buy for this...most of these are nice and silky .

loracholiday.jpg

Top row

• Shimmer - take White from the PRO palette and give it a silvery shimmer
  • Au Naturel - bisque color with a pearly shimmer
  • Gleam - very close to UD Naked Sin
  • Mango - matte, not as silky smooth, a little fallout, peachy-rose
  • Serenity - a darker version of Gleam
  • Smokin - matte, pretty close to Taupe in the PRO palette

Bottom row

• Bronze - Redder-browner version of the Gold in PRO
  • Celebutante - like a cyan color, really pretty
  • Sapphire - matte, probably the worst of the set, grey-blue
  • Dazzle - dark violet-red with fuchsia sparkle
  • Luxury - a little hard to describe - i think it's like a slate-gray-plum base with multi-color sparkle that gives off a garnet color
  • Starlight - also hard to describe - slate-gray-blue base with multi-color sparkle that gives off a purple-blue

Out of the 12, I think I will use 8 of them (not a giltter fan)

poshified

(0) Hearts

Thank you for taking the time to swatch these!! I have now decided not to get the set :smileyhappy:

DoctorsMrs

Thanks Kimchikween, Great swatches AND helpful descriptions. :smileyhappy:

kimchikween

(0) Hearts

NP - it's penance for breaking my beauty fast :smileywink:

Makeup2Zombies

I have 44 items in mine, 23 of which are lip products! YSL Glossy Stains, NARS Velvet Lip Pencils, & Tarte LipSurgence all in different shades of nudes and pinks to name a few. I also have the NARS Radiant Concealer bc I've been hearing a lot of good things about it.

Has any one smelled the Dior Addict Eau Delice Perfume? It's on my list but I have NO idea how it smells lol I'm more of a fruity, floral kinda gal.

ry22

I would hold out on the Tarte Lip Surgence for now. Last year they had a sweet set with 5 full sized products for like $34 out during the holidays.

swfupload_3936233236935816953.jpg

FireSpinner

(0) Hearts

Want! Oh i'm definately getting that if it comes out this year.lol

Advanced
You must be signed in to add attachments
Conversation Stats
  • 41 replies
  • 43 hearts
  • 25 in conversation
    • DTalksAll